Did I kill my T-1???!! (Chemist)

BigHeadJeff

Awards
Hey Guys...

I received my T-1 (with DMSO of course)... I stuck the bottle in the microwave to heat it up to mix the DMSO in... WELL... I left it in there about 10 seconds to long and the T-1 started to boil and some even bubbled out of the top (some may call this boiling :) ). Anyhow.. I immediately yanked it out (the bottle was do damn hot it was soft and is now warped)... went ahead and mixed in the DMSO...

My question is... do you think it is still 'good' after being through such heat? I'm gonna be sick if I killed my first bottle of T-1 :-(

Thanks

Jeff

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Jeff,

I don't know the answer.

Just didn't want you to see so many people viewing your thread and not responding.

You will probably have to wait until Chemo sees this for a coment.

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Yeah bump for Chemo. He would know best.

conversekidz

Awards
There is a reason why you are suppost to use a double boiler when you heat chemicals....

Not only is a double boiler safer....do you know what radiation does to the chemicals you are "nuking".

I see people on this site going off on people for not researching the side effects of the substances you are taking. But I see little to no comments on the people who are mixing this stuff. People should be hounding this guy for doing such an act, just like you hound all the people that don't research enough before they do a cycle.

captainbicept

Awards
i am unsure about the boiling aspect, as i do not know at what temperature those moleculse begin to breakdown, however i do know that a microwave can denature the chemicals in question. there is a thread on this in here i'll find it and post it

captainbicept

Awards
This is a bulletin board at its finest! You bros make me proud *sniffle*

Curt introduced the heating method some time ago on the bb.com board and I believe in its ability to increase the absorption. How much? Maybe a few percent but this is also a few $'s...

Heating and cooling will not affect the molecules integrity if done by hot water bath, bottle warmer (preferred for conistency), etc. Be warned that microwave heating may very well alter the molecules since the radiation affects -OH bonds (i-prop, PG, IPM, OA, and even the powders themselves all have -OH bonds). There is no temperature regulation when dealing with microwave heating...

Now, heating a bottle (say in a bottle warmer) will increase the temperature but will cool rapidly once applied. The energy is still transferred to the skin which is a good thing since the localized increase in blood flow will aid in absorption. It is a personal preference as to whether the added inconvenience is worth it...for me it sounds like a good idea.

Chemo

http://www.anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=122&perpage=30&highlight=Heat&pagenumber=2

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
Give me more info on the current status of the bottle. Does it now stratify (separate into layers) or is it still a homogenous mixture? Is it an off color or does it still resemble a lotion? Does it smell of rancid beef or still somewhat of cirtus? How long did you leave it in? What is the wattage on the microwave? Does some appear to be browned on the bottom of the bottle?

Future reference...do not microwave a bottle of T-1. ;)

Chemo

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by conversekidz
...I see people on this site going off on people for not researching the side effects of the substances you are taking. But I see little to no comments on the people who are mixing this stuff. People should be hounding this guy for doing such an act, just like you hound all the people that don't research enough before they do a cycle.
I'm sure we'll get to that after we drill down to whether the bottle is salvageable...very keen oberservation though.  We help before we chastise...

Chemo 

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by conversekidz

I see people on this site going off on people for not researching the side effects of the substances you are taking. But I see little to no comments on the people who are mixing this stuff. People should be hounding this guy for doing such an act, just like you hound all the people that don't research enough before they do a cycle.

There's a difference between not knowing what you put in your body, and what you do with the product before you put it in your body.. Screwing up a bottle of transdermal only hurts your wallet, any hounding from me is because these products can do things someone might not be ready to deal with, besides the need for new clothes from all the new muscle.. ;)

BigHeadJeff

Awards
Ok... here we go.. I'm going to answer Chemos' questions one at a time :)

The physical 'bottle' is fine, it was just 'soft' when I took it out of the microwave, ok really soft, but it kept it's shape/form... it just has a little dent on the side... but basically it's all ok... it's SLIGHTLY warped or dented on the side where I sort of squeezed it when soft

The 'gel' is ok also, it is not divided into layers the consistency is the exact same as it was before I nuked it....

It still smells of citrus and color is still perfectly white...

There is none browned on the bottom of the bottle...

In all honesty if it didn't srew up the label on the bottle a little and where I put a small 'dent' on the side from squeezing the bottle while it was still soft... you would never know what happened...

I was just worried about it ruining the T-1 (ie making it ineffective)..

Thanks for the replies everyone!

They are all greatly appreciated..

Jeff

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
It appears as though the lotion was not compromised by extended microwave radition given your observations above. In addition, since you handled the bottle after the microwave exposure it is safe to assume that it did not reach high enough temperature to cause molecule destruction of the the active material. This is not to say that the localized effect did not cause ANY damage but rather the average temperature did not "kill" all the molecules. This is NOT a guarentee but rather an educated guesss...

Chemo

BigHeadJeff

Awards
Thanks Chemo --

I guess all I can do is start the cycle on Monday and see what happens.

Thanks again all...

Jeff

Godlike

Awards
I'm sorry, did I supposed to heat the bottle up before I put in the DMSO?
I just put it in and shook well, and have been using it since Wednesday.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by Godlike
I'm sorry, did I supposed to heat the bottle up before I put in the DMSO?
I just put it in and shook well, and have been using it since Wednesday.

No real need in heating it, unless you add more powder to it..

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
Just remember if you don't grow you can't blame it on us.. heheheh. It will be fine but where the ?????? did you find out to nuke it... So I can go beat them with a stick... :) TTY