stomach distention drives me nuts

1. New Member
    Answers

stomach distention drives me nuts

i hate ab distention b/c it makes you look fat even when you're not. i wanted to do a couple dnp cycles anyway and i thought the bulge in the upper ab region might be fat anyway. but after 2 dnp cycles i lost fat everywhere including obliques and waistline/lower abs. no change in stomach distention which tells me its something else causing it. my dr. said i had a very large rectus abdominus. does this sound feasable? what other reasons could there be?

2. Board Sponsor
    Answers

It could be caused by VAT(visceral adipose tissue). Maybe look into a 7-Keto-DHEA product like the old Ab-solved by Avant.

3. Banned
    Answers

ever used slin? m1t? tren? GH? igf-1?

•   

4. Board Supporter
    Answers

ab vacuum exercises have helped me, read up on them.

5. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.
    Answers

Man I feel you! I am a good sized guy but all you notice is my stomach. I sit just over 10% and look like hell. Have to get to like 6% to get any kind of decent look.

6. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
    I personally noticed stomach distention when my nandrolone dosage got too high (NPP, 150 EOD). After dropping the dose (100 EOD), it went away after a week or so. I also noticed slight distention when running 1g/week of test-E (by itsself), but zero distention when running an equivalent amount of test-P (by itsself). Everyone is different and will react to gear differently; if this bothers you quite a bit, you may need to fool around with various compounds and dosages to find a stack that eliminates this. I must admit, I was really upset when I saw my little waist start balooning out on the NPP. No muscle gains are worth looking pregnant.
    Mine is not gear related, its friggin perminent... It only goes away a SMALL amount when I get ripped.

7. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  224 lbs.
    Answers

I got the same problem man....drive me nuts....i can see my upper 4 pack and have a small pinch at the obttom but I have a 40" waist.....even when I am sporting a full 6 pack i am well over 35" waist....somebody help us....

BTW HOw will 7-keto-dhea help....i'm confused?

8. Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kjkriston View Post
    BTW HOw will 7-keto-dhea help....i'm confused?
    If the distention is due to VAT, then the 7-Keto/7-OXO would be used(in the case of Ab-solved) to locally inhibit cortisol, which is a contributor to VAT.

9. Banned
    Answers

I have a recommendation: make a profound effort to remain at a low bodyfat (less than 6%) for a prolonged period of time. Like 6 months or so, even if it means losing some muscle. Some people have a lot of fat around their intestines underneath their abdominal muscles and this fat doesn't go away easily. Especially true if you've ever used any topical fat loss products or localized fat loss drugs. For example, GH causes fat loss at and right around the injection site; this can result in curface fat being burned quickly but leaving the fat underneath the ab muscles alone.

Additionally, you'll want to make sure you aren't eating any HUGE meals. If you have any huge meals then you need to split those up into multiple meals. Large quantities of food in a sitting will cause MAJOR distension that hangs around for a number of hours, many times all the wya up till your next meal.

Lastly, lay off the GH, IGF1, and insulin if you are currently using one of those. You might also want to stay away from oral anabolic steroids in general for a while since many can cause intestinal upset in some people which can result in distension for any number of reasons. For some it's inflamation due to irritation, for most it's simply excess gas that never finds its way "out" to a significant degree.

10. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rpen22 View Post
    It could be caused by VAT(visceral adipose tissue). Maybe look into a 7-Keto-DHEA product like the old Ab-solved by Avant.
    but wouldn't dnp burn up more fat then top. 7-keto dhea?

11. New Member
    Answers

If the distention is due to VAT, then the 7-Keto/7-OXO would be used(in the case of Ab-solved) to locally inhibit cortisol, which is a contributor to VAT.
    i'm using a high dose of a drug that has anti-cortisol properties REMERON 60 mgs bedtime.

12. New Member
    Answers

fwiw, my dr. told me i had a very large rectus abdominus and not much fat.

13. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Nullifidian View Post
    I have a recommendation: make a profound effort to remain at a low bodyfat (less than 6%) for a prolonged period of time. Like 6 months or so, even if it means losing some muscle. Some people have a lot of fat around their intestines underneath their abdominal muscles and this fat doesn't go away easily. Especially true if you've ever used any topical fat loss products or localized fat loss drugs. For example, GH causes fat loss at and right around the injection site; this can result in curface fat being burned quickly but leaving the fat underneath the ab muscles alone.

