Alcohol vs Oral Steroids - AnabolicMinds.com

Alcohol vs Oral Steroids

1. New Member

Alcohol vs Oral Steroids

Which of the two would you say is hardest on your body, and specifically worst for your liver. When I am talking about consumption of alcohol I am talking 10+ beers or half a fifth+ during the course of a night vs roughly 30mg of an oral steroid (pheraplex, superdrol, halodrol, etc).

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

On the liver itself I would have to say the alcohol. Binge drinking is a serious health risk.
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  176 lbs.

funny how the same questions keep reappearing in new threads.

here is a few to start with:

methylated steroids vs alcohol

Gear/Alcohol...

Anabolics/Alcohol... ?

Stacking Methylated Orals Is It Really Worse? A Theoretical Question

if you want to learn more -
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Totally AAS dependent, but in general alcohol is known to be pretty bad and Jayhawkk is probably right.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Wow..I typed "A A S" and the board automatically converted it to "anabolic steroids". Very nifty.
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Type in your bank account number and it converts it to asterisks

See? Now you try it :P
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Wow.
  8. New Member

interesting.....so what is all the nonsense about how TERRIBLE orals are for your liver?? many people drink huge amounts of alcohol on a very regular basis and dont seem to have liver problems (unless it goes on for years at a time - and nobody is going to take orals for years at a time)
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

They're definitely not good for your liver. Maybe exaggerated, but they're not good for your liver.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.

Moderation friends moderation.
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

We're talking over a short time and liver related health issues. We're also talking about a average dose of a oral steroid vs. a rediculous amount of alcohol.

As a living example I can attest to the toxicity of Oral steroids when dosed without reguard and respect for the drug as well as my body. A year with several cycles and not so great doses did a lot of damage.

In short the lesson here is treat your body well and respect the possible damage you could do to yourself by ingesting anything. Alcohol, drugs, food...Just because one isn't as easy to kill yourself as another doesn't make the lesser of the two 'safe' by all accounts.
  12. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00 View Post
    They're definitely not good for your liver. Maybe exaggerated, but they're not good for your liver.
    oh i am in no way trying to argue they dont harm the liver, but i do agree, that maybe the the effects have been grossly over exaggerated...
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by getjacked63 View Post
    oh i am in no way trying to argue they dont harm the liver, but i do agree, that maybe the the effects have been grossly over exaggerated...
    Oh, I know...I was just continuing where you left off
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

To some extent they are but if that's what it takes for people to read up a little more before taking the next 'new' thing then so be it, as far as i'm concerned.
  15. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    We're talking over a short time and liver related health issues. We're also talking about a average dose of a oral steroid vs. a rediculous amount of alcohol.

As a living example I can attest to the toxicity of Oral steroids when dosed without reguard and respect for the drug as well as my body. A year with several cycles and not so great doses did a lot of damage.

In short the lesson here is treat your body well and respect the possible damage you could do to yourself by ingesting anything. Alcohol, drugs, food...Just because one isn't as easy to kill yourself as another doesn't make the lesser of the two 'safe' by all accounts.

so pretty much, if you run two (maybe three) average dosed cycles per year and take the proper support supps there is almost nothing to worry about as far as long term effects go?
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Long term? Hard to say on the new designer steroids because they haven't been out there and used by enough people. I may find out I took 20 years off my life from my M1T days but I may not find out for another 15 years.

A couple cycles of a proven Oral with proper PCT along with no other health issues (known or otherwise) and not increasing injury by consuming other products. I'd say your chance of coming out injury free both short and long term is pretty good.
  17. New Member

Long term? Hard to say on the new designer steroids because they haven't been out there and used by enough people. I may find out I took 20 years off my life from my M1T days but I may not find out for another 15 years.

A couple cycles of a proven Oral with proper post cycle therapy along with no other health issues (known or otherwise) and not increasing injury by consuming other products. I'd say your chance of coming out injury free both short and long term is pretty good.
    proven oral?? such as?? winny, dbol, etc?
  18. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Right.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.

