brewed test/winny suspension and it hardenes ! why?

WATERLOGGED

WATERLOGGED

supreme being
Awards
  • Established
what happened ? , i brewed a 30ml vial of test base/winny suspension and when i filtered the heated clear winny/test /ps80/ba/bb/guiguicol[sp] into the sterile water it looked fine i shook it and it immediately hardened solid !....thanks

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
not sure what you were doing but it sounds like you formed an emulsion rather then a suspension. what was the exact formula you used here?

WATERLOGGED

WATERLOGGED

supreme being
Awards
  • Established
not sure what you were doing but it sounds like you formed an emulsion rather then a suspension. what was the exact formula you used here?
whats the difference btwn the two ? i followed recipes for a winny suspension i just added the test base to make a blend since there similar ! oh btw it the fomula :test base..2 g's
winny..... 1.5 g's
6ml bb......20%
.75 ba.......2.5%
9ml ps80....3%
sterile water 19.95 ml
i'm sorry i did not use guigaicol[sp] in this not needed for this !

Last edited:
Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
whats the difference btwn the two ? i followed recipes for a winny suspension i just added the test base to make a blend since there similar !
The short explanation is that an emulsion is a solution where a hydrophilic substance is partially held in solution in water via some part of the molecule or a third party molecule being soluble in both acts as a “go between”. Usually the third party molecule is hydrophilic at one end and lipophilic at the other. Mayo is a good example, the eggs act like the ploy 80.

A suspension is a solution where the substances are held in colloidal solution that where the substance is composed of fine particulates that do not easily settle. That is they are not dissolved and are a solid suspended in a liquid.

The reason I am asking is that test and winny are soluble in each other, guaiacol while not completely water soluble is nearly and the poly 80 would add to this. It would help if you could post the instructions you used to do this.

WATERLOGGED

WATERLOGGED

supreme being
Awards
  • Established
well i've brewed test susp.@75 and 100mg/ml in oil and again in water with no problem i'v also brewed winny@100mg/ml in oil with no problem !so i used my same procedure of add 1.5 g's of powder/2 g's test base to a beaker then add 2.5% ba/20%bb/3%ps80 then heated the solution in microwave for 20 seconds then prepared 30ml vial w/filtered sterile water then drew 10 mls of warm solution at a time up and filtered into the vial with the sterile water . its supposed to titrate back into particles but there was a seperation btwn the water and the solution so i shook it like a lot of recipes call forwhile making suspension in water. now i can figure this tell me what you think . i ran out of room temperature sterile water so i used refrigerated sterile water that you get from a chem supply site. maybe since the solution was hot and putting it into cold water made this chemical reaction.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
I am assuming that you ment .9ml of PS80 at 3% for a30ml batch. If you did put 9ml in that would be your problem there.

I am not sure bro, let me look somehting up and I will post something even if its an I don't know

WATERLOGGED

WATERLOGGED

supreme being
Awards
  • Established
I am assuming that you ment .9ml of PS80 at 3% for a30ml batch. If you did put 9ml in that would be your problem there.

I am not sure bro, let me look somehting up and I will post something even if its an I don't know
yeah it was a 30ml vial i made and .9ps80 becase that stuff is hard to draw even usein an 18g pin,so no i woulda known if i had pulled 9 ml...lol , but good point !

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
I am not sure bro, I can only guess that there was some mess up some where. are you sure that everything you used was what it was supose to be?

WATERLOGGED

WATERLOGGED

supreme being
Awards
  • Established
well i'll just brew winny seperate and this time in oil since i've been very sucesful with that ! in seperate vials then the test susp. in oil also