Is it a no no to mix Proscar and Deca? - AnabolicMinds.com

Is it a no no to mix Proscar and Deca?

1. Senior Member

Is it a no no to mix Proscar and Deca?

I've read that it can accelerate hair loss. Is there truth to this? Is it true only if your predisposed to hair loss or will it just make it fall out in everyone? Any other conflicts? Please let me know.

2. Board Supporter

i told u this at bodybuilding.com bro , Although deca does not convert to DHT it does converts to DHN. DHN is less androgenic than deca. Now if the conversion of nandrolone to DHN is prevented then there is more active nandrolone ,which is by far more androgenic than nandrolone.
  3. Senior Member

Originally posted by raybravo
    i told u this at bodybuilding.com bro , Although deca does not convert to DHT it does converts to DHN. DHN is less androgenic than deca. Now if the conversion of nandrolone to DHN is prevented then there is more active nandrolone ,which is by far more androgenic than nandrolone.
    I was not aware that proscar prevented this conversion of nadrolone to DHN.

Does Saw Palmetto do the same thing?
    •   

4. Board Supporter

Extracts of Saw palmetto contain phyosterols that reportedly inhibit 5 a-reductase activity, i'm thinking , its somewhat the same way as finasteride.
  5. Senior Member

So, I will rapidly loose hair, for sure, if I mix deca and saw palmetto? I never saw that anywear. I guess we will see what happens then. I think it is safe to say that Saw P. has much diminished ability to actually 5-a reduct and therefore it's a lesser risk than with finasteride. Would you agree?

I appreciate you taking the time Ray, thanks a million. How bout any other of your guru's. Thoughts or epierences with this would be great.
  6. Board Supporter

Originally posted by windwords7
    So, I will rapidly loose hair, for sure, if I mix deca and saw palmetto? I never saw that anywear. I guess we will see what happens then. I think it is safe to say that Saw P. has much diminished ability to actually 5-a reduct and therefore it's a lesser risk than with finasteride. Would you agree?

honestly , i'm just guessing about the saw palmetto , neither have i used it , but i think i agree its a lesser risk than finasteride ,but i'm again , just talking from theory here .
  7. Dio

Saw palmetto may inhibit 5ar in the prostate, which would be a bad idea for you Jake.

As far as the hair loss issue is concerned, it's probably overstated, but there's a chance it might cause more shedding than would normally happen.
  8. Senior Member

Dio, I have a scrip for proscar already. It's actually a good thing for the swollen prostate. Saw P has the same function so why would it be bad for me? Thanks.
  9. Dio

proscar will strength the androgenic effects of deca. In any other instance reducing 5ar would be a good thing, but as stated above deca actually reduces to a milder androgen. So you'd actually be hitting your hair line and prostate harder.

IMO, in most cases it's probably not a big deal, but since you have a pre-existing problem I would not mess with it.
  10. Senior Member

Cool Dio, thanks, I understand.
  11. New Member

Originally posted by raybravo
    That's a typo right? Should read rather that, since nandrolone is a far greater androgen than DHN, you're better off just accepting the 5 alpha reduced version (dihydronandrolone) rather than try to prevent conversion and thus ending up with androgens even harder on the scalp?
  12. Board Supporter

nandralone is converting to DHN , which is not as androgenic , so u want to stay with the less androgenic version . in simple words . whats hard to understand there ?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Is it ever too late to treat gyno?
    By camaroguy18 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-16-2007, 10:52 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-11-2007, 01:31 PM
  3. Is it ever too late to start PCT?
    By mb_007 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-26-2006, 06:18 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-31-2004, 01:52 PM
  5. Is it possible for 4Derm to hold more 4AD???
    By hardlyworkin in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-12-2004, 03:45 AM