A couple cycles of a proven Oral with proper post cycle therapy along with no other health issues (known or otherwise) and not increasing injury by consuming other products. I'd say your chance of coming out injury free both short and long term is pretty good.
    aye after a few M1T cycles i project my chances of spontaneous cardiac combustion have increased sevenfold.
  20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Also you should know that a lot of issues associated with abuse and misuse of these orals go undiagnosed because a lot of people don't have insurance or if they do they won't risk telling their doctors they were using steroids. Gradual things like depression, fatigue, low blood sugar, circulatory issues will make you just miserable enough that it sucks on a daily basis but not enough to get anything done about it.

You have to take that into account as well when deciding risks and rewards and long term "damage"
  21. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

SWG, I can honestly say that while some sides may be exaggerated. M1T isn't one of them. If anything I think saying how bad it is is such an understatement that people actually think we're joking when we tell people how bad it was/is.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.

Also you should know that a lot of issues associated with abuse and misuse of these orals go undiagnosed because a lot of people don't have insurance or if they do they won't risk telling their doctors they were using steroids. Gradual things like depression, fatigue, low blood sugar, circulatory issues will make you just miserable enough that it sucks on a daily basis but not enough to get anything done about it.

You have to take that into account as well when deciding risks and rewards and long term "damage"
    This is why i roam the board offering support and detering compulsive Ph use, I guess we all have some sort of dysmorphia to take things to such an extreme. Risk vs reward is something to consider for everyone, how is someone with no knowledge of a compound, its effects and long/short term damage supposed to weigh out positives vs negatives when you know nothing of either. We validate our behaviour by our numbers and jump on the next big thing before we even have a clue. Im speaking out my azz a bit but you see it everyday and im sure if i saw myself at 19 i would be shaking my head now.
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.

SWG, I can honestly say that while some sides may be exaggerated. M1T isn't one of them. If anything I think saying how bad it is is such an understatement that people actually think we're joking when we tell people how bad it was/is.
    Well all you can do is tell people I raged, my nose bled, my prostate swole, my BP soared and my liver cried...... and i never saw a doctor........ WTF! No joke kids, this stuff is poison.
    Last edited by somewhatgifted; 04-07-2007 at 03:11 PM.
  24. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  275 lbs.

are we talking JUST oral steroids vs Alcohol, or oral steroids with supps to help the liver and other organs vs Alcohol?

because i would have to go with alcohol.

maybe alcoholics should look into "cycling" alcoholic beverages, and using some supps to help their liver while "on".

its an interesting comparison, but ive known people who have been drinking fairly heavily for years and never complain about any "sides", but ive also heard from people taking orals and being ****ed up after a couple of weeks.
  25. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minus83 View Post
    are we talking JUST oral steroids vs Alcohol, or oral steroids with supps to help the liver and other organs vs Alcohol?

because i would have to go with alcohol.

maybe alcoholics should look into "cycling" alcoholic beverages, and using some supps to help their liver while "on".

its an interesting comparison, but ive known people who have been drinking fairly heavily for years and never complain about any "sides", but ive also heard from people taking orals and being ****ed up after a couple of weeks.

good post, ha i was talkin about oral steroids w/ support supps vs alcohol.
  26. Banned

i ran my share of high dose m1t cycles, and have run other orals as well.

nothing compares to m1t that i have taken. miberolone and methyl tren are probably the only legitamate competition.

Talk about feeling like absolute ass. it was such a relief to come off cycle.

Such an incredible steroid mass and strengthwise, however.

I have no idea how this drug even made it onto shelves, and how people didnt literally die from taking it.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Oral steroids vs. Oral PH's
    By AsylumLifter in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-16-2012, 12:06 PM
  2. Alcohol vs. oral steroids
    By chewball in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-22-2007, 10:40 AM
  3. Old School Orals vs. Designer Steroids (New School)
    By CEDeoudes59 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 04-08-2007, 01:40 AM
  4. oral steroid
    By steroid in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-16-2003, 11:38 AM
  5. whats the % difference of trans vs oral
    By wildwiley35 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-17-2003, 06:53 PM