steroids and drug testing

  1. New Member
    calidood's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    475
    Rep Power
    339
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    12.72%

    steroids and drug testing


    I have been wondering, as I know some do this. But in a place where you get drug tested, how do you get away with taking steroids? I'm sure that most places don't do steroid tests unless they need to. The reason I ask, is I'm in the military, and I have seen peole who I'm pretty sure are taking steroids. I know A LOT of people who have taken prohormones, but I'm more asking about real hardcore steroids like deca, dbol, test, all that. So does anyone know the deal? Are there any military guys out there that take steroids? I'm not interested in it too much cause I know I got a little ways to go before I can start them and I only have a couple more years in. But I'm just wondering about this. I know that steroid testing isn't done in the military unless you're suspected. But I'm wondering if they can suspect given a drug test. Like I know a steroid test is expensive, but given a regular drug test can they see what your testosterone count is? Or if you have synthetic testosterone cheaply?

  2. New Member
    bobby32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    96
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    45%

    bump to this..dono't wuna get popped
  3. Banned
    jomi822's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,419
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    52.43%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    they will directly test for the metabolites of scheduled steroids and also test your testosterone/epitestosterone style.

    most of the current pro hormones and pro steroids wont show up on the metabolite test...

    they should see that your actual testosterone levels are a bit low, however.
    •   
       

  4. She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
    supersoldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,204
    Rep Power
    1777
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    57.5%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I was in the military, and worked as a lab tech in a military hospital. A random drug test is only THC, Cocaine, Bezodiazapines, Opiates, Barbituates, and Amphetamines.

    There was a time when it had to be clear as day to anybody that saw me or knew me that I was juicing, and I never had any problems.

    I'll also agree with you that if you go to the gym on post, a good % of guys there are definitely juicing.

    Testosterone levels are hardly ever checked for, unless it's coming from an Endocrinologist or maybe a physical for an older guy. Only way I could see a doctor doing any further investigation is if he saw a bottomed out HDL level during a physical, because a lipid panel is part of it for sure.

    To get popped for steroids, IMO you gotta really piss somebody off with a lot of pull ie. commander or 1sg/sgm. Or have an anger related incident like flipping sh!t on somebody or beating somebody's ass pretty bad. Or get ratted on.
  5. Banned
    jomi822's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,419
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    52.43%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    whups, my prior post was talking about IF they tested for steroids. IF they test for steroids most of the pro hormones wont show up in regards to the metabolites (though some will).

    your test/epi test ratio can give you away.
  6. Senior Member
    warnerve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,986
    Rep Power
    15205
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    55.89%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    i've read that they make some sort of epitest sublingual tabs that are popular with pro athletes and the like for testing, but I don't know how true that is or how accessible they are for us average joe's
  7. New Member
    bobby32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    96
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    45%

    Thanks for all the help guys...It's appreciated.
  8. New Member
    calidood's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    475
    Rep Power
    339
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    12.72%

    Quote Originally Posted by supersoldier View Post
    I was in the military, and worked as a lab tech in a military hospital. A random drug test is only THC, Cocaine, Bezodiazapines, Opiates, Barbituates, and Amphetamines.

    There was a time when it had to be clear as day to anybody that saw me or knew me that I was juicing, and I never had any problems.

    I'll also agree with you that if you go to the gym on post, a good % of guys there are definitely juicing.

    Testosterone levels are hardly ever checked for, unless it's coming from an Endocrinologist or maybe a physical for an older guy. Only way I could see a doctor doing any further investigation is if he saw a bottomed out HDL level during a physical, because a lipid panel is part of it for sure.

