Should I Drink Tonight?

M

magx

Awards
I am on day 19 of a 21 day M1T cycle, 20mg/ED.

I have not had a single drop of alcohol (oh wait, actually I had a SIP, yes a SIP of gin a few days back) but tonight I am going out with "the boys."

Does anyone have any objective evidence as to the hazards of drinking while on this stuff?

I have heard a million times not to drink while on a methylated AAS, and I have taken it to heart, but would say 2or 3 drinks REALLY hurt for one night?

I tend to avoid much alcohol anyways, so it's not like I'll die without. But if it really isn't a big deal for one night then I might have a couple.

Is there are a real answer for this?

Thanks.

And I am fully aware of the effects of alcohol on a bodbybuilding program. I don't need those reiterated :) I only drink maybe once every copuple of months, I am not a big drinker :)

W

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
no one here is gonna recommend that, as m1t is notorious for it's liver toxicity and you are already pretty far into your cycle. it's obviously your decision, but i doubt anyone here is gonna encourage it

mfbb

mfbb

Awards
  • Established
i would strongly suggest you not drink...m1t is poison to the liver

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
From B-fiddy

Self Fulfilling Prophecies and methyl steroids

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can recall a time not so very long ago. A time when M1T was "extreme" in regard to its potential dangers. A time when use and mis-use was a very serious concern by many members on the board. A time when statements like; "every kid wanting to get huge will be eating this **** like candy" and was of a serious concern. Our conscienses were very finely tuned to the potential dangers of the use and abuse of these compounds by anyone, and especially young kids just coming into the BB world/sport, with very little to no training and diet experience.

Fast forward to today. We have 20-21yr olds weighing in at 145-165lb advising other 145-165lb kids who want to get huge by doing this or that methyl. Kids who don't know how to eat or train right. Kids who have trained for the first time in their lives now wanting to take steroids.

What happened? Where is the board conscience that used to be so prominant? Is there a board conscience?

Please note: I am not anti steroids, nor anti kids (young men), nor anti kids on steroids. I'm sure this may offend a few too many. But surely there are some here who remember "back in the day" when we used conscience and caution when supplying advise.

I'm sure I'm not alone here.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Amen...Question to answer for yourself if two or three drinks is really ther case or are you looking to be convinced. 2-3 turn into passed out vomitting on the floor.

M

magx

Awards
Amen...Question to answer for yourself if two or three drinks is really ther case or are you looking to be convinced. 2-3 turn into passed out vomitting on the floor.
certainly not.

Knowing myself, 2-3 actually means 1-2 but I was trying to not be too conservative.

I think you guys got the wrong impression. I have absolutely followed every precaution that is preached around the various boards, both during this cycle and my few others in the past.

I ALSO know though, that some things are exxagerated. Perhaps this may be one of them?

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
I am on day 19 of a 21 day M1T cycle, 20mg/ED.

I have not had a single drop of alcohol (oh wait, actually I had a SIP, yes a SIP of gin a few days back) but tonight I am going out with "the boys."

Does anyone have any objective evidence as to the hazards of drinking while on this stuff?

I have heard a million times not to drink while on a methylated anabolic steroids, and I have taken it to heart, but would say 2or 3 drinks REALLY hurt for one night?
I hate to be a ****, but :gotsearch This has been covered many times.

Take some time and search around this board, there's a ton of good info here.

Oh, and :welcome: Sorry I didn't tell you that when we conversed before.

M

magx

Awards
thanks for the welcome :)

I have decided not to drink tonight. Even if it is paranoia, so what? I won't get anything positive out of a couple of drinks, all there is is the chance for somehting negative, be it extra calories, estrogen increase, or yes, even liver toxicity (I still don't know if I buy that....a drink or two one night I am sure won't cause jaundice or liver failure or something but it's ok).

Thanks guys.

M

magx

Awards
oh and I did search, there was alot of DON't drink!!!!! going on but no actual studies (I didn't see any)

M

magx

Awards
I am sure to get some ribbing tonight.

Ah well, if they don't shut up about it I'll squat them through the roof ;)

Thanks again guys.

Vicarious

Vicarious

Awards
  • Established
who cares about 1 or 2 drinks..is it really worth it? just drink water or something. I got drunk (actually sheeeeaaaatfaced) once...as a younger man on an anadrol cycle. I've posted the results in here before...long story short...I trashed my future father-in-laws hotel...in nothing but my underware...its actually much worse than this,,,or better depending on where you are coming from...:)...that was a long time ago...1 drink is one more your liver don't really need.

M

magx

Awards
who cares about 1 or 2 drinks..is it really worth it? just drink water or something. I got drunk (actually sheeeeaaaatfaced) once...as a younger man on an anadrol cycle. I've posted the results in here before...long story short...I trashed my future father-in-laws hotel...in nothing but my underware...its actually much worse than this,,,or better depending on where you are coming from...:)...that was a long time ago...1 drink is one more your liver don't really need.
I've already stated I am not drinking this evening.

Anyways, I'm going to go upstairs, pound back a nice protein shake and then get ready to head out.

Have a good night.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think it's a great choice to make because it shows your will to overcome what peer pressure has cause many to cave against. I don't think 2 beers would hurt to be honest but to able to resist that temptation teaches so much more. you know what it means to be strict and follow through with your goals.

Well done.

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
well im on my 9th day of epistane and test enanthate and im gonna have a few drinks tomorrow night, but plenty of liver support as well...

Dolarhyde

Dolarhyde

Awards
Yeah dude drink tonight! You only live once right?
I agree with Jawhawkk, and you made the right choice tonight. I used to drink on my superdrol cycle and my piss was REALLY dark. Nice job.

M

magx

Awards
Just got back. They all drank AND ate nachos n cheese, chicken wings, potato skins lol.

