testosterone

insainedge

Awards
i'm 46 and have been prescribed test. i am not shooting the prescribed dosage. a slight increase. i am doing a pyramid. 500 wk 1, 600 wk 2,3, 800 wk 4,5 and back to 500 wk 6. my protien intake is about 280 to 300. my gains have not been what i expected maybe 10 lb, bech up about 10 to 15 lb. should i cahange my pyramid

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
If you're prescribed Test Cypionate, (which I'm pretty damn sure you would be) You should just now be starting to see strength and quality weight gain. The pyramid idea is crap and you should just use a constant dose, be it for hypertrophy from supraphysiological doses or just a TRT dose.

Read a little bit about the compound you are using, especially if you are not following your doctor's orders... it will save yourself a lot of typing.

Also I want to add that your protein intake (albeit an important part) is not as important as your total caloric intake, especially if you are wanting to make increases in weight. That's pretty common sense.

BLOODZ

BLOODZ

Awards
i'm 46 and have been prescribed test. i am not shooting the prescribed dosage. a slight increase. i am doing a pyramid. 500 wk 1, 600 wk 2,3, 800 wk 4,5 and back to 500 wk 6. my protien intake is about 280 to 300. my gains have not been what i expected maybe 10 lb, bech up about 10 to 15 lb. should i cahange my pyramid
I have heard of people taking 500mg once a week for about 10-12 weeks as first time test users. I'm not really sure about the pyramid thing tho. I have also heard that test does not start kicking in until about week 4 or 5, that is why certain people would take an oral as a jump start until test kicks in. By the way how long have you been on it so far? I also agree with ubiq on the caloric intake, i also hope you have all ancillaries on hand since your deciding on taking test and dosing that high.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
the whole pyramiding idea is pretty old school.

the whole idea was that it kept hormone levels fluctuating so the receptors had to keep on guessing, and that tapering off near the end would allow for greater retention of gains.

for long term use the pyramiding idea still holds some merit, but were talking about time frames greater than 6 months or so. and now with more powerful post cycle therapy routines and drugs like toremifene gaining popularity, pyramiding holds even less merit.

so in short, dont pyramid unless you plan on doing very long cycles, your just going to experience more side effects and inconsistent gains because of the fluctuation.

aspire210

aspire210

Awards
  • Established
I just want to add that its really not a bad idea to taper up when using highly aromatizing gear. SHBG is raised in response to more estrogen. Therefore, more estrogen equals more SHBG. Well test isn't that valuable to you if its all bound up, so tapering up makes sense to me. However, running and anti-e would also be effective, or something that has higher affinity to SHBG would probably do a better job. Maybe theres a hole in my theory that I've missed, but I don't think tapering up is a terrible idea from what I've read.