Cortisol and Steriods

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
I have what may be a pretty stupid question. When you are on steriods, is it possible to still have high cortisol? I am going through a stressful time with a family member right now, and am going to do a methylated popular hormone, but was wondering if something like Lean Xtreme would be helpful for my belly. I have lost about 20 lbs in the last 6 weeks and really need to harden up my stomach.

Also, would anyone recommend a T2, T3, T4 or other Thyroid hormone that has the reputation for least sides. Thanks--

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
I think it depends on the steroid you are using. I'm pretty sure some (Dianabol and Deca come to mind) can suppress cortisol.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Interesting, I have some dbol laying around. But I have a different methyl coming.... I really dont want that kind of stress on my body.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
what are you planning on running? (I probably can't help, but perhaps someone who knows a little more about steroids can).

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
I will be running a havoc/ epi hormone after I am done with my PCT. Looking to also incorperate a strong fat burner/ thyroid hormone for advanced fat loss. I am having a stressful time with one of my parents and a medical condition. I think I may also just run with higher cortisol normally too. I remember Lean Xtreme really helping me in the past. Curious if with steriods is a good idea or not. :think:

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Motiv8er,

It is definately possible to be running various gear and still have a highly elevated Cortisol. As a matter of fact it is actually very common. The reason for this is that many anabolics (like Dianabol, etc.) exert their anti-catabolic effect by blocking cortisol receptors. The body senses this decrease in catabolic activity over time and attempts to return to homeostasis by producing more cortisol. This is part of the reason why if post cycle therapy is not followed properly often times so much lean tissue is lost with an accumulation of abdominal/visceral fat. An anti-cortisol agent like Lean Extreme is a good idea as well as possibly the new Retain 2.

Also IBE is coming out with there new product (hopefully really soon) called X-Lean. It is an anti-cortisol but not sure yet if it works through cortisol blocking or decreasing cortisol production. I am on the tester list and can't wait to get it rolling.

Hang in there with the stress.

Mr.50

I will be running a havoc/ epi hormone after I am done with my post cycle therapy. Looking to also incorperate a strong fat burner/ thyroid hormone for advanced fat loss. I am having a stressful time with one of my parents and a medical condition. I think I may also just run with higher cortisol normally too. I remember Lean Xtreme really helping me in the past. Curious if with steriods is a good idea or not. :think:

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Motiv8er,

It is definately possible to be running various gear and still have a highly elevated Cortisol. As a matter of fact it is actually very common. The reason for this is that many anabolics (like Dianabol, etc.) exert their anti-catabolic effect by blocking cortisol receptors. The body senses this decrease in catabolic activity over time and attempts to return to homeostasis by producing more cortisol. This is part of the reason why if post cycle therapy is not followed properly often times so much lean tissue is lost with an accumulation of abdominal/visceral fat. An anti-cortisol agent like Lean Extreme is a good idea as well as possibly the new Retain 2.

Also IBE is coming out with there new product (hopefully really soon) called X-Lean. It is an anti-cortisol but not sure yet if it works through cortisol blocking or decreasing cortisol production. I am on the tester list and can't wait to get it rolling.

Hang in there with the stress.

Mr.50
Thanks for the good info, and thanks 50.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Also, would anyone recommend a T2, T3, T4 or other Thyroid hormone that has the reputation for least sides. Thanks--
T4 has been great for me @ 100mcg/d. T3 sucks in comparison, at any dose.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
T4 has been great for me @ 100mcg/d. T3 sucks in comparison, at any dose.
What are you taking with that? Anything anabolic? Thanks man!