Superdrol shelf life?

Markum1

Markum1

Awards
What is the shelf life of Superdrol if stored in a dry cool place?

livebono

livebono

Awards
At the least, until the expiration date on the bottle, after that, it won't hurt to take it, products usually just start to lose potency

Markum1

Markum1

Awards
That's the strange thing about it, I can't find an expiration date on the bottle?

livebono

livebono

Awards
Hmmm...most products are good for about a year, year and a half or so. Maybe 2 years, but that would be the max

livebono

livebono

Awards
From looking at some other threads, I'd say you have about two years on it, because most seem to think it's good for about a year after the expiration date, if it's in a cool, dry place.

One guy said he refrigerates his in a ziploc bag, but that sounds fishy to me

Markum1

Markum1

Awards
Thanks for the replies. I was wondering if the chemical properties actually change after a period of time? or if just lowers the effectiveness? Just curious.

livebono

livebono

Awards
From what I understand, the chemical properties won't change, the product will slowly lose potency

livebono

livebono

Awards
No problem, good luck with the superdrol, I've heard some awesome things about it

Markum1

Markum1

Awards
This will be my 2nd run on it. I have to tell you, I loved it last time. I felt great... other than the back pumps.

livebono

livebono

Awards
Ive heard about the back pumps. I used phera-plex several times, but never superdrol. I loved the phera, and never had any back pumps

MystikalSoul

Awards
i heard that if u vaccum seal and put it in freezer it will be good for like 10 years

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i heard that if u vaccum seal and put it in freezer it will be good for like 10 years
I hope this is the case because I have 2 Bottles of SD and 6 bottles of S1+ I bought 2 years ago and then vaccum sealed and had frozen.

sock

Awards
At the least, until the expiration date on the bottle, after that, it won't hurt to take it, products usually just start to lose potency
More happens than lost of potency. For each molecule of the active lost something else has to form (mass balance). These molecules that form - degradate products. They may be harmful. The only way to determine that is to monitor long term stability of SD or do forced degradation studies to form possible products that may form over a long periond of time.

As previous posts have metioned, best storage conditions are vacuum sealed and frozen. You want to limit exposure to heat, light, moisture and oxygen all can have a negative effect on compounds. How long will freezing and vacumm sealing extend expiry? Compound dependant, and the only way to confirm is to generate long term stability data at those conditions. Generally speaking though, I would believe, at the minimum you can double expiry with vacuum sealed frozen.

MystikalSoul

Awards
amen to that

More happens than lost of potency. For each molecule of the active lost something else has to form (mass balance). These molecules that form - degradate products. They may be harmful. The only way to determine that is to monitor long term stability of superdrol or do forced degradation studies to form possible products that may form over a long periond of time.

As previous posts have metioned, best storage conditions are vacuum sealed and frozen. You want to limit exposure to heat, light, moisture and oxygen all can have a negative effect on compounds. How long will freezing and vacumm sealing extend expiry? Compound dependant, and the only way to confirm is to generate long term stability data at those conditions. Generally speaking though, I would believe, at the minimum you can double expiry with vacuum sealed frozen.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
More happens than lost of potency. For each molecule of the active lost something else has to form (mass balance). These molecules that form - degradate products. They may be harmful. The only way to determine that is to monitor long term stability of superdrol or do forced degradation studies to form possible products that may form over a long periond of time.

I really doubt all that. To each his own though. It will keep its potency and last several years after the expiration date as long as it is stored in a cool dry place. If you freeze it you are introducing moisture into the product and it will degrade faster.

MystikalSoul

Awards
can we get more info on this? there seems to be 2 different views

sock

Awards
I really doubt all that. To each his own though. It will keep its potency and last several years after the expiration date as long as it is stored in a cool dry place. If you freeze it you are introducing moisture into the product and it will degrade faster.
Do you understand what a vacuum is? You are not introducing moisture, you are removing all matter (including water - moisture). Also, if you want a reaction (formation of degradate products) to go forward, lower the activation energy. How to you do that? Add heat - energy (or add a catalyst). Slow a reaction? Raise the activation energy, that is, increasing energy required for a reaction to go forward, therfore preventing degradation products to go foward. I will note, some reactions can go faster at lower temperatures, though I have never heard it for small molecules.

What is your basis, that is data, for SD to retain its potency for years after its expiry? I bet you Designer Supps doesn't even have these data.

The reason I posted what I did is for caution's sake. SD is nothing to mess with as it is, let alone years passed expiry. I think it would be wise to consider what can possibly happen to a compound over the long term.

