How often do you train while "On"?

While on, I workout...

• Total voters

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I am asking this question more or less to gauge whether people workout more often or the same when they are taking ANY form of AAS or PH.

I know this will be helpful for me personally becuase I am now using a 2/1 split and am running my first cycle longer than 4 weeks, sometime next month. And I assume it will help others.

I am trying to figure out whether the majority will keep with thier current styles or not to help gauge whether or not to change up my routine.

Also, after you vote (public poll), please let me know how often you work out while off and while on, if not the same.

DieselPump

DieselPump

Awards
I usually train a little more while on, I feel like I can get the most out of my cycle that way, plus recovery time is almost none existent.

sweet-physique

sweet-physique

Awards
  • Established
When on I can just physically handle more training, volume, weight, and more days within a given period before feeling the need for a day of rest. While on I take days off more from need to rest my CNS, joints, and psychologically needing a day versus when normal my body and muscles will jus feel totally sore and exhausted and I know i need a day or 2 off. I seldom feel that way when on even when training with more intensity weight and volume for longer splits.

BigB29

BigB29

Awards
My schedule only allows me to train so often and therefore it remains the same regardless. Although while 'on' I do take advantage of any chance I get to hit up the weight room, but my basic workout routine remains the same.

jvb20

Awards
more i have been training like 5-6 days while on and lovin it:good:

nattyHST

Awards
The real question should be, how often do you hit each body part a week while "on". # of workouts is irrelevant with all of the variations of routines.

James

James

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I keep it the same… about once every 6 or 7 days

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
The real question should be, how often do you hit each body part a week while "on". # of workouts is irrelevant with all of the variations of routines.
Well no. I workout with a 2/1 routine right now and am thinking about using it when i run my next cycle. So basically I have the opportunity to hit each body part once, and possibly twice during a 7 day span.

Asking if you train more or less makes perfect sense.

nephilim666

nephilim666

Awards
  • Established
i like to still work out only 4 times a week, but i just hit every bodypart so heavy and add another 3 or 4 sets on, so about 16 sets a bodypart at 5-7 reps a set.

doodle

doodle

Awards
while on: i workout my problem area twice a week, everything else once.

guapitomark

guapitomark

Awards
While "on", I work out the same frequency, but with more intensity. I'll still work out a body part once every three days, regardless. IMO, even though you might be "on", your muscles still need 72 hours to recover, especially if you're hitting them harder!

Bigchourico

Bigchourico

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
While "on", I work out the same frequency, but with more intensity. I'll still work out a body part once every three days, regardless. IMO, even though you might be "on", your muscles still need 72 hours to recover, especially if you're hitting them harder!
YOUR RIGHT, but you should of said this 2 years ago.

jamesb2525

jamesb2525

Awards
same workout, more weight maybe add more sets, less time between sets

Rhys85

Banned
Awards
I train with exactly the same intensity every session, no matter what I'm on. As soon as you begin treating these "supplements" like magic beans, you will fall into a trap of always needing to use them. Treat them like stepping stones. They're there to break a plateau and help stimulate new growth.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Haha...ridiculously old threads...hilarious.