clen overdose

marshbomb

marshbomb

Awards
  • Established
OK, Im a dumbass. I took clen for two weeks, took two off and today started a new two week cycle. well i used a different measuring tool than I usually use and I meant to take 60 mcg and I accidentally read a tsp as a ml and took 6/10 of a tsp which equates to about 300 mcg I think. I didnt realize I did this but I went out of town most of the day today and Ive been jacked up. Rapid heartbeat, heart palpitations, very fatigued, ends of my fingers feel numb and high temp. Its been about 8 hours now. Will I be OK or should I see a doc? I know clen has a 36 hour half life so im not sure what to do. Please dont flame me, I realize my mistake and how dumb it was.

Thanks

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
I'd call your local Poison Control hotline and see what they advise.

dsw222

dsw222

Awards
any updates for us bro?

after 2 weeks off, i went right back into 150mcg and i didnt leave my bed all day because i felt so sick/shaky/jumpy... i cant imagine 300mcg

powerhouse21

Awards
  • Established
damn bro hope ur alright. I notice mainly lethargy at 140-160 mcg a day but i dont really get the sides....do sweat a ton though.

marshbomb

marshbomb

Awards
  • Established
OK, i called poison control and he had never heard of clen, he asked if i meant albuterol and I told him no. He had me spell it out. He then came back and told me this stuffs not to be used in humans and its a vet medicine He told me I should go to the ER because symptoms were still persisting after over 8 hours and then he called ahead and told them whats up.

when i got there they admitteed me in and ran diags and such, BP was high and pulse rate very high, still have some palpitations. The doctor came in and he didnt know anything about it and he thought some other doctor had put me on this. I told him no, I ordered it online, no docs involved. He comes back later with a FDA printout showing its illegal in the US, blah blah. Anyways they put an IV in my arm and gave me a couple of doses of something cool that lowered by heart rate and BP. THey monitored me for a few hours, gave me a script and sent me home. I do feel better. Im usually not one to go to the doctors but with a 36 hour half life and the way it was making me feel I felt I had to do somethin.

powerhouse21

Awards
  • Established
OK, i called poison control and he had never heard of clen, he asked if i meant albuterol and I told him no. He had me spell it out. He then came back and told me this stuffs not to be used in humans and its a vet medicine He told me I should go to the ER because symptoms were still persisting after over 8 hours and then he called ahead and told them whats up.

when i got there they admitteed me in and ran diags and such, BP was high and pulse rate very high, still have some palpitations. The doctor came in and he didnt know anything about it and he thought some other doctor had put me on this. I told him no, I ordered it online, no docs involved. He comes back later with a FDA printout showing its illegal in the US, blah blah. Anyways they put an IV in my arm and gave me a couple of doses of something cool that lowered by heart rate and BP. THey monitored me for a few hours, gave me a script and sent me home. I do feel better. Im usually not one to go to the doctors but with a 36 hour half life and the way it was making me feel I felt I had to do somethin.
good to hear you're doing alright man. I woulda hated to sit there and have him lecture me about the clen though

deadikated

Awards
  • Established
good to hear you're doing alright man. I woulda hated to sit there and have him lecture me about the clen though
Tell me about it. When I was about to get my appendix taken out I made the mistake of telling the doctors and nurses I had used creatine. All that *****ing over some damned creatine. Seriously.

I can't imagine what they would've said to me about clen.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Let us know what happens with your insurance. Once they get wind of something like clen - I'm thinking they may cancel it (or reduce coverage). But - just a hunch.

dsw222

dsw222

Awards
Let us know what happens with your insurance. Once they get wind of something like clen - I'm thinking they may cancel it (or reduce coverage). But - just a hunch.
thats why i wouldnt have mentioned it to the ER... i would have said something like someone else suggested about using someone elses inhaler

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thats why i wouldnt have mentioned it to the ER... i would have said something like someone else suggested about using someone elses inhaler
Yeah thats really smart, go to the ER for a drug overdose, and don't tell them what drug you took and how much!

