Havoc living up to expectations

grantr

Banned
Awards
I started Havoc last sunday at 30 mgs, did chest monday and maxed at 245..did chest again thursday and got it up four times, the first 3 coming oh so easy...Also, because of increase in recovering, and as long as i'm not sore, should/can I do such an intense workout? back/bis, shoulders, chest/tris and then all over again without any days rest? Would this maximize the amount of gains and strength increases?

Fireproof

Fireproof

Awards
I started Havoc last sunday at 30 mgs, did chest monday and maxed at 245..did chest again thursday and got it up four times, the first 3 coming oh so easy...Also, because of increase in recovering, and as long as i'm not sore, should/can I do such an intense workout? back/bis, shoulders, chest/tris and then all over again without any days rest? Would this maximize the amount of gains and strength increases?
Let's leave your sex life out of it.
:toofunny:

Fireproof

Fireproof

Awards
Oh, and to answer your question - your muscles recover a lot more quickly than tendons/joints, CNS, etc. You definitely need some off days in your split - your joints will thank you!!

Fireproof

Fireproof

Awards
No problem. Good to hear Havoc is treating you well. Good luck with your cycle!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh, and to answer your question - your muscles recover a lot more quickly than tendons/joints, CNS, etc. You definitely need some off days in your split - your joints will thank you!!
Very much agreed. Might wanna look into adding some Cissus to the mix if your strength starts going up that fast.

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
Very much agreed. Might wanna look into adding some Cissus to the mix if your strength starts going up that fast.
yeah man, x2 on that advice, cissus is a staple of mine, esp while on cycle, also be drinking a lot of water

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
The strength gains are just scarey and for that reason I would definitely take days off, avoid overlapping muscle groups, and take Cissus.

I've maxed out and set PR's in the first week on this compound..but I can definitely tell it's taking a toll on my joints even with lots of time off between WO's. I'm trying to be cautious.

grantr

Banned
Awards
First couple days I was very achey, and did not even want to be at the gym..that has worn away for the time being..i'm going to start taking glucosamine and i'm gonna go pick up some cissus...thanks for the advice guys

gymrat5713

gymrat5713

Awards
First couple days I was very achey, and did not even want to be at the gym..that has worn away for the time being..i'm going to start taking glucosamine and i'm gonna go pick up some cissus...thanks for the advice guys
Can't beat the satisfaction that good ol' cissus gives you

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
The strength gains are just scarey and for that reason I would definitely take days off, avoid overlapping muscle groups, and take Cissus.

I've maxed out and set PR's in the first week on this compound..but I can definitely tell it's taking a toll on my joints even with lots of time off between WO's. I'm trying to be cautious.
Can you let yourself get by with just 3 lifting days per week on this compound?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Well, I'm almost 35 and have always been kinda low recovery so I often do only 2-3 lifting days per week and alternate my heavy days so they're spaced a good 7-10 apart.

On cycle, depending on the compound, I can usually boost up the frequency and intensity and see decent gains but I do so cautiously because I hate, hate, HATE having muscle groups get overly taught because then it's just plain uncomfortable, leads to headaches and some pretty severe muscle adhesions. This happens even with deep stretching and chiropracty.

So, after lifting for almost 15 years...I take it a little more easy than I used to. I'm also not a mass freak and am happy riding at about 190-195.

Fireproof

Fireproof

Awards
I have had good results from Cissus, so good advice up there. Additionally, I've become a believer in glucosamine for preventive maintenance and joint health in generally - especially as I get older.

It has cured tennis elbow and some weird wrist problem for me in the past.