I don't mind that you don't take my word, at least someone is thinking about it. You should always use caution and educate yourself as to what you are taking. A general chemistry book will give a good explaination of reaction kinetics and there are tons of scientific publications on small molecule degradation. I am hardly an expert but I know enough that when something loses potency, that loss has to be made up somewhere (mass balance). A typicall % Label Claim test may not detect (be stability indicating) degradation products. Just because they are not detected by a particular analytical method does not mean they don't exist.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you understand what a vacuum is? You are not introducing moisture, you are removing all matter (including water - moisture). Also, if you want a reaction (formation of degradate products) to go forward, lower the activation energy. How to you do that? Add heat - energy (or add a catalyst). Slow a reaction? Raise the activation energy, that is, increasing energy required for a reaction to go forward, therfore preventing degradation products to go foward. I will note, some reactions can go faster at lower temperatures, though I have never heard it for small molecules.

What is your basis, that is data, for superdrol to retain its potency for years after its expiry? I bet you Designer Supps doesn't even have these data.

The reason I posted what I did is for caution's sake. SD is nothing to mess with as it is, let alone years passed expiry. I think it would be wise to consider what can possibly happen to a compound over the long term.

I don't mind that you don't take my word, at least someone is thinking about it. You should always use caution and educate yourself as to what you are taking. A general chemistry book will give a good explaination of reaction kinetics and there are tons of scientific publications on small molecule degradation. I am hardly an expert but I know enough that when something loses potency, that loss has to be made up somewhere (mass balance). A typicall % Label Claim test may not detect (be stability indicating) degradation products. Just because they are not detected by a particular analytical method does not mean they don't exist.

Well you said vacuum sealed, and frozen. I didn't read it as both. My mistake. I just don't think it will lose potentcy because I have used some products at least 3 years after expire date with no loss in quality or potentcy from when I used it the last time. I store my stuff in a cool cabinet. Not vacuum sealed, but still good. Also I have some 4ad powder purchased right before the 04 ban and I'm just hyping myself up - wanting it to still be good. It still looks good, it has the same consistancy...I also have some phenibut powder I purchased the same time period and it works just as well as when I purchased it.....Sorry I guess I sounded like an ass, didn't mean too.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

:fool2: I don't what I was thinking :fool2:

sock

Awards
Sorry sock, you think my powder is still good?.
No problem - I took no offense, you have know way of knowing if I know squat! I do have some experience in this field though. You are right, your stuff is more than likely still good based on how you stored your stuff. In fact, if it was mine, I would be confident about it and still take it. Label claim is probably no worse than 95% of initial. You did the right thing, kept it cool and from light, I just go to extremes. Now that we had this conversation, I am going to do a search on stability of steriod compounds at work and see what shows up. The company I work subscribes to a ton of scientific journals, so I can get full copies and not just abstracts. I will have to stick to electronic ones though, it might raise some eyebrows if I order hardcopy. I will let you know if I see anything worth posting.
:cheers:

sock

Awards
:fool2: I don't what I was thinking :fool2:
I've been there! Read a post not so thoroughly and then posted something that I later looked at and thought the same dam thing!

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for understanding Sock. Sometimes I make idiot posts without thinking...I'll look forward to more info you can find on this stuff at your job. Try and be discreet though. You don't know how people will react at your job.

bigsexy

Awards
So, I guess if I had a few left over from the 90ct. AX bottles, they would be expired?

Jaywalh

Awards
T-bone you're a homo for eating your words so quickly after sock threw a bunch of bs at you that just went over your head. Sock, your competely off base considering the compounds we are discussing here. I'm interested to see what all that research pointed to that you claimed you were going to do. I'm guessing it didn't get done and based on your grammar, spelling and typing I'm willing to bet you are totally unqualified to give input on this. I saw studies (spent about 30m) that show a few different very similar complex compounds retained 80% or more effectiveness after up to 8 years. Most exp. dates are 1-2 years out.. You do the math and take from this what you will.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You are picking an argument with a conversation that's 2.5 years old

Libertarian

Awards
  • Established
You are picking an argument with a conversation that's 2.5 years old
Yeah, what a noob... Oh wait, he has more posts than me....

Anyway I see a lot of opinions here in this old thread but no real studies to back up anything anyone has said. How about this?

medletter.com/freedocs/expdrugs.pdf
(you'll have to cut and paste)
CONCLUSION — There are virtually no reports of toxicity from degradation products of
outdated drugs. How much of their potency they retain varies with the drug and the storage
conditions, especially humidity, but many drugs stored under reasonable conditions retain
90% of their potency for at least 5 years after the expiration date on the label, and sometimes
much longer.
Vacuum seal that stuff and stick in in a freezer and it will last a LONG time. Expiration dates are almost arbitrary in many cases.

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 37
Anabolics 10
Anabolics 21
JohnnyBGood Anabolics 5
Anabolics 1