I had baked salmon, a salad with no dressing, and water :p

Of course I got a few comments but in the end, not so bad.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good to hear you stuck to your guns and saw it through!

Sparta2

Sparta2

Awards
Great to hear your choice. Got a buddy of mine who was running 15mgs of M1T a few years back along with Milk Thistle, rala and NAC. Went out one night and had a few mixed drinks. 2 days later the whites of his eyes and the skin under his nails started to turn yellow. He stopped his cycle, but the condition continued for about 2 more weeks. His doctor was none too happy. I don't remember what meds the doc gave him, but it took close to 2 months for his enzymes to return to normal. I'm not saying this would've happened to you, but why the risk? Too late once something goes wrong. And for what? A bigger bench? Error on the side of caution. Especially with M1T. Very toxic stuff.

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
For those of u that think im stupid, i actually only drink about once every 2 weeks, sometimes once a week, and when i do I have a few drinks, not gonna kill me, also when i drink I usually drink vodka/water/lime, so that doesnt even dehydrate me that much. Its easy for you to sit there at your computer and call someone stupid, when im sure you dont always do what is necessarily in your best interest, well from some peoples standpoints that is.

Yeah dude drink tonight! You only live once right?
I agree with Jawhawkk, and you made the right choice tonight. I used to drink on my superdrol cycle and my piss was REALLY dark. Nice job.
Yeah actually you do only live once, which is probably the main reason that most of the people on this board have chosen to take prohormones or steroids in the first place, also if you were drinking on superdrol and your piss turned really dark then you probably dehydrated yourself!

M

magx

Awards
Thanks Jayhawkk!

Great to hear your choice. Got a buddy of mine who was running 15mgs of M1T a few years back along with Milk Thistle, rala and NAC. Went out one night and had a few mixed drinks. 2 days later the whites of his eyes and the skin under his nails started to turn yellow. He stopped his cycle, but the condition continued for about 2 more weeks. His doctor was none too happy. I don't remember what meds the doc gave him, but it took close to 2 months for his enzymes to return to normal. I'm not saying this would've happened to you, but why the risk? Too late once something goes wrong. And for what? A bigger bench? Error on the side of caution. Especially with M1T. Very toxic stuff.
Yikes!! I would assume though that he had some pre-exisiting condiiton, and the M1T and alcohol exacerbated it. Did he drink a lot before the cycle perhaps?

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
For those of u that think im stupid... Its easy for you to sit there at your computer and call someone stupid, when im sure you dont always do what is necessarily in your best interest, well from some peoples standpoints that is.
Nobody called anyone stupid...

Yeah actually you do only live once, which is probably the main reason that most of the people on this board have chosen to take prohormones or steroids in the first place, also if you were drinking on superdrol and your piss turned really dark then you probably dehydrated yourself!
Or possibly the kidneys stopped functioning their best ;)

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
This is what I love about Am.com---

"AM.com, where we will help you learn you how to kill yourself, but dont expect us to hold your hand."

Sparta2

Sparta2

Awards
Thanks Jayhawkk!

Yikes!! I would assume though that he had some pre-exisiting condiiton, and the M1T and alcohol exacerbated it. Did he drink a lot before the cycle perhaps?
No, he didn't drink much or often. I do think he may have ran the M1T longer than he said he did, but I don't know. It's hard to get concrete readings on the amount of consistant toxic reactions from these compounds because no legitamate lab will do a double blind study on them: they have no medical benefit outside of muscle building, and most are illegal. I don't know if there is one already, but a thread with a few of us posting regular bloodwork #'s would be cool. My liver returns to normal quickly during pct. I'm curious as to other's experiences.

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
Lets hear it for the smart ass...
Wow... you really don't understand the Smilie, do you?

How about you drop it? The consensus of the forum is that it is NOT good to drink alcoholic beverages whilst using 17aa-methylated steroids. There is plenty of clinical evidence to support the liver toxic potential of ethanol, and also plenty of evidence to support liver toxic potential of 17aa-steroids. It's easy to add up the results of combining the 2.

If you want to drink on 17aa's, it's your liver (and kidneys). But I don't think it's a good idea to recommend to people they'll be OK with just a couple of drinks (I know you didn't directly recommend it). You've only got one liver, why chance it?

So, let's stop ->

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
This is what I love about Am.com---

"AM.com, where we will help you learn you how to kill yourself, but dont expect us to hold your hand."
I'm emo, so that statement is right down my alley. :)

V00D00

V00D00

Awards
Wow... you really don't understand the Smilie, do you?

How about you drop it? The consensus of the forum is that it is NOT good to drink alcoholic beverages whilst using 17aa-methylated steroids. There is plenty of clinical evidence to support the liver toxic potential of ethanol, and also plenty of evidence to support liver toxic potential of 17aa-steroids. It's easy to add up the results of combining the 2.

If you want to drink on 17aa's, it's your liver (and kidneys). But I don't think it's a good idea to recommend to people they'll be OK with just a couple of drinks (I know you didn't directly recommend it). You've only got one liver, why chance it?

So, let's stop ->

agree. but coming from someone who tried it back when HE was a newb: youll note your tolerance is substantially less, and that you can black out suddenly, youre going to feel a pain in your abdomen, its your liver swelling. my advice, dont try it, drink water and a lot of it if you do... otherwise youll be visiting the hospital...

V00D00

V00D00

Awards
yikes, swollen liver!!!

*eek*
not my smartest moment, however after the four years i put it through in santa barbara... and how little i drink now... the whole methyls thing is a walk in the park lol

moklepaul

moklepaul

Awards
  • Established
Cliff notes:

Beating a dead horse is an idiom which means a particular request or line of conversation is already foreclosed, mooted, or otherwise resolved, and any attempt to continue it is futile.