A question for those who wish they'd waited.

D

dmix

Awards
Whenever people think back to their first cycle, a common answer is, "I wish I'd have waited a few years."

My question is - why?

I understand the basic, inarguable, definitive physical responses - bad post cycle therapy, too big a stack, hadn't finished growing, gyne/side effect/relationship issues, those sorts of things.

But if you are done growing, and NOT at genetic potential - but run a conservative cycle with proper post cycle therapy and made good gains, even if you didn't have the same knowledge and level of intensity you later gained - what makes you say, you wish you'd waited?

From what I understand, the test levels return to pre-cycle levels with proper post cycle therapy, and provided you have your diet and workout in order, and have a firm basis to run a cycle, there seems to be little in the way of the "wait until your genetic potential" mythos. Am I way off base here?

C

Cardinal

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I did at least a years worth of research before I started and was 24. I was also very tiny physically.

I don't regret when I started. I do however wish I had taken less risk. wrt to bloodwork and how I feel, it doesn't look like AAS has had a huge detrimental impact to my life yet.

But it sure will if I don't learn to use milder compounds and be much more diligent about monitoring health parameters in the future.

I would have problably made the same newbie mistakes I made at 24 if I waited to 30 years old to start. My learning curve is much faster on AAS and quite slow as a natty trainer. Something about changing hormones teaches you a lot about how your body reacts to things.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
I did at least a years worth of research before I started and was 24. I was also very tiny physically.

I don't regret when I started. I do however wish I had taken less risk. wrt to bloodwork and how I feel, it doesn't look like anabolic steroids has had a huge detrimental impact to my life yet.

But it sure will if I don't learn to use milder compounds and be much more diligent about monitoring health parameters in the future.

I would have problably made the same newbie mistakes I made at 24 if I waited to 30 years old to start. My learning curve is much faster on AAS and quite slow as a natty trainer. Something about changing hormones teaches you a lot about how your body reacts to things.

Agree a lot with cardinal here. I think if your well educated, done growing (height wise), and have a proper understand of what things do, especially PCT wise, then you should be fine. I also think one should train with a sound diet and training protocol for a few years before touching the stuff. Once you have that down, AAS are the next step if you so choose.