Liver Support POLL: If you had the choice to chose one of the following products!

If you had the choice to chose one of the following product, which would it be?

• Total voters

300Fan

Awards
Ive searched and havent seen a poll for these products.. It seems there is a lot of people using liver longer but, ive read it is really under dosed?

So, im going to list as many liver "support supplements" i know of in the poll so we can see which gets the highest votes!

Please vote for the "most effective", cost does not matter.

Also, if u use more then one, list/explain :woohoo:

edit: btw, i have chosen AI Cycle support. Im currently taking 2 scoops/day (1 serving) for 1-2 weeks (depending on my injury) prior to my first cycle.

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
btw, i have chosen AI Cycle support. Im currently taking 2 scoops/day (1 serving) for 1-2 weeks (depending on my injury) prior to my first cycle.

Good choice! :thumbsup: :D

V00D00

V00D00

Awards
if i had to choose a product it would be SAMe and nothing but.

Sonicology

Sonicology

Awards
If all you were concerned about was liver support then I suggest Cycle Support would be a poor choice since it contains RYR which is potentially hepatotoxic. However I think most would agree that its cholesterol lowering properties outweigh any potential liver toxicity concerns.

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
I am going to run cycle support, even though I too have heard of the problems that my arise with RYR. SAMe seems to be really good too.

I would go with cycle support.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great idea for a poll!

Listing both Cycle Support and Life Support is redundant IMO. Maybe they could have been grouped together as one choice. Againk, great idea either way though.

AlphaAnabolic

AlphaAnabolic

Awards
Well well well... no surpirses here! Look who is WAY out in front!!!

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
Cycle Support... :thumbsup:

Workin

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am going to run cycle support, even though I too have heard of the problems that my arise with RYR. SAMe seems to be really good too.

I would go with cycle support.
I heard the fda is taking ryr off the shelves.....there must be some truth to that statement!!!

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
without giving any company props......It's a known fact(even tho my doctor told me NOTHING!!!!!!! will help your liver,taking nothing is better..less stress on the liver is the key) the liver is able to repair itself...one one the few organs that can actually regenerate itself,(if you give it the time too!!!!)...i personally take this matter very serious,and would have to recomend the following(nothing listed above)...R-isomer alpha lipoic acid(designer supplements does make a great one) this is one of the most potent anti-oxidants to date..NAC,proven to prevent toxicity of the liver,due to overdose of things like toxic mushrooms,tylonol od(things like lortabs,)hospitals use this to detox patients..(my brother works in a trama unit er),milk thistle is a powerful antioxidant,and is proven by many studies to help the liver...just food for thought...hope this helps someone....

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
GREAT info Trip, good thing Cycle Support has milk thistle in it :)

CROWLER

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
I heard the fda is taking ryr off the shelves.....there must be some truth to that statement!!!
It has nothing to do with the liver issue. They are going after RYR because it contains lovastatin, which is also an FDA approved drug for lowering cholesterol (under the name Mevacor). The lovastatin in RYR is natural, whereas the lovastatin in Mevacor is synthetic, but it's still exactly the same chemical. That's why RYR works so well. Although RYR clearly meets eligibility as a dietary supplement under DSHEA, the FDA is claiming that as an FDA-approved drug, lovastatin cannot be found in dietary supplements.

I don't know about the FDA banning RYR completely, but they have really cracked down on suppliers of standardized RYR extracts that contain a stated minimum amount of lovastatin or "monacolins", the statin-like group of chemicals that includes lovastatin.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It has nothing to do with the liver issue. They are going after RYR because it contains lovastatin, which is also an FDA approved drug for lowering cholesterol (under the name Mevacor). The lovastatin in RYR is natural, whereas the lovastatin in Mevacor is synthetic, but it's still exactly the same chemical. That's why RYR works so well. Although RYR clearly meets eligibility as a dietary supplement under DSHEA, the FDA is claiming that as an FDA-approved drug, lovastatin cannot be found in dietary supplements.

