test question.

jdmhatch3

jdmhatch3

Awards
im currentlly reasearching for a test cycle. one question i have is when pinning test what gauge needle should you use?

sikboy

sikboy

Awards
im currentlly reasearching for a test cycle. one question i have is when pinning test what gauge needle should you use?
Depends on where ya pin.

23g 1-1.5 are good for glutes, 25 g 1 inch for everywhere else.

You might wanna draw the gear up first with an 18 or 20 guage needle, then switch needles for the injection.

www.spotinjections.com

xxtruxx1

xxtruxx1

Awards
  • Established
I'd go with 25g for pinning (less scar tissue), 18 for drawing, unless you don't mind being there forever.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
I'd go with 25g for pinning (less scar tissue), 18 for drawing, unless you don't mind being there forever.
23g 1.5" for Glutes, 25g 1" everywhere else. 20g to draw. 18g are horrible at chewing up the butyl.. but by all means use them if you want to drastically increase the chance of getting small chunks of grey butyl floating in your multi-dose vial... further increasing the chance of an abcess. ;)

T

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
maybe thats why 23 1.5's hurt my quads so much

xxtruxx1

xxtruxx1

Awards
  • Established
23g 1.5" for Glutes, 25g 1" everywhere else. 20g to draw. 18g are horrible at chewing up the butyl.. but by all means use them if you want to drastically increase the chance of getting small chunks of grey butyl floating in your multi-dose vial... further increasing the chance of an abcess. ;)
I only enter the rubber top from one puncture. I use the same puncture each & every time, along with inspecting the vial while wiping it down with an alky pad.

Pre-med=OCD. It wouldn't slip by me.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
depends on how much meat you got too. Im with ubi on the 20g for drawing. Even with 20g once in a couple of vials ill get a chunk of butyl in there. 25g 1" for most all bodyparts and 23g 1.5" for glutes or ventroglutes and even quads but if you can find 25gauge 1" and 25g 1.5" i would buy both. Less scar tissue and also less pain even if ever so slightly.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
I only enter the rubber top from one puncture. I use the same puncture each & every time, along with inspecting the vial while wiping it down with an alky pad.

Pre-med=OCD. It wouldn't slip by me.
XXtruxx, that's even worse.. the 18g in the same place compromises the seal.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
thats what i was thinking but im no expert just a beginner. I personally try to pick a spot on the stopper where i feel might not have ever been pierced before. using the center many times led me to have chunks of butyl in my first vial.

xxtruxx1

xxtruxx1

Awards
  • Established
XXtruxx, that's even worse.. the 18g in the same place compromises the seal.
How so? They teach us when enterring a rubber top to draw from the same puncture if possible as apposed to repuncturing the seal. It makes sense because if you're constantly poking wholes with a larger gauged needle through the top, there will come a point where it looks like swiss cheese.

sikboy

sikboy

Awards
When i used to use vials, i didnt have that problem, even when i used 18 g to draw, saying that a 10 ml vial wont go far when you inject 2 ml ed.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
How so? They teach us when enterring a rubber top to draw from the same puncture if possible as apposed to repuncturing the seal. It makes sense because if you're constantly poking wholes with a larger gauged needle through the top, there will come a point where it looks like swiss cheese.
It would invariably lead to a larger hole. I would think it's common sense. Constantly damaging one hole, where you couldn't possible hit the EXACT spot at the EXACT same angle multiple times, or hitting a different area, slightly off the one from last. It's more of a problem in 50ml jugs than 10ml vials obviously.

One thing to keep in mind is that not all butyl rubber stoppers are equal. Some are very poor (cheap), and unfortunately those come up a lot in UG labs.

When you say "they", you are referring to the medical community? Sorry, I don't really know your backstory.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Weight Loss 14
A 35 and Older 1
E Anabolics 13
Gothat3rs Anabolics 5
M Anabolics 2