No more Glutes injec.. =[

tek

Awards
i use to have my GF inject my test in my glutes for me. since weve splitted. i found out its kinda hard turning to inject in the glutes. i tried it, and didt like how i kept moving. i bleed like a mofo =x + it takes along time to push through a 25G. guess imma stay with the Delts/chest. anyone have tips on shoting the glutes ?? layin down ?? :aargh:

V00D00

V00D00

Awards
i use to have my GF inject my test in my glutes for me. since weve splitted. i found out its kinda hard turning to inject in the glutes. i tried it, and didt like how i kept moving. i bleed like a mofo =x + it takes along time to push through a 25G. guess imma stay with the Delts/chest. anyone have tips on shoting the glutes ?? layin down ?? :aargh:
im trying so hard not to make cracks about getting one of your buddies to inject something into your ass..... ;)

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ouch, you stand up during glute injects?

if sit down in the chair you can still get to the upper-outter glute quadrant, which is what you are supposed to stick with as a rule of thumb.

this is also a little easier lying down on your side, but takes some getting used to.

tek

Awards
ouch, you stand up during glute injects?

if sit down in the chair you can still get to the upper-outter glute quadrant, which is what you are supposed to stick with as a rule of thumb.

this is also a little easier lying down on your side, but takes some getting used to.
i only inject in the outer glutes. i may try layin down.and seen how that goes. just hate how i get kinda shaky an that needle moving around too much :fool2:

tek

Awards
im trying so hard not to make cracks about getting one of your buddies to inject something into your ass..... ;)

hahah, i did have a buddy of mine help me out. cant be there all the time =[ mannn that kinda sounds geh hah

sean taylor

sean taylor

West Coast Highland Athlete
Awards
  • Established
forget glutes and do lat shots...alot easier and I think it recovers better..
Check the usual internet spot and they have a pic...just remember to go straight in...easy breezy

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
forget glutes and do lat shots...alot easier and I think it recovers better..
Check the usual internet spot and they have a pic...just remember to go straight in...easy breezy
wow ive never pinned my lat before. maybe ill try that tonight

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
lay down on your side/stomach on the bed. You need to stretch more if you are not flexible. You can prop your pinning elbow up with a few pillows.

Or you can try lying on a couch, using the back cushion to hold your elbow up. This works well for VENTROGLUTES.. which you should be doing regardless. Easier than lats, and holds a lot of volume. Do a search and you will learn all about the fabled Ventroglute site. My favorite bar none.

sean taylor

sean taylor

West Coast Highland Athlete
Awards
  • Established
I found lat shots to be among the least annoying muscle groups to pin. The first time I pinned it though, I found out first hand just how often the lats are used in everyday movements.
I found I could "work out" the soreness in my lats alot faster though...and the second time was better. I love lat shots :)

I think I will try the ventro next time also...looks easy to hit.

tek

Awards
I found I could "work out" the soreness in my lats alot faster though...and the second time was better. I love lat shots :)

I think I will try the ventro next time also...looks easy to hit.
anyone got pics on this muscle ? my mine is blank

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
This is the way you can find it by yourself: (nurses do this, but they point their hands upwards and use the trochanter as a landmark, but disregard that)

Place your hand on your hip just below the lovehandle area and point your fingertips towards the floor. Spread your index and middle finger... the triangle inbetween is the Ventrogluteal site that you can pin. If you poke there, you will feel dense muscle that you would otherwise think was your hip.

Basically it looks like you are pinning your hip.

here is the site in PDF format.. print it out.

http://www.nursingandmidwifery.soton.ac.uk/practice/LessonPlans/year2/VentroglutealSite.pdf

you can thank me later. ;)

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
i always stood but im gonna try sitting this week

23g 1.5 for glutes as stated earlier

glad to have you back ubi

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I use 22g 1" or 1.5", don't have the patience for 25g - that's when you have problems with shaking or the needle moving - just takes too damn long. My wife is too squeamish to help, unfortunately. I started out using quads, but got tired of hitting nerves or veins. I do ventrogluteal or even glut standing. Gotta be flexible and quick, of course make sure to aspirate. I'll have to try it laying down, sounds like less of a chance of getting a cramp, which always sucks!

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Ventro for the win!

tek

Awards
This is the way you can find it by yourself: (nurses do this, but they point their hands upwards and use the trochanter as a landmark, but disregard that)

Place your hand on your hip just below the lovehandle area and point your fingertips towards the floor. Spread your index and middle finger... the triangle inbetween is the Ventrogluteal site that you can pin. If you poke there, you will feel dense muscle that you would otherwise think was your hip.

Basically it looks like you are pinning your hip.

here is the site in PDF format.. print it out.

http://www.nursingandmidwifery.soton.ac.uk/practice/LessonPlans/year2/VentroglutealSite.pdf

you can thank me later. ;)
thanks bro =]. i tried the glutes. and it just aint gonna work. im too dammm shaky. i just went .5 in each pec for now. did delts on monday. aint so bad =] but imma give that a try =]

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
so it is more towards ur quads...in front of ur femur?

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
so it is more towards ur quads...in front of ur femur?
slightly in front I guess... but that will fool you if you think that way... basically it is the area on your hip, seemingly along the "center meridian" of your body if viewed from the side. If you laid on your side, it is the area on your hip that makes a depression if you relaxed your legs. If you landmark it the way I suggested, you will feel a dense muscle below your hip protrusion and above your femur's greater trochanter. Figure 2 on the 3rd page of the pdf file shows it exactly.

Once you find it, you'll know. It's harder to describe than actually find. ;) Your first time will be scary, but the following ones will be a breeze.

gators52

gators52

Awards
  • Established
I wish I would have baught 23 guage needle, it takes way too long with a 25g. Does the time it takes to inject depend on the muscle your injecting too or are they about the same? For me it seemed to go in faster in my quad that it does in my glutes.

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
slightly in front I guess... but that will fool you if you think that way... basically it is the area on your hip, seemingly along the "center meridian" of your body if viewed from the side. If you laid on your side, it is the area on your hip that makes a depression if you relaxed your legs. If you landmark it the way I suggested, you will feel a dense muscle below your hip protrusion and above your femur's greater trochanter. Figure 2 on the 3rd page of the pdf file shows it exactly.

Once you find it, you'll know. It's harder to describe than actually find. ;) Your first time will be scary, but the following ones will be a breeze.
alright i'll give it a try this week..thanks