I don't know about the FDA banning RYR completely, but they have really cracked down on suppliers of standardized RYR extracts that contain a stated minimum amount of lovastatin or "monacolins", the statin-like group of chemicals that includes lovastatin.
thanks for clearing that up...good post

Sparta2

Sparta2

Awards
thanks for clearing that up...good post

I'll 2nd that. This is a great thread btw. Anyone have blood work done after using Liver Longer? Just curious. Milk Thistle and NAC have always helped me. Cycle Support is what I'll be using next cycle. Great product and price.

AlphaAnabolic

AlphaAnabolic

Awards
ANOTHER bump for cycle support. I have taken this product extensively... it tastes delicious, and the BEST part, is what it does in your body after it pleases your taste buds! AWESOME work as always Crowler!

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
n acetyl-cysteine acts to augment glutathione reserves (depleted by toxic paracetamol metabolites) in the body and, together with glutathione to directly bind to toxic metabolites!!! These actions serve to protect hepatocytes in the liver from toxicity due to paracetamol overdose................Milk thistles are believed to have protective effects on the liver and to improve its function. They are typically used to treat liver cirrhosis, chronic hepatitis (liver inflammation), and gallbladder disorders.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
That is MORE good news.

Cycle Support also has n acetyl-cysteine :)

CROWLER

AlphaAnabolic

AlphaAnabolic

Awards
That is MORE good news.

Cycle Support also has n acetyl-cysteine :)

CROWLER
Oh yes my friend! The entire collection and complimentary assortment of compounds in CS is TRULY a unique and powerful thing of beauty!!!

The votes in this thread, and the COUNTLESS other satisfied and healthy athletes across the country are testiment of that!

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Cycle Support with additional SAMe is a great combo :)

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alpha-lipoic acid is also known for being an extremely powerful antioxidant with special molecular capabilities. The structure of the alpha-lipoic acid molecule differs from all other antioxidants, allowing it to penetrate and protect tissues that otherwise cannot benefit from antioxidants, such as the brain, liver and nerves......

Alpha-lipoic acid also does one other thing that no other antioxidant has done – it actually has the ability to recycle other antioxidants over and over again...:thumbsup:

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i do have to give thumbs way up:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: to cycle support....it really is a great product!!

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Have used Cycle Support for a long time with great success. Also will be including it in my upcoming cycle, with blood work done post cycle to put it to the real test.

deadikated

Awards
  • Established
ANOTHER bump for cycle support. I have taken this product extensively... it tastes delicious, and the BEST part, is what it does in your body after it pleases your taste buds! AWESOME work as always Crowler!
Okay, I don't know if I just got a bad batch or something, but "it tastes delicious?" I'm going to have to call bull**** on that statement. Mine tasted rancid. The only reason I kept choking it down was because it was the most convenient way to get in all my support supps.

Also on a side note, no "scoop" was included in my tub of cycle support.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
Cycle support would be my pick if it didn't have the blood pressure lowering agents in it.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
Umm...what?
some of use are sensitive to the celery seed extract and whatnot. That is why I don't use it. otherwise...

deadikated, it taste good considering whats in it. one of the things you can do is is let your shake (you should always take it in a protien shake if possible, with milk) sit for about ten in the fridge. this helps for some reason.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
without giving any company props......It's a known fact(even tho my doctor told me NOTHING!!!!!!! will help your liver,taking nothing is better..less stress on the liver is the key) the liver is able to repair itself...one one the few organs that can actually regenerate itself,(if you give it the time too!!!!)...i personally take this matter very serious,and would have to recomend the following(nothing listed above)...R-isomer alpha lipoic acid(designer supplements does make a great one) this is one of the most potent anti-oxidants to date..NAC,proven to prevent toxicity of the liver,due to overdose of things like toxic mushrooms,tylonol od(things like lortabs,)hospitals use this to detox patients..(my brother works in a trama unit er),milk thistle is a powerful antioxidant,and is proven by many studies to help the liver...just food for thought...hope this helps someone....
good post AX's Perfect cycle has all of those.
cycle support is okay i dont like that i have to take it with a shake all the time. I personally prefer pills i guess. taste is not good haha.

Anyone try synthergine or whatever its called? its a liver protector you can inject. Ill post a link if anyone wants it. just gotta go for a bit....Im probably going to try NOW's liver detox next and use it pre and post cycle as opposed to oncycle. Im doing my own research on what works best for me...

