Gynecomastia, your days are numbered.

darius

Many people have posted that their gynecomastia has decreased due to using the product Epistane/Havoc.

On Epistane.com: "Epistane™ works by binding and deactivating the ERβ so that no estrodiol-elicited effects can be carried out in the cell. In the case of breast tissue ERβ is the primary target receptor responsible for growth and proliferation. Epistane™ binds to the ERβ and not only disables the receptor from binding to estradiol, it actually puts the cell in an estrogen deprived state, which decreases the cells viability and leads to a decrease in size and eventual cell death."

Notice the part I selected in bold, the claim that ERβ is the primary target receptor responsible for growth and proliferation. After I did some googling, I found some studies that disagreed.

"Estrogen Receptor alpha, beta and Progesteron Receptor Expression in Gynecomastia Using Immunohistochemical Staining.

Department of Surgery, Uijongbu St. Mary's Hospital, The Catholic University of Korea, Uijongbu, Korea.
Department of Clinical Pathology, Uijongbu St. Mary's Hospital, The Catholic University of Korea, Uijongbu, Korea.

PURPOSE: Gynecomastia is a common male breast abnormality and primarily occurs in puberty and senescence. The obvious etiological role of hormonal changes in gynecomastia, plus the discovery of estrogen receptor in normal and neoplastic breast, has spurred several investigations of ER content in male gynecomastic tissues. The results have been inconsistent and the fraction of ER-positive specimens has varied from 0~90%. METHODS: Immunohistochemical hormonal receptor analysis using monoclonal estrogen receptor (ER) alpha, beta and progesteron receptor (PR) was performed on the breast tissues of 58 patients with gynecomastia between January 1995 and January 2000 in the Department of Surgery, Uijongbu St. Mary's Hospital. These results were statistically compared with clinical data. RESULTS: 48 cases (82.8%) were ERalpha positive and 55 cases (94.8%) were ERbeta positive and PR positivity was noted in 55 cases (94.8%). There was negative relationship between ERalpha and age, PR and location. CONCLUSION: This study demonstrates that intracellular steroid receptors are present in most gynecomastic tissues. Additionally, it supports the general assumption that estrogen and progesteron may be two of the hormones responsible for the development of gynecomastia."

This study shows that ERα and ERβ receptors are found in gynecomastic tissue, not just ERβ. Could this be why not everyone is seeing the gynecomastia reduction that others are seeing? Epistane/Havoc do a great job at blocking the ERβ, while the ERα is left unblocked. While the ERβ is blocked, perhaps Estradiol starts attaching to the ERα, keeping the gynecomastia alive. Even worse, continued use of a product blocking only ERβ, may cause the creation of more ERα sites, because Estradiol attaches to both. Don't get me wrong here, I am on Epistane right now and am enjoying it. I am just trying to figure out a better treatment for reducing and possibly eliminating gynecomastia for myself and others alike. Perhaps those who see the gynecomastic tissue reduction while using Epistane/Havoc have a higher density of ERβ instead of ERα. Perhaps those old studies we read about how Tamoxifen cured the gynecomastia in only a fraction of test subjects happend to have a higher density of ERα. In those same old studies, Tamoxifen caused partial regression in some of the test subejects. Maybe Tamoxifen did get rid of all the ERα rich tissue, while the ERβ tissue remained healthy, still functioning off of Estradiol. I'm not certain though of course. This is all just a somewhat educated guess.

Because we are not going to use Immunohistochemical hormonal receptor analysis to figure out the density of which type of estrogen receptor that we have in our breast tissue, why not use two medications, one that blocks ERα and Epistane/Havoc to effectively block ERβ?

I did somemore googling and found that Raloxifene binds preferentially to the ERα. (see study at the very bottom also wikipedia says this under the search term "estrogen receptor")

Estradiol binds to both the ERα and ERβ.

Using Raloxifene and Epistane or Havoc would block both types of estrogen receptors, the ERα and ERβ.

With both estrogen receptors blocked, I think the chances of defeating gynecomastia would be far greater.

I also came across this article below, that talks about Testosterone's role in mammary tissue. Now think about this. Being on Epistane/Havoc is going to cause eventual shutdown. Wouldn't it be wise to use Testosterone along with both the ERα and ERβ blockers, Raloxifen and Epistane/Havoc respectively? It makes sense to me. And also another note about the study below, it says that Progesterone did not alter Estradiol's effect of creating gynecomastia, well in monkeys at least.

