Problem transfering from a 50ml vial

gators52

gators52

Awards
  • Established
So I just got some 25CC syringes and I was trying to transfer 20 CC's of Test from a 50ML Vial into into another sterile vial and I could only seem to get 5CC's out at a time. I know i'm doing something wrong here.

I wasn't sure how much air to inject into the vial to draw up 20CC's so I injected about 10CC's of air but could only get 5CC's of solution into the syringe.

I would love some help as to how much air I should be injecting into the vial to draw up the desired amount of Test, I dont think you can even inject 20CC's of air in there, it was hard just to inject 10CC's.

aspire210

aspire210

Awards
  • Established
So I just got some 25CC syringes and I was trying to transfer 20 CC's of Test from a 50ML Vial into into another sterile vial and I could only seem to get 5CC's out at a time. I know i'm doing something wrong here.

I wasn't sure how much air to inject into the vial to draw up 20CC's so I injected about 10CC's of air but could only get 5CC's of solution into the syringe.

I would love some help as to how much air I should be injecting into the vial to draw up the desired amount of Test, I dont think you can even inject 20CC's of air in there, it was hard just to inject 10CC's.
Inject an equal amount of air for what you are removing or slightly more. Don't try to do it all at once, thats a waste of time. Doing it slower will result in much easier injecting of air and pulling out of oil. if you can draw 5cc, then draw 5cc 4 times.