Sore area in armpit ??

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
I have a quick question..

I am 39 yrs old, and I lift about 3 time a week, I am in what I think is good health, I am 5ft 10" tall, and weigh 168lbs.

My question is this, Should I be concerned because I have a sore spot in my arm pit ? I noticed it about 3 days ago.. Not sure if I did anything to it, or strained it or what . I know that sometimes when people get lumps under there, it can be cancer, or so I think thats what I have heard .
Anyway, I am kinda worried, there is a lump under there, and it is kinda sore, Its not noticable until you rub it. Actually the other arm has one to, but it is not sore.
But, about 2 or 3 weeks ago, that arm pit was sore, and the other one was not.
Its not like it hurts, it is just sore a bit . I hope I am just being paranoid , but I thought I would ask..

Any feed back is welcome..

Thanks

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
Currently I am taking epistane.. 4 weeks in.. Getting ready to start PCT in a week..

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
i've had this happen to me every since i was about 22...seems like at least once a year i get a small bearing ball type lump under one armpit. It stays sore for about 2 wks then disappears....

This has been going on for about 10years now...

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
I would not describe it like it was that small, Its not really sticking out either, Its just slightly raised, Heck, it may be just part of my body, I know I have one on the other side, but it is not sore as of now.. Like I said, it was about 3 or 4 weeks ago.. And neither time was it really painful, its just sore.

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
Thats what I hope it is as well... Why do they swell ?

enzo1

Awards
i would expect that to be a lymph node. if it is painful normally that is good because usually cancer in the lymphatic system is usually painless until it starts to interfere with other parts of the body like a lymph node pressing on the trachea could cause shortness of breath/pain. if its soft and moves freely i would not expect that to be much. if it continues obviously go see a dr. the lymph node is draining something from that area in your body, maybe a small local infection like ingrown hair? i went to the dr for the same thing and he just said to keep an eye on it, it went away in a few weeks. i also remember him saying don't keep messing with it because it can take longer to decrease in size. from what I understand some lymph nodes can stay enlarged your whole life or for many years. if your worried about it go see your doctor.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have also had them come and go over the last many years. Mine feels as if it is about the size of a small marble. It is always on the right side and never amounts to anything.

Sweat glands, ducts, lymph node, or whatever it is, has never amounted to anything more than some discomfort for a short period of time before it passes.

I have had them on and off androgens.

FWIW.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I missed that one Dr. My apologies. I have been out of practice.

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
I guess I missed something all together...

Can someone please explain to me what I did wrong ?

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
Never mind, I think I figured out what I did wrong...
Just read the sticky.. Sorry if I crossed a line that I shuld not have..

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Discussing your steroid use in the Anti-Aging forum. I should have known better and caught it myself. But, I'm not myself these days.

Stinger124

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I read the sticky after it got moved...

Sorry

But it was a honest mistake, will not happen again.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not to be a pesimist, but my cousin went to the doctor b/c he had a similar type situation to what you're describing. It turned out that he had lymphoma...I know other guys are saying that it's likely not cancer, but I wouldn't want to chance it. Do yourself a favor and go get a check up. It definitely couldn't hurt anything.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I had a lump under my left arm Went to the Dr and it turned out to be the Lymph node went bad.Of all things Cat scratch fever, I thought it was a Ted Nugent song but it's a real sickness. It usually zaps one of your lymph nodes and most people never know they have had it. So 15 minutes of surgery and 15K later I have a cool scar in my armpit and one less set of lymph nodes. I would get it checked out regardless. Better safe than sorry.

tattoopierced1

could be a boil of some sort... i too get random lumps at times but they end up going away. they are never more than the size of a marble and most of the time just stay in the area on my back.

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
i would expect that to be a lymph node. if it is painful normally that is good because usually cancer in the lymphatic system is usually painless until it starts to interfere with other parts of the body like a lymph node pressing on the trachea could cause shortness of breath/pain. if its soft and moves freely i would not expect that to be much. if it continues obviously go see a dr. the lymph node is draining something from that area in your body, maybe a small local infection like ingrown hair? i went to the dr for the same thing and he just said to keep an eye on it, it went away in a few weeks. i also remember him saying don't keep messing with it because it can take longer to decrease in size. from what I understand some lymph nodes can stay enlarged your whole life or for many years. if your worried about it go see your doctor.

sorry for the hijack but this got me kind of worried i have to small marbel like things on my liver area, there are a few inches a part and 2 months a go i didnt had them or the love handles were hidding them they dont hurt actually they got kind of small i been thinking they are fat absses. sorry for the hijack once again.

to the original poster of this thread good luck best wishes

natiels

natiels

Board Supporter
Awards
I have had the very same thing a couple of times. I always guessed it was just a swollen lymph node too. Hurt for a few days then went away. I read a bit on the net and they(the internet people:)) said if it was swollen but no pain then there is more need to be concerned but if it hurts then it is likely just an infection that will clear up soon.