Cycling for BodyBuilding

FitModel

FitModel

Awards
  • Established
I'm just wondering in general how does cycling for your average (non pro) competitive bodybuilder differ from cycling of your average Fitness guy who just does it to look good in the summer and keep his bench up, or whatever.

The reason I ask is because I have used AAS in the past, cycling on/off and following the recommended/standard cycle lengs and time off/on protocols

my main question is that I plan on competing in the near future, maybe 5,6,7 months down the road so I'm wondering if I should stay clean for those preceeding months and then do a cycle 8-12 weeks before the competition, or if I should cycle normally. The reason I ask is because I would think that I would get better results if I let me receptors clear and just train naturally for a longer period of time, before using gear...

G

grantr

Banned
Awards
I heard the "let your receptors clear" is a bunch of crap. I also heard they regenerate themselves daily, which would make sense. You cells die and replenish.

FitModel

FitModel

Awards
  • Established
so your saying there is no need to allow any additional time between cycles
(I follow the standard time on + pct = time off)

G

grantr

Banned
Awards
so your saying there is no need to allow any additional time between cycles
(I follow the standard time on + post cycle therapy = time off)
Thats not what I'm saying because the time off is not to let your receptors clear but to let your body stabilize. ex. cholesterol and blood pressure levels return to normal and testosterone production up to its natural potential again. And to give your liver a break.