A Few Things that I have Noticed

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have been around this site in one way or another for 3 years now. I was a reader for about a year before I even registered since I was was so new to most of the information and felt as though I should take the time to learn about certain things by research.

Now, over the past 6 months or so, it seems like there are many, many threads asking for help about basic cycle information. I will admit that I am not an expert, but I know how to construct basic bulking and cutting cycles. It almost seems like some think that tried and true methods are too old to have relevance today, but I think more people should go back to the cycles of yesteryear.

Training and diet should be the main focus for a lifter, not what stack is best to get huge or shredded. I am not against steroids, but most people are not ready or have not researched them enough to start using them.

natiels

natiels

Board Supporter
Awards
I think this is absolutely true, but it is not because they don't want to try a tried and true method. It is because they want someone to spoon feed them all the info into their very own duplicate thread. Same reason that someone will very soon post "help me with my new <insert designer here> cycle." Even though a duplicate post exists half a dozen times in the first five pages of posts.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think this is absolutely true, but it is not because they don't want to try a tried and true method. It is because they want someone to spoon feed them all the info into their very own duplicate thread. Same reason that someone will very soon post "help me with my new <insert designer here> cycle." Even though a duplicate post exists half a dozen times in the first five pages of posts.
The designer orals are the reason that most novices steer away from Test E for a first cycle. Popping a pill 3 times a day is easier to conceal than a pack of syringes and a vial. I think that every first cycle should be Test and Test alone. There is no reason to stack two AAS for a first cycle.

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The designer orals are the reason that most novices steer away from Test E for a first cycle. Popping a pill 3 times a day is easier to conceal than a pack of syringes and a vial. I think that every first cycle should be Test and Test alone. There is no reason to stack two anabolic steroids for a first cycle.
I think it's just (designers) are so readily available. Yuo don't have to look around, there is no "what if my stash gets stopped" or getting to know someone at the gym, and risk.

You just go here, enter a creadit card number, and 3 days later, your good to go.
I remember when I jumped back into this generation I ended up buying like 3 different things before (and later added another) I had finished my first week!!
Started with M1-P,.. then found everything compared to SD,.. and ErgoMax LMG had a following then too.
..later, some prostanz just becasue (I didnt run EVERYTHING together at once).

Anyways,.. Every year this happens. Summer approaches, and every nebie and their friend begins posting, asking for help, duplicate threads...
and of course, they found this place casue they wanted to get huge for summer,.. so in less then a month they (and what I did too) found a place; AM, found the compounds and started taking them.
And like you know, it takes a while to put things together as far as what to do (you know this better AFTER you know a thing or two :p) ... hence, the "Help me quick" threads..

I get tired a many do with the same questions. I try to help thosde guys who are either about to run into a freakn wall, or who have obviously tried to do as much research beforehand, and seem to have their information mixed up.

I Remember,.. just wanting to know what you needed for PCt,.. and you hear 20 different names for an AI,.. only to find out later that their all AI's :p ... and everyone has their own little PCT rituals.

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
The designer orals are the reason that most novices steer away from Test E for a first cycle. Popping a pill 3 times a day is easier to conceal than a pack of syringes and a vial. I think that every first cycle should be Test and Test alone. There is no reason to stack two anabolic steroids for a first cycle.
my hero..

Minus83

Minus83

Awards
you hear 20 different names for an AI,.. only to find out later that their all AI's :p ... and everyone has their own little PCT rituals.
I think this is the main cause of all the questions and duplicate threads, there are just so many different PCT setups out there, each often containing 1-2 of the same products and sometimes 2-3 differing products.

i know it confused the hell out of me when i first joined here, but ive been reading (here and other places) and i honestly have a folder worth of posts that ive copied and pasted into text files to keep for reference.

i think it also has alot to do with different stuff coming out, and people not knowing how to run it, or if its a clone of something, or just hearing about this new product and then wanting to do a cycle (whether they need to or not) and not knowing anything.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
You know, I agree and disagree.

I was at a point where I was close to my genetic max...

I didn't have the ability to obtain Test from a trusted source. I wanted to bring myself past that plateau. I used Phera Plex and was very very satisfied.

This was my case. Most guys that are hopping on these designers are nowhere near where someone should be before they take any AAS. Legal and Illegal, alike.

Also, there is a lot of information being thrown around the board recently that isn't quite as trustworthy as it used to be.

So, rodja, I agree with you that things have changed, and changed more for the worse...but there are guys that do things the right way, and that is who I try and concern myself with...

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
I totally agree man. Great post!

The ONLY reason I didn't go that route and probably never will is because ever since I was a kid I have an unreal fear of needles, much less using them myself, I get nautious even thinking about it.

But yes you are totally right, test is even a lot safer IF DONE RIGHT than these orals.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I'm basically with PumpingIron here.

Test seems to be getting harder and harder to procure given all the new emphasis on busting steroid rings. I've never run across a source I would trust with keeping me out of prison...so orals and transdermals it is even though they are lacking compared to test.

Are there gazillions of newbies utilizing these easy to get pills? Yep, and there will only be more and more. We cannot stop or even slow that, but at the very least we can try to steer them towards safer methods of use and PCT.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You know, I agree and disagree.

I was at a point where I was close to my genetic max...

I didn't have the ability to obtain Test from a trusted source. I wanted to bring myself past that plateau. I used Phera Plex and was very very satisfied.

This was my case. Most guys that are hopping on these designers are nowhere near where someone should be before they take any anabolic steroids. Legal and Illegal, alike.

Also, there is a lot of information being thrown around the board recently that isn't quite as trustworthy as it used to be.

