3-Alpha Transdermal

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Obese Member

3-Alpha Transdermal

The price on bulk 3-alpha powder is now down to $5/gram. Now that the price is in line with other hormones (such as 1-test), I was considering adding it to my 1-test/TNE transdermal. Bill Llewellyn had stated that 3-alphas bioavailability is probably very low. I have read a few testimonials that it was very effective as a transdermal. The downside would be its negative effects on the prostate and possible increased hair growth at the site of application. Otherwise, it may make for a very effective lean mass stack.

Has anyone tried 3-alpha transderamally or have any thoughts in general when used as a transdermal pro-hormone?

2. Board Supporter

bump...I'm curious as well
  3. Registered User

I have been using it for the past 3 weeks. This is the tail end of a 1-Test cylce. I added it to a 1-Test transdermal. I have not noticed any hair growth at all. My stregnth and hardness have gone up though. Good stuff.

HUGE
    •   

4. Obese Member

Originally posted by HUGE
    I have been using it for the past 3 weeks. This is the tail end of a 1-Test cylce. I added it to a 1-Test transdermal. I have not noticed any hair growth at all. My stregnth and hardness have gone up though. Good stuff.

Thanks for the feedback. How much are you running per day?
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

I am also interested in this.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  6. Registered User

I will have to go back and check my numbers.

HUGE
  7. Obese Member

More food for thought. Much of this applies to stacking 3-Alpha with either Test or 4-AD

1. DHT binds to the AR about 3-4 times better than testosterone.
    2. DHT will reduce the amount of estrogen aromatized by the testosterone because DHT has a strong affinity for the aromatize enzyme yet does not use its structural makekup. Thus there are less aromatize enzymes for the other steroids (such as testosterone) to use to form estrogen.
    3. DHT should work synergistically and increase the effectiveness of circulating testosterone. DHT does this by it affinity to binding to the sex steroids, sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) and albumin. Usually, a large amount of circulating testosterone cannot be used for anabolic purposes because it is largely bound by these sex steroids (from Big Cats Steroid Profiles). Thus, when testosterone is stacked along with a DHT compound, the DHT will take up most of these proteins allowing the testosterone to exert greater anabolic effects (even at lower dosages).
    4. When stacking with DHT, there is not need for an anti-aromatize such a letrozole because of its ability to act as a strong anti-aromatize itself.
    5. DHT should help with the lethargy normally associated with 1-test

Adding DHT to any test or 4-AD stack should make for a very good lean mass summer stack. Currently, I am on a four week 1-test/TNE cycle. I am going to add 3-Alpha to my stack for the last two weeks of the cycle (starting Tuesday). I will report the results. I will be going with:

225 mgs 1-test/day
    225 mgs TNE/day
    150 mgs 3-Alpha/day
  8. Registered User

Looking for more feedback on this. I'm thinking of going with this with some 1-Test and 1,4 DIOL.
  9. Registered User

I'm woking with a guy right now and were going to mix him up 2 8oz bottles of base gel with 5 grams per bottle. Should be very cool indeed. I loved 3A and had great results on it.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

I feel that I am experiecing some prostate enlargement on the oral 3 alpha despite using formastat and saw palmetto (might have been a bit late adding the formastat as I was already a week in). It might be my imagination but I have decided to stop using it.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  11. Registered User

Originally posted by DreamWeaver
    I feel that I am experiecing some prostate enlargement on the oral 3 alpha despite using formastat and saw palmetto (might have been a bit late adding the formastat as I was already a week in). It might be my imagination but I have decided to stop using it.
    What symptoms were you expeirncing?
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Well I am just feeling some discomfort in that are and some burning when I urimate and some minor difficutly in urination. Like I said they're not major symptoms and it could be my imagination but I just don't want to take any chances.
  13. Registered User

How much Saw P were you taking?
  14. Registered User

What was your dosage and what else were you stacking it with?
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

300 mg a day I was stacking with 1,4 Andro 900 mg I am taking 1500 mg of saw Palmetto a day.
  16. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Board Sponsor

Well I am just feeling some discomfort in that are and some burning when I urimate and some minor difficutly in urination. Like I said they're not major symptoms and it could be my imagination but I just don't want to take any chances.
    I am NOT an expert by any means so take this for what it is worth.

That sounds almost like a urinary tract infection.

Prostate problem signs many time are peeing often but not much comes out. And dribbling pee, weak stream

Prostate problems can actually be caused from urinary track infections, in this case it usally does not cause the prostate to enlarge but it will HURT and cause prostatitis.

I am sure WW7 can give you good info having gone through it himself I believe.
  17. Registered User

what is the correlation like between DHT and Hairloss, and at what doses?
  18. Obese Member

Originally posted by Zack
    what is the correlation like between DHT and Hairloss, and at what doses?

