Good idea for using transdermals

1. Registered User
    Answers

Lightbulb Good idea for using transdermals

To get the best absorption rates we all know that it is best to shave all hair from the area. Something I have yet to see, not to say it has yet to be said, is preparing the skin for application. A part that I do and think helps alot is to exfolicate the skin at least 3 times a week. I use an exfolicating scrub when I take a shower to get the dead skin and build-up from applications of the tramsdermal off the skin and out of the pores so that it is more primed to absorb the hormones. Anyone else do this? If not give it a try. Makes sense to me that it should help. Plus it makes the skin feel good anyway. Any other "skin preparation" tips out there?

2. Registered User
    Answers

I use lotion everyday on the side (left and right shoulder/upper arm) not being used. Keeps the skin healthy.
  3. Registered User
    Answers

Originally posted by 2getHUGE
    To get the best absorption rates we all know that it is best to shave all hair from the area. Something I have yet to see, not to say it has yet to be said, is preparing the skin for application. A part that I do and think helps alot is to exfolicate the skin at least 3 times a week. I use an exfolicating scrub when I take a shower to get the dead skin and build-up from applications of the tramsdermal off the skin and out of the pores so that it is more primed to absorb the hormones. Anyone else do this? If not give it a try. Makes sense to me that it should help. Plus it makes the skin feel good anyway. Any other "skin preparation" tips out there?
    Exactly what I was thinking the other morning... but I thought it was old.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

Do you really need to shave your legs? im not into the shaving legs thing
    Can i just wax/shave a small spot on my calf and quad.
  5. Running with the Big Boys
    Answers

waxing now that sounds very very painful.. I will stick with the razor
  6. Doctor Science
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

be careful not to exfoliate your skin too much on the are where you are applying the ph.. ive noticved when i did it too much on my chest that i started to get a rash and such that didnt look all that good and was there for quite some time.. also ive noticed more burning if i applied right out of a hot shower which opens up your pores as well as takes some of the outer skin cells off..

and yes all you need to do is shave a part of your leg.. its what i did.. i shaved a cylindrical area out of my upper quad where even if i had shorts on you couldnt see, worked pretty well...
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Erase/DAA/DHEA stack good idea for 25 year old?
    By kingdong in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-07-2013, 09:27 PM
  2. In College, Lack of Cash, Good Idea For Bulking foods?
    By jonesBones40 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-05-2012, 09:53 AM
  3. I need some good ideas for a tattoo.
    By planetfuzz in forum General Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-18-2008, 12:59 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-21-2004, 07:44 PM