So, rodja, I agree with you that things have changed, and changed more for the worse...but there are guys that do things the right way, and that is who I try and concern myself with...
I have no problem with your situation. If you have trained your ass off for years and know how to construct a solid diet, cycle, and PCT, then by all means, go ahead.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
guys, finding sources for steroids is not hard at all.

it is also SO easy to make test prop or tren acetate from cattle implants that you yourself can become your own source.

its a matter of not wanting to spend the time or effort.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established

it is also SO easy to make test prop or tren acetate from cattle implants that you yourself can become your own source.

Finding a source may not be hard....finding a source you trust on many levels is...quality of the product and quality of the person(meaning you won't end up in front of a judge) is the problem nowadays....

Sure making things is another way to go. But you again run into legality problems, and quality problems.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Finding the faith to trust that source is though.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
no that really isnt quite so hard either.

talk to a friend, see who they use.

This board is not open source...this means that other boards are.

Many of these boards do a good job of listing only competent sources, and even have different levels of how tried and true they are attatched to their threads (new source, trial source, trusted source, featured source, on probation etc).

many of these boards even have forums where people can discuss any issues they might be having. or you could always PM a mod about the lab's history.

from there is as easy as placing a small order to test some of their things, and then placing larger orders later.

if a source on a board isnt trustworthy, chances are people are going to know about it. it all comes down to research.

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
no that really isnt quite so hard either.

talk to a friend, see who they use.

This board is not open source...this means that other boards are.

Many of these boards do a good job of listing only competent sources, and even have different levels of how tried and true they are attatched to their threads (new source, trial source, trusted source, featured source, on probation etc).

many of these boards even have forums where people can discuss any issues they might be having. or you could always PM a mod about the lab's history.

from there is as easy as placing a small order to test some of their things, and then placing larger orders later.

if a source on a board isnt trustworthy, chances are people are going to know about it. it all comes down to research.

sorry i have to spread around reps first but ill get ya

Dr_C2

Dr_C2

Awards
I am not against steroids, but most people are not ready or have not researched them enough to start using them.
Here, here! Could not agree more! I am glad to share my 20+ years of knowledge b/c I feel it is the socially responsible thing to do however an ounce of prevention, in this case education, is worth a pound of a cure

Dr_C

Minus83

Minus83

Awards
The ONLY reason I didn't go that route and probably never will is because ever since I was a kid I have an unreal fear of needles, much less using them myself, I get nautious even thinking about it.
hahaha, same here, i feel like a sissy for admitting this, but ive only had a handful of needles in my life and i dont plan on getting anymore unless i REALLY need them.

last time i had to get blood taken i got really light headed and puked in a bucket, then woke up with a wet towel on my head.

i blame the people giving me the needles though, ive had some go fine, and others are painful as hell, id just rather take a pill than bother sticking myself.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A little bumpage since this is happening more frequently.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
A little bumpage since this is happening more frequently.
It seems to be a seasonal thing. Right about when summertime starts. Hmmm, are you noticing a pattern?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree with this explicitly. I remember when I first started, doing research none stop for over a year before ever taking the plunge. I think it is all about the new generations being more consumption oriented. The idea of wanting it now, and not wanting to wait.

Adams

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
As jomi said, cattle implant conversions are the most reliable manner of ensuring quality product; sources for cattle implants are abound.

Further, Skye, both here and on his board, has described how its is aggregately cheaper to construct your own. While the first cycle is pricey, your supplies will last you for many cycles thereafter. Even if you are weary about injecting, you can create Test Base (with significant loss, however) from cattle implants and create a transdermal.

It is really about how willing you are to work for your product.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't see why steroids are so important. Around here it seems the question is "when" and not if your are going to use steroids. Everyone seems fine with it if you are at least 21. Personally I don't think a 21 year old is mature or responsible enough to use steroids and I also don't think it is a question of "when". There is just no need for steroids. The majority of people using them have a poor diet and poor training. In fact that is there main reason for using them. I'm not saying everyone is like that, but the majority are....

20- 28 year old males
"stuck" in their training
"stuck" at a certain weight on the scale
don't count calories or even know the percentages of protein/fat/carbs they are eating

have no idea or even care about the side effects of the steroid they are taking

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't see why steroids are so important. Around here it seems the question is "when" and not if your are going to use steroids. Everyone seems fine with it if you are at least 21. Personally I don't think a 21 year old is mature or responsible enough to use steroids and I also don't think it is a question of "when". There is just no need for steroids. The majority of people using them have a poor diet and poor training. In fact that is there main reason for using them. I'm not saying everyone is like that, but the majority are....

20- 28 year old males
"stuck" in their training
"stuck" at a certain weight on the scale
don't count calories or even know the percentages of protein/fat/carbs they are eating

have no idea or even care about the side effects of the steroid they are taking
Is your personal determination of when quantitative, or qualitative - that is, chronological-physiological, or intellectual-psychological?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Meant: is old enough a simple quantity for you i.e., 21 or 25, or in terms of mindset and knowledge.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In most cases the OP can quantify and qualify both by their opening post and or inquiry irrespective of chronology.

There is a very fine line between helping and enabling. Unfortunately the former and the later often go hand in hand with the anonymity that cyber space affords us all.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Meant: is old enough a simple quantity for you i.e., 21 or 25, or in terms of mindset and knowledge.

No, I was trying to say that the general thought, or should I say mis-conception on this board is that you can use steroids once you reach the age of 21 as long as your diet and training are "in check". To answer your question though I would say age combined with mindset and knowlege. Sure there can be an idiot that is a lot older than in his 20's. You brains decision making center though isn't fully developed until after the age of 25. So I don't think anyone should make a decision to use steroids until after that age because of that, and also because at a younger age you are more susceptible to problems caused by side effects of anabolics. Really though this is running off in another direction. My point was that people seem to think of "when" and not should I or shouldn't I decide to use steroids.