"Testosterone inhibits estrogen-induced mammary epithelial proliferation and suppresses estrogen receptor expression
JIAN ZHOU, SIU NG, O. ADESANYA-FAMUIYA, KRISTIN ANDERSON and CAROLYN A. BONDY1

This study investigated the effect of sex steroids and tamoxifen on primate mammary epithelial proliferation and steroid receptor gene expression. Ovariectomized rhesus monkeys were treated with placebo, 17ß estradiol (E2) alone or in combination with progesterone (E2/P) or testosterone (E2/T), or tamoxifen for 3 days. E2 alone increased mammary epithelial proliferation by ~sixfold (P<0.0001) and increased mammary epithelial estrogen receptor (ER{alpha}) mRNA expression by ~50% (P<0.0001; ERß mRNA was not detected in the primate mammary gland). Progesterone did not alter E2’s proliferative effects, but testosterone reduced E2-induced proliferation by ~40% (P<0.002) and entirely abolished E2-induced augmentation of ER{alpha} expression. Tamoxifen had a significant agonist effect in the ovariectomized monkey, producing a ~threefold increase in mammary epithelial proliferation (P<0.01), but tamoxifen also reduced ER{alpha} expression below placebo level. Androgen receptor (AR) mRNA was detected in mammary epithelium by in situ hybridization. AR mRNA levels were not altered by E2 alone but were significantly reduced by E2/T and tamoxifen treatment. Because combined E2/T and tamoxifen had similar effects on mammary epithelium, we investigated the regulation of known sex steroid-responsive mRNAs in the primate mammary epithelium. E2 alone had no effect on apolipoprotein D (ApoD) or IGF binding protein 5 (IGFBP5) expression, but E2/T and tamoxifen treatment groups both demonstrated identical alterations in these mRNAs (ApoD was decreased and IGFBP5 was increased). These observations showing androgen-induced down-regulation of mammary epithelial proliferation and ER expression suggest that combined estrogen/androgen hormone replacement therapy might reduce the risk of breast cancer associated with estrogen replacement. In addition, these novel findings on tamoxifen’s androgen-like effects on primate mammary epithelial sex steroid receptor expression suggest that tamoxifen’s protective action on mammary gland may involve androgenic effects.—Zhou, J., Ng, S., Adesanya-Famuiya, O., Anderson, K., Bondy, C. A. Testosterone inhibits estrogen-induced mammary epithelial proliferation and suppresses estrogen receptor expression."

--------------------------------------------------------------

I am on Epistane right now, 40mg a day. I have pubertal gynecomastia. There may be some reduction, as I have been on Epistane for about 10 days now, but nothing spectacular. I injected 100mg of Testosterone Prop. today and will continue every other day at the same dose. It is a low dose of Testosterone, but still high enough for this purpose. I am also going to use Raloxifene for the rest of the cycle. I will keep everyone updated with my results.

------------------------------------------------------
To develop compounds that are antagonists on ER(alpha), but not ER(beta), we have added basic side-chains typically found in nonsteroidal antiestrogens to pyrazole compounds that bind with much higher affinity to ER(alpha) than to ER(beta). In this way we have developed basic side-chain pyrazoles (BSC-pyrazoles) that are high affinity, potent, selective antagonists on ER(alpha). These BSC-pyrazoles are themselves inactive on ER(alpha) and ER(beta), and they antagonize E2 stimulation by ER(alpha) only. We investigated seven basic side-chain substituents on various alkyl-triaryl-substituted pyrazoles, and the most ER(alpha)-selective compound was methyl-piperidino-pyrazole (MPP). ER(alpha)-selective antagonism was observed on diverse reporter-promoter gene constructs containing estrogen response elements that are consensus, nonconsensus (pS2), or comprised of multiple half-estrogen response elements (NHERF/EBP50) and on genes in which ER works indirectly by tethering to other DNA-bound proteins (TGF(beta)3). In contrast to these BSC-pyrazoles, the antiestrogens trans-hydroxytamoxifen, raloxifene, and ICI 182,780 suppress E2 activity via both ER(alpha) and ER(beta). The most effective BSC-pyrazole, MPP, fully antagonized E2 stimulation of pS2 mRNA in MCF-7 breast cancer cells, consistent with the fact that these cells contain almost exclusively ER(alpha). These compounds should be useful in studying the biological functions of ER(alpha) and ER(beta) and in selectively blocking responses that are mediated through ER(alpha).

darius

Mammary Gland Cell Death Also Involves Lysosomal Autophagy
Reginald Halaby
Department of Biology & Molecular Biology Montclair State University Upper Montclair, NJ 07043

ABSTRACT:

The mammary gland undergoes apoptosis when estrogen ablation occurs, either naturally or enforced. The gland is known to execute the apoptotic process post weaning. Although the involuting mammary gland displays the characteristic biochemical features of apoptosis, including DNA fragmentation, chromatin condensation, and the formation of apoptotic bodies, it also shows evidence of an autophagic death. In this report, apoptosis of the gland was induced by removing the pups from their nursing mothers. In particular, we show that lysosomes increased in size and number, and moved from basal to apical regions in dying rat mammary gland cells. Lysosomal enzyme activities were significantly greater in degenerating mammary gland (day 4 post weaning) epithelial cells when compared with day 0 gland cells. Moreover, these hydrolases were responsible for degrading cytosolic and nuclear components, and thus the whole cell. Taken together, our results demonstrate that the mammary gland dies by lysosomal autophagy in addition to apoptosis during post-lactational involution. Our studies indicate that the lysosomal compartment may serve as an important target organelle for the creation of specific, effective, and novel therapies for breast cancer.

darius

Where did all the gyno'ers go? lol

Doesn't anyone else have an opinion on this matter whether it seems like it would work or if there is something that I am missing about gyno reduction?? Let's share ideas and figure this **** out.

