1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  252 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.8%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Need to find a couple studies...

Could somebody find the abstracts (or full study) to these, I can't get them.

Tentori L, Graziani G. Cancer Risk in Doping with growth hormone/IGF-1, anabolic steroids or erythropoietin Pharmacol Res. 2007 Feb 3; [Epub ahead of print]

JT, Montine TJ, JAMA. Massive pulmonary embolus and anabolic steroid abuse, 1992 May 6;267(17):2328-9

Thanks!

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.3%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Doping with growth hormone/IGF-1, anabolic steroids or erythropoietin: is there a cancer risk? (abstract only, unless you want to pay for the full study)

and I can't find the second one...it's as though it's been pulled from sites like Pubmed...
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  252 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.8%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Ziricote View Post
    Doping with growth hormone/IGF-1, anabolic steroids or erythropoietin: is there a cancer risk? (abstract only, unless you want to pay for the full study)

and I can't find the second one...it's as though it's been pulled from sites like Pubmed...
    Excellent! Thanks man. I'm arguing with an idiot on a non-lifting message board. He claims steroids are evil, all the bad stuff in the media is true, blah, blah. Those studies are what he threw at me. He just listed the titles, nothing else.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  252 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.8%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I'm going to start digging up studies that show steroids don't do what they thought they do, there's plenty.

Feel free (anybody) to throw some in here if you find some good ones. Going to give this guy (says he a doctor) some reading material.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  252 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.8%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus View Post
    I do not believe you are responsible for providing this individual with any information. He is the one who has made the claims that steroids are not good for one's health. Therefore, the burden of proof lies upon him to convince his audience with reputable studies. If he cannot provide even this, then his argument fails.

Never the less, I'll post some relevent stuff soon.
    That's the main problem, everybody else there is believing in the media BS, and him as well. He's just the only one arguing anymore.

I blasted him for the one study Ziricote found. The last line in the abstract is something about GH/IGF-1 MIGHT cause problems. I asked him to post studies, instead of conjecture. Haven't heard back yet.

Misinformation just pisses me off.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  252 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.8%
    Achievements Posting Pro

So it would appear that this person has chosen what he wants to believe and is trying to find studies to support his beliefs. Unfortunately, he will need to disregard a lot of reputable research. If he hasn't provided research to back his claims, I would make it known publicly that his arguments have fallen apart due to the lack of evidence. At this point, it would be relatively pointless to pursue any further discourse.
    Agreed. I'm not posting any studies just yet, as I'd rather just refute anything he tries to post for now. He's going to need abstracts, not just titles.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  252 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.8%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I tried serching google for this, and couldn't find anything: anybody know how many women have died after breast implant surgery, or average per year?? Something along those lines.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  252 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.8%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I was *****ing in that same thread about our hypocritical society. How it's perfectly ok/accepted for a woman to have breast implant surgery to make her look/feel better, but not ok for a man to take steroids to look and feel better.

There's no conclusive evidence that steroids have killed anybody, yet women die every year from infections after surgery. What's more dangerous?
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  252 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.8%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Found the article. Enjoy.
    Nice, is there a way I can post a link to that?

Thanks Klaus!
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  252 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.8%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I don't think this board allows direct links from other sites. You'll probably need to upload it directly to the thread, or find a place of storage and link it from there.
    I thought that was only in terms of selling products that are not from board sponsors. A research study should be fine, we link those all the time, even at the top of this thread.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.3%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I think he meant taking his upload and posting it on another site Crunch, you should be able to save the study onto your own pc and upload it to the other site though (zip the file if it's too big as a pdf to upload).
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  252 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.8%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Ziricote View Post
    I think he meant taking his upload and posting it on another site Crunch, you should be able to save the study onto your own pc and upload it to the other site though (zip the file if it's too big as a pdf to upload).
    Ahhh...gotcha.
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.54%

just a thought

Just a quick thought.. you could upload the file for free to rapidshare.

Also, I suppose that there will always be a debate over everything. Natural or Enhanced? What is really the difference? Are these things not simply relative. People like that sleep with "Death in the Locker Room" under their pillow at night. We have data from both sides. Anything can be abused.

My personal opinion is that by making something illegal it increases the demand for it. People have a tendency to try and get what they "can not have". If you had everything you would do nothing, as isn't all of life, simply gaining something? We gain muscle and get smooth, so that we can cut weight to gain definition. I suppose there are two sides to every coin. However, I feel that by making steroids illegal it has done much more harm than good. As now, you have kids that can not get a good education about steroids, and is going to mess himself up big time, and need a training bra, because he could not get educated about the TRUTH about roids. Also, once something becomes illegal you have home chemist that will make impure product, and you have people that try to make a quick buck by selling you a phony product. This is bad **** man. If it were legal you could get pharma quality **** rather than run the risk of street trash. With proper education, and all that, there would be much less issues now. Problem is, if you have a ton of supersoldiers walking the streets of every US city, you can't control the city if the people rise up in revolt. Its a matter of control.

For your friend that wants to argue, I feel sorry that he is so closed minded. I try to see both sides of everything, even the side that says "roids are bad". Been there, done that. I hate picking sides. But then again... isn't that life... picking sides?. EVERYTHING IN MODERATION. Thats the key... or sure... you wont have a liver... and I dont care how much liver cleanse you take..lol. Had to throw in at least one negative comment.

Hope that helped... or maybe I just wasted some space... if so.. sorry.

-T
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.54%

very funny

haha.. very funny...

-T

Similar Forum Threads

1. Need to find a study
    By Carcaya in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-31-2011, 10:08 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-27-2007, 06:18 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-26-2006, 09:18 AM
  4. NEED to find a hardcore gym in ITHACA, NY!
    By HARDtotheCORE in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-23-2005, 11:21 PM