If you have a genetic predisposition to hair loss, it will accelerate it.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Yes I am peeing more often and there is a definite decrease in volume.
  20. Registered User

Yes I am peeing more often and there is a definite decrease in volume.
    That sucks, let us know how it everything works out.
  21. Registered User

Bow or anyone else, have you found anymore info on running this as a transdermal? My window of opportunity is closing to make a decision, and I think this would be great to combine with some 1-Test, & 1,4 DIOL.
  22. Registered User

It's a very effective dermal from all accounts.
  23. Obese Member

The accounts on dermal 3-alpha are slim.  The raw powder has only been available for a little over a month.  That said, the few testomonials there are have been favorable and it also pencils out on very well on paper as a trandermal (especially when stacked with some type of test or 4-AD).

I am adding it today to my 1-test/TNE cycle.  I'll let you know how it goes.
  24. Registered User

Talk to 1fast, he has plenty of info on it.
  25. Banned

I ran 300mg 3-Beta/300mg 1-Test/150mg 4-AD for 20 days and experienced VERY good results. (3-beta would obviously yield similiar results to the alpha)

Drastic increases in strength (VERY drastic) increases in leanness and muscle hardness. All increases were substantial compared to previous cycles of 1-test and 4-ad alone which yielded good size, but not near the strength gains/muscle hardening effects of the 3-beta.
  26. Obese Member

Originally posted by chosen5
    3-beta would obviously yield similiar results to the alpha
    3-Alpha converts to DHT at a rate of about 43% where 3-Beta (otherwise known as 5-AA) converts at about 9%. Thus, 3-Alpha should be considerably more effective.
  27. Banned

Originally posted by bow

3-Alpha converts to DHT at a rate of about 43% where 3-Beta (otherwise known as 5-AA) converts at about 9%. Thus, 3-Alpha should be considerably more effective.
    I meant "similiar" as it [beta] iliciting the same anabolic/androgenic effects as the [alpha], obviously their conversions differ, but beta is still economically more economical
  28. Registered User

Everything I read about taking it orally sounds like the sides far outweigh the benefits. Am I correct on this? If so then I would obviously have to transdermal. Now the hard part I don't homebrew.
  29. Registered User

won't this stuff kill your hairline?
  30. Obese Member

Originally posted by NPursuit
    Everything I read about taking it orally sounds like the sides far outweigh the benefits. Am I correct on this?
    Yes. Transdermal is always going to safer and more effective because it bypasses first pass metabolism. Therefore, it is less toxic and you can take it at lower dosages.

Note that I am going with 150 mg's a day (starting today) transdermally. The oral recomended dosage is 300 mg's a day. I am assuming (and yes this is a wild hairy ass guess) that the trandermal is going to be at least twice as effective as oral adminstration at raising DHT blood plasma levels. This is how I established the 150 mg/day starting point.

Originally posted by NPursuit
    If so then I would obviously have to transdermal. Now the hard part I don't homebrew.
    You don't have to. Just buy the t-gel and add the raw powder. Can't get any easier.
  31. Obese Member

Originally posted by buffjerseyguy
    won't this stuff kill your hairline?

Yes, it will speed up hair loss if the gene for androgenetic alpecia (male pattern hair loss) is present. However, this is a genetic trait and the gene is passed through the X chromosome. Anotherwords, if you granddad on your moms side is bald, you probably have the gene and 3-Alpha will speed the rate of hair loss. If you dont have the gene, you will most likely keep your ugly rug
  32. Banned

This has nothing to do with the subject, but is that a painting or a tattoo on Bow? The colors look way to pastel to be a tattoo.
  33. Obese Member

Originally posted by Jedi Master
    This has nothing to do with the subject, but is that a painting or a tattoo on Bow? The colors look way to pastel to be a tattoo.

Painting. It is the Burning Man symbol. Very fun party with about 30 thousand people in the middle of the Nevada desert.
  34. Banned

I used 300 mgs 3-Alpha (oral) in a 6 week stack with 600 mgs 1,4 andro and 4-AD trans. I was very pleased with the results and suffered no sides at all.
  35. Banned

Originally posted by John Benz
    and suffered no sides at all.
    Thats because you're a barbarian!!

36. Registered User

Originally posted by bow
    You don't have to. Just buy the t-gel and add the raw powder. Can't get any easier.
    To get the desired 150mg a day, how much 3-alpha did you add into the gel (I'd be using Avant Labs PH gel) and how many squirts a day?

Thanks

First post
  37. Registered User

winwords? what were your gains on the 3-alpha dermal? did you keep your gains?
  38. Registered User

By that time I had gained almost all the weight that I would gain for that cycle and I kept all but a few pounds of it. 3 Alpha did help me solidfy those gains and get harder I believe.
  39. Registered User

winwords... wait so you used the dermal or pill form?
  40. Registered User

I used pill. There was no dermal option unitl recently.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. BDCC's Sustain Alpha Transdermal Log
    By bdcc in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 12-11-2011, 09:19 PM
  2. 3 Alpha Transdermal
    By badbart in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-21-2005, 01:54 PM
  3. 3-alpha transdermal and m4ohn
    By Bennett in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-09-2004, 01:34 PM
  4. 3-alpha / 1,4 andro - how much transdermal?
    By HUGE in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-03-2003, 10:57 AM
  5. 3-alpha transdermal.. another question
    By Sanosuke in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-02-2003, 08:32 PM