Votes: 13 100.0%
  • Who Cares

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pumps

Awards
Just wanted to hear some of your situation on America's laws on steroids. Even though we can't change nething i thought this thread would let some people get their frustrations out there. I just got done reading Legal Muscle and the things that i found out were incredible. America uses our tax dollars to try and incriminate seemingly law abiding citizens who use steroids for their own personal uses. I believe there are cases that cost America millions of dollars a year to catch those using only for personal use. If steroids are looked at as a dangerous drug what about alcohol and tabacco.
Number of alcohol-induced deaths, excluding accidents and homicides: 20,687

Number of alcoholic liver disease deaths: 12,360

Source: Deaths: Final Data for 2003, tables 10, 23

According to thetruth.com 400,000 deaths a year are attributed to tabacco use. Now im not saying steroids are not dangerous drug but most who use steroids are average middleaged people looking to improve their apperence. How many times have you heard of people killing so they get their steroid fix. It is not habit forming other than the mental attitude to get bigger. I read i Muscular Development once that bee stings kill more people than supplement use. I looked for a stat but couldn't find it someone help me out. Well their you have it lets hear your thought good, bad or neutral.

Motox

Awards
  • Established
thats a decent argument but we dont real know that much about the long term effects of steroids and a lot of the designer supps that com out. We know that methylation can be harmfull but everyone is affected differently by them. But I definatly think it should be eased up and more research should be done. I think that a lot of the reasons for harsh steroid laws are that politicians want to look good and gain popularity so they go on steroid witch hunts making them look way worse than they actually are, and unlike tobacco companies we dont have enough money to pay them off lol. Cuz we spend ALL our spare cash on supps!

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Scheduled drugs are classified their potential to be abused, not their health risks.

Motox

Awards
  • Established
Point taken but dont you think abuse and health risks correlate?

Motox

Awards
  • Established
Tobacco has severe documented, studied health risk and it is abused and legal!

livebono

livebono

Awards
It seems to me like lately that steroids are just the trendy thing to jump on by politicians. They know next to nothing about them, but they know it will gain them popularity to attack them.

Motox

Awards
  • Established
Thats what im saying. Do people think that those crooks care about our health or well being? The answer is no politicians will do or say anything to advance in the political world!

livebono

livebono

Awards
Thats what im saying. Do people think that those crooks care about our health or well being? The answer is no politicians will do or say anything to advance in the political world!

Exactly, they don't care at all about anyone's health, they will say whatever gets them votes

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Point taken but dont you think abuse and health risks correlate?
They overlap, but the legality is not due to the health risks involved. With that being said, I don't believe comparing them to cigarettes or alcohol is a substantial arguement.

Requirements for a Schedule 3 Controlled Substance:
(A) The drug or other substance has a potential for abuse less than the drugs or other substances in schedules I and II.
Schedule 2 drugs include Cocaine, Morphine, PCP, Ritalin, & Meth.
Schedule 1 is stuff like Marijuana, Peyote,Shrooms, & Heroin.
(B) The drug or other substance has a currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States.
(C) Abuse of the drug or other substance may lead to moderate or low physical dependence or high psychological dependence.

By no means am I a fan of AAS being a schedule 3 (Same level as Oxycotin and Vicodin), but at the same time I can't help but agree that it completely fits the description of a controlled substance.

Motox

Awards
  • Established
Good argument sinner this could go on for hours! The man wont stop us though Fight the power!:head:

fatsuperman

fatsuperman

Awards
  • Established
The DEA never wanted steriods to be scheduled. It was and is a political move by congress.

Based on the sheduled 3 criteria given, the only reason cigarettes are not a scheduled 3 drug is BECAUSE THEY AREN'T accepted as a current medical treatment.

hmm....

So if doctors didn't accept steriods for medical usage, then they would be on a different schedule?

BTW, Think about it, we don't find people stealing car stereos, neglecting their kids, and giving blow jobs so they can get their "juice" fix. For this reason alone, putting steriods in the same catagory as oxycotin seems a little harsh.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The DEA never wanted steriods to be scheduled. It was and is a political move by congress.

Based on the sheduled 3 criteria given, the only reason cigarettes are not a scheduled 3 drug is BECAUSE THEY AREN'T accepted as a current medical treatment.

hmm....

So if doctors didn't accept steriods for medical usage, then they would be on a different schedule?

BTW, Think about it, we don't find people stealing car stereos, neglecting their kids, and giving blow jobs so they can get their "juice" fix. For this reason alone, putting steriods in the same catagory as oxycotin seems a little harsh.
I'll agree schedule 3 seems pretty harsh, but I'm sure we can all agree that gear shouldn't be available to any bimbo off the street. Even if we were to lobby our asses off, the lowest it could go would be schedule 4. Any lower and we'd be comparing it to cough syrup.

Steroids can be pretty habit-forming. We can argue that cigarettes are also addictive, but then again there's a lot of people out there who've quit cold turkey.

Data suggests that cigarettes may (or may not) cause cancer. Then again, research shows that frying pans can cause cancer. Regardless, neither cigarettes nor frying pans have the potential to completely f*ck up your endocrine system much like steroids.

colindep

colindep

Awards
  • Established
Just wanted to hear some of your situation on America's laws on steroids. Even though we can't change nething i thought this thread would let some people get their frustrations out there. I just got done reading Legal Muscle and the things that i found out were incredible. America uses our tax dollars to try and incriminate seemingly law abiding citizens who use steroids for their own personal uses. I believe there are cases that cost America millions of dollars a year to catch those using only for personal use. If steroids are looked at as a dangerous drug what about alcohol and tabacco.
Number of alcohol-induced deaths, excluding accidents and homicides: 20,687

Number of alcoholic liver disease deaths: 12,360

Source: Deaths: Final Data for 2003, tables 10, 23

According to thetruth.com 400,000 deaths a year are attributed to tabacco use. Now im not saying steroids are not dangerous drug but most who use steroids are average middleaged people looking to improve their apperence. How many times have you heard of people killing so they get their steroid fix. It is not habit forming other than the mental attitude to get bigger. I read i Muscular Development once that bee stings kill more people than supplement use. I looked for a stat but couldn't find it someone help me out. Well their you have it lets hear your thought good, bad or neutral.
I think its pretty obvious the answers your going to get to this question on this forum. But i could be wrong.