Help Understanding my Test results Please

Fun2Train

Awards
I have not done any steroids or cycles but wanted to have my bloodwork done first. I got a copy of the results and thought id share them with the hope someone could help me out a bit understanding them.

LIPID PROFILE 2
Total Cholesterol 180
HDL 47
LDL 110
CHOL/HDL Ratio 3.8
Triglycerides 114

Thryoid Profile 2
t3 31.9
T4 7.0
T7 2.2
TSH 1.32

HEPATIC FUNCTION PANEL A
PROTEIN, TOTAL 7.3
ALBUMIN 4.8
BILIRUBIN, TOTAL .5
BILIRUBIN, DIRECT .1
PHOSPHATASE, ALK 46
AST (SGOT) 40
ALT (SGPT) 44

GLOMERULAR FILTRATION RATE (CALC)
GFR, BLACK 101
GFR, NON-BLACK 83

CBC
WBC 5.3
RBC 5.2
HEMOGLOBIN 15.5
HEMATOCRIT 45
MCV 86.7
MCH 29.8
MCHC 34.4
RDW 12.9
PLATELET COUNT 194
NEUTROPHILS 40.4
LYMPHOCYTES 46.9
MONOCYTES 9.3
EOASINOPHILS 3.1
BASOPHILS .3

CMP
CALCIUM 9.8
GLUCOSE 85
BUN 23
CREATINE 1.06
PROTEIN, TOTAL 7.3
SODIUM 139
POTASSIUM 4.8
CARBON DIOXIDE 26
CHLORIDE 100

I noticed my AST, ALT seemed a bit high. Do you think it could be from me taking oxycodone/tylenol 5-6 times a day for past 4-5 months?? Also on my Urinalysis everything came back negative except trace amounts of bacteria. What can this mean? Any help suggestions or info would be greatly appreciated?? Thanks.

Fun2Train

Awards
wow, that's a joke right?
unfortuneatly not a joke, Got in wreck over year ago and got some nerve damage so doctor put me on some oxycodone/tylenol to help control the unimagineable migraines I would get from normal activities. Through physical therapy and some back alignments and traction on my neck combined with some predisone I have been able to get it cleared up. Im actually getting off next week, because you have to slowling stop taking it since its a narcotic type controlled substance. I was thinking of starting something like cycle support even though I have never done steroids just to help get my liver values down? How low is a good number before considering a cycle? thanks again for any info.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I don't know about oxycodone, but tylenol will raise your liver enzymes.

Fun2Train

Awards
I don't know about oxycodone, but tylenol will raise your liver enzymes.
Well I was taking oxycodone combined with about 1600mg Tylenol a day. Whats a good Value to aim for before any cycle?

Ripw4

Ripw4

Awards
Two things.
1) are you still taking the pain pills and tylenol..if so have your doctor prescribed oxycodone without APAP.. lot easier on the liver.
2) stay away from oral steroids unless your liver gets right!

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
You might want to supplement with some NAC. Should help you out a lot. Board sponsors carry it, and its cheap. Might want to look into milk thistle also.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
Your AST and ALT values look fine. They are on the higher side of the normal range, but it's not a big deal. These numbers can be significantly elevated just from lifting weights often.

Oxycodone does not stress your liver. The Tylenol also in the pills can stress your liver, but you're only taking 1600mg/day, a relatively low dose. The maximum recommended daily dose is 4000mg/day, but in reality most people can take 6000-10,000mg in a day without problems if they don't have liver disease.

If you're talking about an injectable cycle then I honestly wouldn't worry about the Tylenol. If you're planning to take methylated orals then it would be ideal to avoid Tylenol while on -cycle and during P.C.T. If you absolutely must take the Oxy+Tylenol while on-cycle: (a) keep the doses low and try not to take it everyday; (b) load up on extra NAC, this is actually what they use in hospitals for Tylenol OD.

Fun2Train

Awards
Your AST and ALT values look fine. They are on the higher side of the normal range, but it's not a big deal. These numbers can be significantly elevated just from lifting weights often.

Oxycodone does not stress your liver. The Tylenol also in the pills can stress your liver, but you're only taking 1600mg/day, a relatively low dose. The maximum recommended daily dose is 4000mg/day, but in reality most people can take 6000-10,000mg in a day without problems if they don't have liver disease.

If you're talking about an injectable cycle then I honestly wouldn't worry about the Tylenol. If you're planning to take methylated orals then it would be ideal to avoid Tylenol while on -cycle and during P.C.T. If you absolutely must take the Oxy+Tylenol while on-cycle: (a) keep the doses low and try not to take it everyday; (b) load up on extra NAC, this is actually what they use in hospitals for Tylenol OD.
Thank you very much. Very informative. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out. I never planned on any orals, just injectable Test E. 500mg/week or so. Again thanks a ton for your help and thanks to everyone else for there suggestions and tips as it is very much appreciated. Im just trying to make sure I go about this in a safe manner.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i would look into the inhibitory effects of painkillers on hypertrophy...it's well documented (i think)...also, i wouldnt use 17aa's if i could avoid them....but TS is right, your values arent super high. i am actually more concerned about your lipids, which again would be hammered alot more with a 17aa than injectables, typically.