Or is Epi that good and everyone who had gyno is already cured?? :D

Sonicology

Sonicology

Awards
Very interesting! How much raloxifene are you going to be taking whilst on cycle, and what do you have planned for PCT?

Good luck, and please keep us informed of your progress!

darius

I dunno. I have used Raloxifene in the past before. I forgot the dosages. I will look them up tonight sometime. I remember Raloxifene making my gyno somewhat smaller and turning me into an overly emotional girl. I stopped the Ralox that time luckily before the vagina formed lol.

I have no idea about post cycle therapy yet. Yeah it sounds kind of irresponsible, but I have done enough cycles to throw something together with the stock I have here. I used to be scared of not having my **** together before post cycle therapy, but this is America. You can get just about anything overnighted to you from one of many sources.

I will most likely do my typical post cycle therapy with Nolva started off with some Tor. Use some DS products or clones, Lean Xtreme for cortisol, Activate, and my mini chest of natty test boosters. And of course the ususals, milk thistle, etc.. I like to keep my post cycle therapy at 5-6 weeks. I will probably taper in and out with an AI too. Just to protect myself from creating new estrogen receptors from all the free flowing estrogen wanting a place to stay for the night and to prevent it from rebound of course.

If I can prevent the rebound from coming off of all the stuff, then I am pretty sure that the gyno won't come back ever (unless I cause it directly of course with more hormones) cause my gyno came when I was young and going thru puberty. Puberty for me was insane and I got the full textbook version with all the rare sides and all. Honestly, at one point I was strapped to a bed in a dermatology clinic while they stuck needles into my million pimples that sent electrical charges into them to burn them from the inside out. Those were good times. But somehow I came out with a pretty badass bone frame and some sweet natty test levels. My only payment was to have this bullsh*t gyno.

And if it does decide to rear its ugly head again, I will use 7-keto and dhea to see if that helps with a small AI at first and taper out the AI. I was reading a BUNCH of gyno articles at work today (slow day at work). I read one about pubertal gyno being caused because 7-keto and dhea levels to estrogen levels were off or something. I will got back and find the good stuff to post sometime.

Sonicology

Sonicology

Awards
I read one about pubertal gyno being caused because 7-keto and dhea levels to estrogen levels were off or something. I will got back and find the good stuff to post sometime.
Please do!

I have a mild case of pubertal gyno myself - it's not bad but I would prefer not to agitate it which is why I was going to go with epi/havoc for my first cycle.

Having read your post however I may add a small dose of raloxifene (was planning on using it for PCT anyway) and transdermal 4-AD. I would be happy just to do the cycle without any flare-up, but if I can get a reduction then that's even better! :)

darius

Ok, I examined my gyno tonight and for some reason up to this point I didn't really see any reduction.. but right now it is seriously like 40% smaller. Haven't added the serm yet. Just the 40mg of Epi daily and test prop. This is day 15 since being on Epi.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
My question is why are so many people suffering from Gynomastia?

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Darius Ive tried AIs Serms and nothing helped my gyno.Ive read of a few that Ralox + AI has helped but also many it hasnt.

Glad to hear that things are getting better for you especially since youre using an aromataseable compound.Now thats something to write home about!

darius

I think that full gyno termination is possible. Question is, how long does the 'treatment' take before that happens for some of us with pubertal gyno that we have had for many years?

How long can Epistane be run? What does the blood work on longer Epi cycles look like?

I trust running SERMs for extended periods of time. I have before. Just need to figure out how long I can run Epi, and I am not interested in the pulsing method.

darius

My question is why are so many people suffering from Gynomastia?
It's just a hormonal balance occurance that happens to most men at some point in their lives. Usually it's caused by puberty, but in most guys, it goes away naturally. In some however, it persists. A lot of guys have gyno to some degree, whether it is really small and not really noticible to the other extreme where someone has it so bad, they need a bra.

Most people on this forum who have gyno most likely can fit into one of two groups. Either the "pubertal gyno" or the "steroidal gyno"

Medications and certain underlying adverse health conditions can cause gynecomastia too, because certain medications or some adverse health conditions change hormone levels.