    To get popped for steroids, IMO you gotta really piss somebody off with a lot of pull ie. commander or 1sg/sgm. Or have an anger related incident like flipping sh!t on somebody or beating somebody's ass pretty bad. Or get ratted on.
    So they don't even look at like test levels or anything like that? I mean..if I was in the military i would definitely turn my head cause we're supposed to be fit to fight. But I'm sure they could never just come out and SAY that.
  9. Advanced Member
    freqfly's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    949
    Rep Power
    7247
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    32.31%

    A basic drug test won't test for steroids. Acutal steroid tests are quite expensive so companies tend not to go there.
  10. Professional Member
    Rugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,060
    Rep Power
    4772
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    65.07%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    The military administers amphetamines to certain operators. Fun fact.
  11. Senior Member
    holyintellect's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  295 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,224
    Rep Power
    697
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    56.59%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    The company I work for requires us to submit to random urine samples...I have outlined this before, but we were previously using the ten panel drug screen, but recently switched to the five panel....it does not look for steroids.....any employer who does require a drug screen must tell you in advance what they are looking for....since we are a union facility it is even written in our Collective Bargaining Agreement.

    holy
  12. New Member
    Kraker's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    419
    Rep Power
    288
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    71.59%

    Quote Originally Posted by calidood View Post
    I have been wondering, as I know some do this. But in a place where you get drug tested, how do you get away with taking steroids? I'm sure that most places don't do steroid tests unless they need to. The reason I ask, is I'm in the military, and I have seen peole who I'm pretty sure are taking steroids. I know A LOT of people who have taken prohormones, but I'm more asking about real hardcore steroids like deca, dbol, test, all that. So does anyone know the deal? Are there any military guys out there that take steroids? I'm not interested in it too much cause I know I got a little ways to go before I can start them and I only have a couple more years in. But I'm just wondering about this. I know that steroid testing isn't done in the military unless you're suspected. But I'm wondering if they can suspect given a drug test. Like I know a steroid test is expensive, but given a regular drug test can they see what your testosterone count is? Or if you have synthetic testosterone cheaply?
    Im in, and I never have any problems. My whole squad knows that 3 of us do, just gotta make sure you don't give any of the upper chain of command a reason to test you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    The military administers amphetamines to certain operators. Fun fact.
    Yup, but it's bad if we take it on our own schedule....
  13. New Member
    begformercy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    96
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    47.54%

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino61466 View Post
    True true, they were given sh*t like that to abm's and pilots when I was in the AF.
    Future ABM here. This is INDEED a fun fact. I love stims....

    Also, I was on juice at my meps physical where they took blood and urine and it was fine. I'm almost 90%positive that they only test you for recs unless they have good reason. Requests for steroid tests are sent to the Olympic Testing Lab, so you KNOW it's expensive.

    Just...be careful if you go on leave for 3 months and come back 20lbs heavier....
  14. Advanced Member
    angel77's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Age
    37
    Posts
    512
    Rep Power
    333
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    61.62%

    Exclamation


    Quote Originally Posted by supersoldier View Post

    Testosterone levels are hardly ever checked for, unless it's coming from an Endocrinologist or maybe a physical for an older guy. Only way I could see a doctor doing any further investigation is if he saw a bottomed out HDL level during a physical, because a lipid panel is part of it for sure.

    .
    That's funny you say this because the only thing that came back on my lipid panel that was abnormal was my HDL. It was very low and the next week when my wife saw our doctor (whom we are both close with) he asked her if all I was doing was lifting. It seemed to turn a light on in his head. I've talked with him about some of the products I've taken and he's open to help and test as needed. He knows my libido is down right now and said if it doesn't improve he'll help me out. I'm waiting on a Clomid order as we speak. If it doesn't work I'll let him do whatever he needs to.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Trenabol-X or T-1 Pro and drug testing
    By airtym in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-18-2009, 01:25 PM
  2. Steroids and Drug Tests
    By orangejuice07 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-12-2008, 06:22 PM
  3. M1-T and drug test
    By wu36 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-29-2003, 07:14 AM
  4. T1pro and drug tests
    By kranden in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-27-2003, 10:59 AM
  5. PH's and Drug Testing
    By jweave23 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-05-2003, 10:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in