:think: :think: :think: :think: :fool2: :fool2: :fool2: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

marshbomb

marshbomb

Awards
  • Established
Well, the official diagnois and paperwork they gave me just said accidental overdose so im hoping the clen part never gets back to my insurance.

marshbomb

marshbomb

Awards
  • Established
yeah man, it did suck. once he found out what it was he really started givin me the lecture. first he walked in with the paper on it and handed it to me and said "read this and let her(my wife) read it and then tell me if thats somethin you wanna be taking."

marshbomb

marshbomb

Awards
  • Established
Yeah thats really smart, go to the ER for a drug overdose, and don't tell them what drug you took and how much!

:think: :think: :think: :think: :fool2: :fool2: :fool2: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

sounds like an episode of House.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Marsh - you won't see everything he has in his notes (the doc).
The insurance companies do see that stuff.

I've seen on the boards where a few guys have had insurance issues after admitting steroid use (if they got an infection or something along those lines).

I hope that doesn't happen to you. But - good thing you went to the ER.

p951

p951

Awards
If you aren't preparing for a competition and are on a tight schedule, I don't see why you would risk taking Clen at all. I know that with Clen you can achieve fat loss results that would take 3x as long using a regular OTC thermogenic and possibly more muscle loss, but the side effects of Clen outweigh its benefits for most people. For one, Clen only seems to work for about 2 weeks or so and then Cytomel or Synthroid must be added inorder for it to continue its effectiveness. With adding a synthetic T3, you open up a whole new can of worms. If you stay on T3 for too long or at too high a dose, you can permanently disrupt your thyroid. I've done my share of Clen use in the past, about 10 years ago, and I look back on that period of time with a "Whoooy, Man - I can't believe I did that!@ What was I thinking?" With the introduction of safer yet still effective thermogenics, I believe those not competing should stick with the legal stuff.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Clen works for fat loss - plain and simple.

I got some serious abs taking that stuff with no thyroid-anything.

The sides can be darn near deadly. I don't think I'll ever use the stuff orally again. I do intend to try it transdermally though.
I'll stick with Albuterol - some bery bery good stuff.

dsw222

dsw222

Awards
If you aren't preparing for a competition and are on a tight schedule, I don't see why you would risk taking Clen at all. I know that with Clen you can achieve fat loss results that would take 3x as long using a regular OTC thermogenic and possibly more muscle loss, but the side effects of Clen outweigh its benefits for most people. For one, Clen only seems to work for about 2 weeks or so and then Cytomel or Synthroid must be added inorder for it to continue its effectiveness. With adding a synthetic T3, you open up a whole new can of worms. If you stay on T3 for too long or at too high a dose, you can permanently disrupt your thyroid. I've done my share of Clen use in the past, about 10 years ago, and I look back on that period of time with a "Whoooy, Man - I can't believe I did that!@ What was I thinking?" With the introduction of safer yet still effective thermogenics, I believe those not competing should stick with the legal stuff.
actually i dont think that you will damage your thyroid if you stay on t3 too long. i did a lot of reading and research before starting my cycle (clen/t3) and that seems to be a false idea that everyone keeps throwing around.

i've been doing 2-on 2-off clen for a few weeks now and i like it. i max at 150mcg but might try 175 eventually.

for t3 i am running it for about 3-4 months. i did a slow taper up and will do an even slower taper down, and i max at 150mcg (currently at 150). i dont feel any different but i am getting some nice cuts.

dsw222

dsw222

Awards
Clen works for fat loss - plain and simple.

I got some serious abs taking that stuff with no thyroid-anything.

The sides can be darn near deadly. I don't think I'll ever use the stuff orally again. I do intend to try it transdermally though.
I'll stick with Albuterol - some bery bery good stuff.
did you already have a low bf% before starting? i'm hovering around 18 and would love to get down to like 12 or 10 before september

also what was your highest dose of clen? the only sides i have at 150 are extreme shakiness and a resting heart rate of 130, and neither are unmanageable