Yesterdays injection...possible infection?

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I've been constantly taking my temperature today. My injection was 20 hours ago yesterday.

I started at 98.6, and now I'm up to 99.5. The air temperature hasn't changed, yet it feels colder.

There is no streaks or redness near the injection, although it hurts like a *****, and I can't flex the muscle correctly.

The proceedure seemed clean, and I can't believe I've made myself sick from the very first injection. =(

Injection = test-e 350 mg (1.2 cc)

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
take it easy, wait a few days. Most infections will be red and warm to the touch. It's common that your site will be sore for up to 4-5 days depending on a trillion factors. So calm down and wait a day or two, if the above symptoms show up or you start to cold sweat running a fevor then hit the doc up for some antibiotics.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I took an advil, and now (probably has nothing to do with it) my temp is 98.6.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
If you have a low grade temperature you shouldnt take anything for it, it is your bodies way of fighting off an infection, so by lowering it your decreasing your bodies defense against it and prolonging it.

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
20-24 hours is really quick for any real infection to have developed.

My guess is its just localized irritation and pain from the injection. It happens, especially if you arent using human grade euro stuff. Some of the cheaper vet/UG lab stuff can be painful and cause more irritation due to the higher concentrations of BA. Although it might hurt more, it ensures that its sterile.

What brand is it btw?

If your gear is reputable and you used sterile methods it is really pretty hard to get an infection. Just massage it, chill out and relax. It will go away. I had a knot and pain for a week once and that was from ICN Galenika which is like premium stuff.

If your temp goes up over 100F you might want to start to be concerned. Is this your first cycle? First few injections? A slight (very slight) temp. is possible when your body first reacts to what it perceives as a foreign entity. You have heard of test flu I'm sure. My first cycle, right at about 1.5-2 weeks I got a runny nose and some mild cold like symptoms but it went away after like 4-5 days.

Keep an eye on things but dont freak out. If everything was in order and your stuff is clean, an infection is fairly rare.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I get a mild fever after the first few injections of even long esters. Just my body saying "whoa, WTF was that?"

Try a heating pad and massage on the sore area. Usually eases it up some for me. I also like warming the oil on a heating pad for a bit before administering to lower viscosity and heating the injection site as well to relax the muscle. Keep it slow and steady. :)

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
20-24 hours is really quick for any real infection to have developed.

My guess is its just localized irritation and pain from the injection. It happens, especially if you arent using human grade euro stuff. Some of the cheaper vet/UG lab stuff can be painful and cause more irritation due to the higher concentrations of BA. Although it might hurt more, it ensures that its sterile.

What brand is it btw?

If your gear is reputable and you used sterile methods it is really pretty hard to get an infection. Just massage it, chill out and relax. It will go away. I had a knot and pain for a week once and that was from ICN Galenika which is like premium stuff.

If your temp goes up over 100F you might want to start to be concerned. Is this your first cycle? First few injections? A slight (very slight) temp. is possible when your body first reacts to what it perceives as a foreign entity. You have heard of test flu I'm sure. My first cycle, right at about 1.5-2 weeks I got a runny nose and some mild cold like symptoms but it went away after like 4-5 days.

Keep an eye on things but dont freak out. If everything was in order and your stuff is clean, an infection is fairly rare.
Thanks bro.

Yeah my thermometeter is jumping all over the place. My forehead is slightly warm.

Sometimes it says 98.4, then 100.2, then 99.2. It's electronic, so who knows, but I definetly have a rise in body temperature and the room feels way colder than it should.

This is my first shot ever.

Gear: Swisher Labs

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
Thanks bro.

Yeah my thermometeter is jumping all over the place. My forehead is slightly warm.

Sometimes it says 98.4, then 100.2, then 99.2. It's electronic, so who knows, but I definetly have a rise in body temperature and the room feels way colder than it should.

This is my first shot ever.

Gear: Swisher Labs
Ya, that explains a lot. I think you will be fine...

As for Swisher, shouldn't be a problem. It's a pretty common UG guy with a good rep. I haven't seen many complaints about that stuff at all.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Update:

Today I feel a little better.

I feel a little tired, but my fever seems to be gone.

My leg is still sore as hell, and I can barely walk on it.

It's not painful at all unless I flex the muscle or stretch. But when the muscle is activating, it is insanely sore.

No redness or warmth. Minimal swelling.

I wish it would go away. =(