Additionally, you'll want to make sure you aren't eating any HUGE meals. If you have any huge meals then you need to split those up into multiple meals. Large quantities of food in a sitting will cause MAJOR distension that hangs around for a number of hours, many times all the wya up till your next meal.

Lastly, lay off the GH, IGF1, and insulin if you are currently using one of those. You might also want to stay away from oral anabolic steroids in general for a while since many can cause intestinal upset in some people which can result in distension for any number of reasons. For some it's inflamation due to irritation, for most it's simply excess gas that never finds its way "out" to a significant degree.
    YES! Great post...About the gas thing, I REALLY think that is a large part for me. Everyone I know can't believe the gas I have and I am often sick from gas. I've tried Gut Health (pr-biotic) which did almost nothing. Even right now I sit here sick with gassy indigestion.

14. Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by s.norman View Post
    but wouldn't dnp burn up more fat then top. 7-keto dhea?
    I'm not very familiar with DNP so I could not tell you, but you very well may be right.

I was just throwing the possibility out there, and you're right, the Remeron would probably have a stronger effect than the 7-Keto on cortisol levels, so that most likely is not the cause of your distention.

15. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by justreading View Post
    YES! Great post...About the gas thing, I REALLY think that is a large part for me. Everyone I know can't believe the gas I have and I am often sick from gas. I've tried Gut Health (pr-biotic) which did almost nothing. Even right now I sit here sick with gassy indigestion.
    have you tried gas-x, phazyme w/ simethicone it might help you did nada for me.

16. Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by s.norman View Post
    have you tried gas-x, phazyme w/ simethicone it might help you did nada for me.
    Is there a bloated feeling or just constant distention?

17. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.
    Answers

Is there a bloated feeling or just constant distention?
    Constant disention. I think it's a combo of: 1. Large rectus abdomus 2. Visceral fat and 3. Gas

I have been 6% bodyfat with viens and striations across my swolen gut ha

18. Banned
    Answers

Add yogurt and fiber to your diet. I almost forgot to mention, most bodybuilding diets leave us very very very prone to constipation, and when it gets bad, you wind up quite literally full of s##t. Fiber and yogurt both help in that department. Don't bother with a supplement, I don't trust the bacteria to survive in a pill. Go with real yogurt. Preferably nonfat plain yogurt but in all seriousness it doesn't matter which yogurt because they all have good bacteria.

19. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.
    Answers

Add yogurt and fiber to your diet. I almost forgot to mention, most bodybuilding diets leave us very very very prone to constipation, and when it gets bad, you wind up quite literally full of s##t. Fiber and yogurt both help in that department. Don't bother with a supplement, I don't trust the bacteria to survive in a pill. Go with real yogurt. Preferably nonfat plain yogurt but in all seriousness it doesn't matter which yogurt because they all have good bacteria.
    On a strict Cal count so it does matter. I'll come up with some sort of recipe to make it easier to eat. How much though? As far as fiber goes I am all set haha I would say 30g a day easy.

20. New Member
    Answers

Perhaps it is just genetic and thats how it was meant to be?? If thats the case i think the ab vacuum exersizes are the way to go??

21. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dadream View Post
    Perhaps it is just genetic and thats how it was meant to be?? If thats the case i think the ab vacuum exersizes are the way to go??
    Who ever let genetic beat them? I started working out at 135-140 and now sit at a lean 214... genetics ha... Messin around man but I am sick of it just like the guy who started the post.

22. New Member
    Answers

good call bro! i do have IBS (irritable bowel) and i finally started using metamucel. this has helped a little w/ the bulge in upper to mid abs. but keep in mind we all have different genetics and not much can be done w/ a large rectus abdominus.

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Injury is driving me nuts, any advice appreciated
    By bashman in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-12-2011, 02:40 PM
  2. Noobs are driving me UP THE WALL!!
    By nosnmiveins in forum General Chat
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 07-09-2009, 09:14 AM
  3. Tren driving me to insanity.
    By fudgebutt in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-18-2008, 12:40 PM
  4. AppNuts Drives me Nutz!
    By jjohn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-11-2007, 09:50 PM
  5. Search driving me insane. On cycle ancillaries.
    By Ianhockey91 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-05-2007, 08:30 PM