Very interesting situation...

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I just got my pre-cycle blood test results back, and they are as follows:

Cholesterol Total: 98 (I know doesn't help much without knowing the breakdown, but I couldn't get that yet)

Testosterone, Total: 293 (within normal ranges)

here is where it gets interesting...

Testosterone, Free: 36 (Low) normal: 46-224
Testosterone, Bioavailible: 84 (low) normal: 110-575

SHBG: 33 (normal)
Albumin: 5.2 (high)

TSH W/ Free T4 RFX, TSH: 1.4 (normal)

The doctor said they could provide t-gel which would get me back to normal levels, but I'm thinking; I'm about to start a cycle, and I should be able to get back to normal levels Post Cycle, and if not, I could use the t-gel then.

This is my first cycle by the way.

Also my levels aren't too far from normal, but strange none the less.

Any comments are appreciated.

Thanks

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
So - high albumin binding to testosterone would appear to be the cause of the low free/bioavailable testosterone numbers.

I think that means one of those SHBG binders wouldn't work all that much to raise free/bioavail test.

Not sure a cycle would bring you back to normal AFTER the cycle - maybe during.

I would think the right path would be to treat the root cause - high albumin. I have no clue what that direction would be though.
Perhaps DeerDeer or maybe even Dr. John could comment.

BTW - cholesterol is probably fine. Just make sure your HDL (good) is high enough. Mine is in that order on the total - and my breakdown is roughly 50/50 of HDL/LDL.
Just make sure you don't have 20 HDL and 80 LDL....

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
So - high albumin binding to testosterone would appear to be the cause of the low free/bioavailable testosterone numbers.
Albumin bound Test is considered bioavailable.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I stand corrected.

So - is the albumin driving down the free test then? Wonder why the bioavail is low then?

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I stand corrected.

So - is the albumin driving down the free test then? Wonder why the bioavail is low then?
well, his total test @ 293, despite being categorized as "in normal ranges", is actually REALLY low if he's under 50 years old. they usually dont account for age variations in their assessments of "normal"...

free test is low because total test is low.

if i got those numbers, was under 40 y/o and i had never cycled, i'd find a doc asap who would prescribe test cyp @ 200mg/week along with dex and HCG. they're out there.

out of curiosity, how is your libido? (i know it's not directly related to T)...musculature?...mood?

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
well, his total test @ 293, despite being categorized as "in normal ranges", is actually REALLY low if he's under 50 years old. they usually dont account for age variations in their assessments of "normal"...

free test is low because total test is low.

if i got those numbers, was under 40 y/o and i had never cycled, i'd find a doc asap who would prescribe test cyp @ 200mg/week along with dex and HCG. they're out there.

out of curiosity, how is your libido? (i know it's not directly related to T)...musculature?...mood?

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Right now my libido is fine.

I have had trouble making any gains in the weight room for the last month or so despite a clean diet.

My mood is fairly stable.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I wonder how I would get Dr. D to notice this thread.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
IMO, you basically have a decision to make...

option 1 - accept your hormonal state, get all other factors dialed in and deal with the slower gains.

option 2 - get on permanent HRT, whether doctor prescribed or self-administered. yes, problem solved, but a whole other set of problems arises. also, HCG alone may be able to get you back in normal ranges, or it may not. either way you'll be taking SOMETHING for the next 40 years or so.

option 3 - try to track down the root cause of the low test and treat it. my personal guess is simple hypogonadism (albeit mild) which if true, would make this option useless...anyway, this may get you somewhere, it might not. working with a doctor on this is good if you have insurance.

option 4 - cycle. enjoy your time on juice, and when you're off, use non-hormonals (powerfull, IGF, AP, etc) to make gains you might not otherwise. when you get old and your wife doesnt want to screw anymore and you dont care about being soft, stop.

many men have dealt with low(er) test in all of the above ways. they're all valid and can be argued. it's a very personal choice, and should be whatever works best for you.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Thanks a million for the reply bro.

I think I'll take the cycle option to start out with.

Then perhaps go from there with HRT if nessasary.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks a million for the reply bro.

I think I'll take the cycle option to start out with.

Then perhaps go from there with HRT if nessasary.
that's the option i am taking too :head:

in 10 years or so when i'm done with all of it, they might have a SARM that will solve all our problems.