Propecia and first cycle

johnny97

Awards
I am about to start my first cycle which will be Havoc.

About 5-6 months ago i lost a decent amount of hair and went to the doctor and got a script for propecia.

I never ended up using it because i heard it may hinder muscle gains. And id rather be bald and big then small with a full head of hair.

so 2 questions

1. Since i am expecting to lose some hair on the cycle would now be a good time to start? I wouldnt care if its just a lil but i have heard some people do phera cycles and claim to losing 20 percent of thier hair. Or would it be better just to hold off and hope for the best?

2. Does propecia really hinder muscle gains? Would it interfere w/ my cycle?

getreal

Awards
I am about to start my first cycle which will be Havoc.

About 5-6 months ago i lost a decent amount of hair and went to the doctor and got a script for propecia.

I never ended up using it because i heard it may hinder muscle gains. And id rather be bald and big then small with a full head of hair.

so 2 questions

1. Since i am expecting to lose some hair on the cycle would now be a good time to start? I wouldnt care if its just a lil but i have heard some people do phera cycles and claim to losing 20 percent of thier hair. Or would it be better just to hold off and hope for the best?

2. Does propecia really hinder muscle gains? Would it interfere w/ my cycle?
Sounds like you already made your decision, to be bald and big rarther than small with a full rug.

I would take the finasteride while im cycling just to see how much hair you can save, I doubt it would hinder your gains too much, just remember though, propecia allready has a battle on its hands as it is, without extra hormones added to the fight.

Cardinal

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I personally doubt it would interfere all that much. I have no evidence to back that up. But steroids? They are pretty strong.....

Keep in mind you can go topical. Try an Azaleic acid/minoxidil mix or even look into spiro depending on what you are using.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
Propecia works by reducing the amount of DHT your body naturally produces. It doesn't block the androgen receptor, so it won't interfere with gains from Havoc or any other steroid.

There's some debate on whether Propecia will inhibit natural strength gains.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Propecia works by reducing the amount of DHT your body naturally produces. It doesn't block the androgen receptor, so it won't interfere with gains from Havoc or any other steroid.

There's some debate on whether Propecia will inhibit natural strength gains.
finasteride can certainly interfere with gains from testosterone administration...well, it has the potential to, and certainly does for me.

but you're right about the havoc - there is absolutely NO reason to run a 5AR inhibitor with it. havoc is already 5A-reduced; there is no reduction to inhibit...the finasteride will only act upon the natty T you're making, which will be less than normal as the steroid will suppress you.