Alcohol post cycle

bignative22

Awards
Hi everyone,

I am 8 days in to an epistane cycle, so far the results have been great, and my blood pressure and heart rate have not been affected. I am planning a 3 week cycle at 20mg/day (possibly thinking of bumping it up to 30mg on workout days) and running clomid for PCT.

About five days into my PCT I am going back home to visit my family (been away for university) and my dad and I often will sit down and have a few beers together. It is just something that he and I have done together for years now; he is always traveling on business and I am in school far from home but we always say that no matter where we are we will always be able to meet up for a couple nights and drink some brews on the deck :D. In other words I really don't want to give it up if I don't absolutely need to.

I've read some reports of nolva raising liver values, what about clomid? I also know that epistane is comparatively a lot more mild than other orals. I am drinking a lot of water and taking milk thistle, hawthorne, flax, etc.

When I say having a few it can range anywhere from 3-6, obviously I will keep it as low as I can, probably around 3-4. I'm talking maybe two or three nights in a 12 day trip here.

I am thinking of running clomid 100/50/50, I might post another thread to get advice on that. Should I wait at least until I'm running 50 and not 100? Does it even make a difference?

What are your guys' thoughts on all this. Should I bite the bullet and not drink at all, or is having a few beers (I could even get the 2.5g carb beer, doesn't matter) not a big deal?

Thanks very much

njt11

Awards
99.5% of the time you'll be fine. If it were me, I'd take the risk, but thats just me.

You have no idea how many kids at my university run superdrol for a month at a time getting ****faced every weekend. Are they fine on the outside? Sure. Are they fine on the inside? Who knows.

Personally, I see liver toxicity over-rated (unless we're talking harsh PHs like SD, M1T, etc). I dont see why someone cant have a few drinks while on something mild like Epi or H50. :dance:

P4D2A022

P4D2A022

Awards
  • Established
bignative, you think epistane is better for vascularity or mass? or both!?

bignative22

Awards
bignative, you think epistane is better for vascularity or mass? or both!?
Hard to say at this point but I'll make sure I let you know, it just seems to have really kicked in a couple days ago.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
The little bloodwork that has been done on Havoc shows it does stress the liver somewhat. That said, IMO having a few beers with your dad during P.C.T. isn't a big deal. It's having a "few" beers every night on-cycle and during P.C.T. that is risky.

To be safe, you may want to consider adding additional liver support in the form of NAC and ALA. Both are cheap. (Or use Cycle Support or Perfect Cycle.)

bignative22

Awards
The little bloodwork that has been done on Havoc shows it does stress the liver somewhat. That said, IMO having a few beers with your dad during P.C.T. isn't a big deal. It's having a "few" beers every night on-cycle and during P.C.T. that is risky.

To be safe, you may want to consider adding additional liver support in the form of NAC and ALA. Both are cheap. (Or use Cycle Support or Perfect Cycle.)
These things sold OTC in Canada? By the time I got them my cycle would probably be almost over.

Edit: Wait, ALA is for sure right? What's NAC?

njt11

Awards

Exactly. And just for a little back-up I'd megadose NAC the day of drinking and the next day just to be safe. If I were to go out during a night on cycle I'd load up on NAC that day and the whole next day.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
NAC - N-Acetyl-Cysteine... I'm not sure if it's sold OTC in Canada, although I can't imagine why it wouldn't be.