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
cycle support is okay i dont like that i have to take it with a shake all the time. I personally prefer pills i guess. taste is not good haha.
Whaaa...Crowler didnt tell you that he specifically made Life Support just for you for this specific reason? He must be slipping. :D

V00D00

V00D00

Awards
in terms of strength...
NAC < Milk Thistle < SAMe

look at the ingredients in the product in question. I wont even use most "liver cleaner" or detox type products as most are under dosed or simply not as effective as taking SAMe standalone.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
smokey the bear

smokey the bear

Awards
  • Established
AI cycle support for sure.. I cap it in "000" size caps so there is about 1200mg per....

I dont think that the small dose of idebenone is enough though, so i add coq10..

Throw in low dosed sam-e and your good to go:thumbsup:

Cerberus

Awards
Well, I think people don't use SAMe because it's some what expensive, but not bad. People prefer kitchen sink products that are cheap. I personally take SAMe + Liv 52. I've never taken an androgen in my life, but I'm planning on too.

Liv 52 is tried and true, and SAMe is the real deal. If I really cared, I would do:

2 capsules Liv 52
200mg SAMe
100mg R-ALA
500mg-1g NAC (higher dose if ON)
250-500mg Milk Thistle

I suppose I would look into AX's Perfect Cycle, but I like to modify my dosages of products. If I pay a little bit more, so be it. I find going the cheap route with supplements always costs you more.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
LOL and the winner is :D....take a wild guess :p

Much Love

Neoborn

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
Cycle Support plus 400mg Sam-e daily would be ideal IMO.

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
Cycle Support plus 400mg Sam-e daily would be ideal IMO.
that is what i typically run in addition to liver longer during a cycle.

there are also a few liver longer blood test people posted on the boards, results surprised the hell out of me :burg:

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
there are also a few liver longer blood test people posted on the boards, results surprised the hell out of me
Can't find them, could you link me to them? Im interested in this product, but never saw the bloodwork.

Bigtourist

Awards
the only liver support you should ever use is H-9 and H-12. Two chinese herbal formulas, which work wonders. Also never use anything with milk thistle in it as it leads negative side effects. I am a strength coach for Charles Poliquin and get it straight from him.

tilerbreaker

Awards
n acetyl-cysteine acts to augment glutathione reserves (depleted by toxic paracetamol metabolites) in the body and, together with glutathione to directly bind to toxic metabolites!!! These actions serve to protect hepatocytes in the liver from toxicity due to paracetamol overdose................Milk thistles are believed to have protective effects on the liver and to improve its function. They are typically used to treat liver cirrhosis, chronic hepatitis (liver inflammation), and gallbladder disorders.
The problem with this argument is that it isn't really known to what extent methylated steroids cause depletion of glutathione stores, and glutathione conjugation is a minor part of the metabolism of steroids at best. Yes, NAC is given clinically for acetaminophen (tylenol) overdose, but that doesn't necessarily translate to it being a good protectant for C17 steroids. Where NAC might be useful would be in a case where a particular C17 steroid causes some sort of depletion of glutathione stores and then on top of that there was some insult due to a drug (or herbal supp) that needed to be metabolized by this system. Depleted stores would be bad (i.e. your tylenol would be harsher on your liver) and NAC could help this.

The most common reported liver problems due to methylated steroids is cholestasis (backup of bile flow) caused by blockage of bile ducts (from inflammation or cellular damage). A very common medical treatment for this condition is UDCA...a modified version of this chemical is what is in Liver Longer (TUDCA).

Obviously from what I've written you can tell which one I voted for (no shill). My preference would be SAMe while on cycle and then NAC and TUDCA during PCT.

Hard Knox

Hard Knox

Awards
  • Established
good post AX's Perfect cycle has all of those.

Anyone try synthergine or whatever its called? its a liver protector you can inject. Ill post a link if anyone wants it. just gotta go for a bit....Im probably going to try NOW's liver detox next and use it pre and post cycle as opposed to oncycle. Im doing my own research on what works best for me...

I think NOW liver detox and regenerator is a good choice. The best thing is that it doesn't cost an "arm and a liver".