more importantly than all this is - are you ready for juice? if you've never cycled, have you reached or at least gotten close to your "natural limit"? have you tried any of the very effective non-hormonals out there? some are fantastic. it's just a big step is all. i would see what's out there before i made the jump (if i was in your spot, that is...not that i regret the sweet, sweet embrace of the dark side)

Fun2Train

Awards
i would look into the inhibitory effects of painkillers on hypertrophy...it's well documented (i think)...also, i wouldnt use 17aa's if i could avoid them....but TS is right, your values arent super high. i am actually more concerned about your lipids, which again would be hammered alot more with a 17aa than injectables, typically.

more importantly than all this is - are you ready for juice? if you've never cycled, have you reached or at least gotten close to your "natural limit"? have you tried any of the very effective non-hormonals out there? some are fantastic. it's just a big step is all. i would see what's out there before i made the jump (if i was in your spot, that is...not that i regret the sweet, sweet embrace of the dark side)
Thanks a ton for the advice. I been doing research on steroids for about a year now, so im pretty informed. I have a very well structured diet and nutrition plan, 14 years of lifting experience and I have done so much research into it at least now I know what im getting into and what it is. That being said my natural test is actually a bit low and im going through a doctor to have all this monitored. Thanks again though for your advice and concerns, its very much appreciated.

papa G

Awards
If you must take the painkillers while on use the "cold water extraction tech" and extract most of the acetaminophen out. If done correctly you'll still keep 90% of the oxycodone without the liver toxicity. I used this when I hurt my knee and it works very well.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
Oxycodone can inhibit natural test production by inhibiting LH release. But this really becomes more of a problem at higher doses.

Same_Old is right: Your lipids could be better... but they're not that bad. Take some fish oil if you're not already.

Fun2Train

Awards
Oxycodone can inhibit natural test production by inhibiting LH release. But this really becomes more of a problem at higher doses.

Same_Old is right: Your lipids could be better... but they're not that bad. Take some fish oil if you're not already.
Thanks, Im taking fish oils, have been for about a year. I take fish oil, multi vitamin and green tea but I think I will go ahead and start some cycle support for a few weeks just to be safe. Thanks again everyone for the help.

Fun2Train

Awards
Well I just got back from the Doctors office and he said everything was good but wanted me to lose weight. Im 221 at 16.5% BF. I usually stay at around 10% when not bulking but im currently bulking on a pretty strict diet. Im just very easy gainer, muscle and fat unfortuneatly but I didnt think it was a problem. I think he was just looking at a chart and goes your 6'1" 221 and thats a little over your ideal weight.

My main concern though was after going over all my labs he said he was concerned about my liver values being so high. I thought it wasnt that high. I told him I dont drink/smoke or anything and he knows about the tylenol I take. He said he wanted me to get tested for Hepatitis now and I just had the bloodwork done. Little worried now about that. I want know anything until monday and hopefully it all comes back negative. But with my test results AST (SGOT) 40 and ALT (SGPT) 44 I really thought it was just barely over the normal range and was nothing to be concerned, now im all bent out of shape about having to be tested for hepatitis. Any thoughts? Am I just being overly concerned and a worry wart? Again to everyone thanks in advance for all your help.

m4gnum

m4gnum

Awards
Well I just got back from the Doctors office and he said everything was good but wanted me to lose weight. Im 221 at 16.5% BF. I usually stay at around 10% when not bulking but im currently bulking on a pretty strict diet. Im just very easy gainer, muscle and fat unfortuneatly but I didnt think it was a problem. I think he was just looking at a chart and goes your 6'1" 221 and thats a little over your ideal weight.

My main concern though was after going over all my labs he said he was concerned about my liver values being so high. I thought it wasnt that high. I told him I dont drink/smoke or anything and he knows about the tylenol I take. He said he wanted me to get tested for Hepatitis now and I just had the bloodwork done. Little worried now about that. I want know anything until monday and hopefully it all comes back negative. But with my test results AST (SGOT) 40 and ALT (SGPT) 44 I really thought it was just barely over the normal range and was nothing to be concerned, now im all bent out of shape about having to be tested for hepatitis. Any thoughts? Am I just being overly concerned and a worry wart? Again to everyone thanks in advance for all your help.
I had mono a while back, pretty mild case, but the doctor had me come in for a checkup eight weeks after I had gotten symptoms. She gave me a blood test and my liver values were identical to yours. She said that it could have been caused by mono but they wanted to do the blood test again and a piss test "just in case". Second test showed the same - everything OK but liver enzymes on the high side. She said that they don't really worry about those until they're in the hundreds, and that I was OK. Then she sent me a $1000 bill for the bloodwork. Some doctors just suck. If they don't worry about it until the values are significantly elevated, why did I need another blood test?

Fun2Train

Awards
I had mono a while back, pretty mild case, but the doctor had me come in for a checkup eight weeks after I had gotten symptoms. She gave me a blood test and my liver values were identical to yours. She said that it could have been caused by mono but they wanted to do the blood test again and a piss test "just in case". Second test showed the same - everything OK but liver enzymes on the high side. She said that they don't really worry about those until they're in the hundreds, and that I was OK. Then she sent me a $1000 bill for the bloodwork. Some doctors just suck. If they don't worry about it until the values are significantly elevated, why did I need another blood test?
Damn, my bloodwork was only like 60 bucks. She got you good. sorry to hear that. Im hoping its just precautionary measures, and after doing some research im not really worried much about it now. thanks for the info though.