34 y/o question

twswift

twswift

Awards
Been lurking here for a while reading and researching and finally getting around to posting.

I'm a 34 y/o guy 6'1, 170lbs whose been training consistently for the last 4 years (up from 155lbs) with good form, good diet and good flexibility. I am your textbook slow & hard-gainer. I am not a 18y/o looking for instant gains or a muscle-head looking to get HUGE. My ideal target weight is 180lbs lean muscle with a max of 185lbs (yes, I know exactly what I want). Due to my age and gains over the years I believe I've maxed out what I can do through regular diet and exercise and so I'm considering a single cycle to add 8-10 pounds of lean muscle and just call it a day after that and go back to my "normal" life.

From all the research I've done it seems like a 30day Halo cycle w/ appropropriate post cycle therapy might be the best route to get me to my specific goal despite the fact that some people use it for cutting. I came to this approach by balancing risk, gains, TD/oral/spike, time and EGO and am interested in hearing knowledgeable and clear-headed opinions about this cycle or alternative to get me where I want to be. Please keep in my mind age, approach and specific goal before flaming my newbie thread...

Thanks guys...

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
Do you have any previous cycle history?

Why Halo over others, like Epistane?

Did you consider more "natural" supps/stacks, like BAM/JW or Mass Fx/ HD x2? RPM is incredibly sweet too!

twswift

twswift

Awards
This would be my first cycle.

I haven't considered Epistane because, honestly, I think I've worked myself into a mental Halo-is-for-me rut, hence why I'm asking others for the feedback. I'll check it out.

My previous experience with more "natural" supps has been disappointing to say the least but then again I've been shopping based off of retard-suggestions from friends and nutri-shop salesnuts. I'm of the belief that that you either a clean gainer (simple diet and exercise) or you go the PH/AS route so the intermediate supps don't really grab my attention that much.

supersoldier

supersoldier

Awards
  • Established
My previous experience with more "natural" supps has been disappointing to say the least but then again I've been shopping based off of retard-suggestions from friends and nutri-shop salesnuts.
This is a big problem. The majority of those guys that work in supp shops don't know their head from their ass. Like when VPX sold their 1-test cyp as a "sterile oil", one guy really had no idea that the stuff was suited for injection. :frustrate

So you're talking about the origional Halodrol right, not the liquigels?

I admittedly haven't looked into Halodrol too much, but Epistane is beyond the shadow of a doubt the real deal.

Also if you don't wanna go the ph(steroid) route, the BAD ASS MASS and Jungle Warfare stack, as well as the Mass Fx / Hyperdrol X2 stack will produce some real results, both without liver toxicity and shutdown.

twswift

twswift

Awards
Actually the product I'm looking at is "Halo D" and not the Gaspari liquigels.

I like what I'm reading about Epistane though, thanks for the nod in that direciton. I assume that PCT would be similiar for both? I've read some posts suggesting Letro vs. Nolva because it's a progestin. Any thoughts?

I'll also research your non-PH stacks since they're prop'd by users vs. pushers. Sometimes we back into these things, right?

supersoldier

supersoldier

Awards
  • Established
Actually the product I'm looking at is "Halo D" and not the Gaspari liquigels.

I like what I'm reading about Epistane though, thanks for the nod in that direciton. I assume that post cycle therapy would be similiar for both? I've read some posts suggesting Letro vs. Nolva because it's a progestin. Any thoughts?

I'll also research your non-PH stacks since they're prop'd by users vs. pushers. Sometimes we back into these things, right?
I wouldn't use letro for P C T. Toremifene, Clomid, Nolva, or Raloxifene. Any one will do. Torem if your feeling fancy, clomid or nolva if you wanna be cheap.

You could also use something like JW, or HD X2, or Retain/Retain2 in conjunction with the SERM. Or Mass FX

I'm actually using Epi right now. My P.C.T will be Mass FX/Toremifene. Amongst other things ;)