low-carb while on/off

doodle

doodle

Awards
when cutting carbs while on cycle to shed some fat, do most of you go low-carb through pct, and also do you notice that its harder to maintain/add muscle while low carbing. I generally keep my carbs relatively low year round, just curious as to what everyone else does.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm on my fourth week of Superdrol/Phera-Plex/Mega-Zol. I'm on low carb and haven't gained a pound nor has my stength gone up at all.

doodle

doodle

Awards
interesting, has your body changed visually at all?

njt11

Awards
I'm on my fourth week of Superdrol/Phera-Plex/Mega-Zol. I'm on low carb and haven't gained a pound nor has my stength gone up at all.
From what I understand Superdrol feeds off carbs nearly/as much as protein. I dont understand why you'd run such a strong cycle with low carbs. If your cutting why not something like TRN/ZOL thats effective even under low carbs.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
I've done both, and it works, but you have to have supercompensation on the weekend if you want to have the best results.. Keep the doses low if you are cutting regardless, as some morons put every conceivable variable into their cut.. Keep the dose low, and keep the cut long. You should do fine. If/when you do go back to normal macros, raise it slowly so you don't yo-yo back.

Look into Dan Duchaine's book "Militant Underground Body Opus".

Superdrol and a Ketogenic diet doesn't make sense to me.

Cardinal

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Not pointing fingers but I think far too many people expect muscle gains in a deficit just b/c they are on powerful anabolics. For me it essentially never works that way.

The only time I have managed to make it work was when I was at a very low bodyweight and without hardly any muscle mass. Even then it took the supercompensation from refeeds to yield measurable muscle gains as ubi alluded to.

If you have been on 4 weeks of SD and haven't gained muscle, your calories are too low, period. Even with 2g/lb in protein and low carbs you'd probably still get enough insulin to bulid something if calories were high enough.

In a deficit I wouldnt' expect it.

Steroids are fantastic at preserving muscle. Unless you are dealing with a particularly wet compound (and thus have trouble losing fat due to too much estrogen etc), darn near anything will work on a cut to preserve muscle. Usually people use way more than needed to preserve lean tissue. But even veritably huge amounts won't yield muscle gains for many sans calories. Food and genetics make up most of the picture.

Sure you can typically gain weight at lower calories on Testosterone than off Testoserone, but I still wouldn't expect anything from a deficit.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
To add to what Cardinal said, IMPE the only compound I have seen LBM gain with while in a deficit, is Methenolone Enanthate. I wasn't expecting it, as I was just doing a modest cut.

Carbohydrate deficit, you can with any compound, albeit slower and somewhat contradictive to what your goal should be as cutting carbs is a cutting technique.

Caloric deficit, Primo... any other compound and you're just preserving muscle.

doodle

doodle

Awards
I have yet to use primo. Ubi how does it compare to EQ and do the gains come any quicker, because i cant stand the first 8 weeks.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
Quicker, as it's Enanthate. If you had Methenolone Undecylenate, or Decanoate/Undecanoate, I'm sure it would be comparable.

It's a mild and slow gaining anabolic, without the hunger associated with Boldenone.