Is Roid Rage a real problem??

Fun2Train

Awards
Iv heard about people on steroids having uncontrollable bouts of rage and for most part im sure it has been over exaggerated. So how big a problem is steroid rage? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Its a complete myth. There is no such thing.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Roid rage is the inability to control ones anger that would be there regardless of drug placed in the body. Some people use it as an excuse to lash out much like some use alcohol as one to do things they nomrally wouldn't do.

Aggression can be heightened of course but the lack of control doesn't leave your body unless you let it or were previously afflicted with mental disease/defect.

Fun2Train

Awards
Roid rage is the inability to control ones anger that would be there regardless of drug placed in the body. Some people use it as an excuse to lash out much like some use alcohol as one to do things they nomrally wouldn't do.

Aggression can be heightened of course but the lack of control doesn't leave your body unless you let it or were previously afflicted with mental disease/defect.
Thank you very much. I was just concerned because I have a bad temper but I can keep my rage in check and I dont lose my temper rarely. I can see where when you take steroids you can get a little more cocky because of the increased Test and strength levels but glad to see it does not affect your ability to control your rage. Thanks again for the well informed info.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well i wouldnt really say its a COMPLETE myth.

im a pretty mellow guy and tren turns me into an award winning *******. Trenbolone does this to a lot of people, along with some of the other more androgenic steroids.

for me it is a throw up between trenbolone and m1t for the worst mood altering steroids. it is subtle, and hard to notice at first. little things will annoy you that never really bothered you before, but eventually you will realize it is a particular steroid you are taking and at that point it becomes an issue of self control.

unless you have a mental predisposition to violence and/or anger issues, recognizing and controlling this possible side effect wont be a problem.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Well i wouldnt really say its a COMPLETE myth.

im a pretty mellow guy and tren turns me into an award winning *******. Trenbolone does this to a lot of people, along with some of the other more androgenic steroids.

for me it is a throw up between trenbolone and m1t for the worst mood altering steroids. it is subtle, and hard to notice at first. little things will annoy you that never really bothered you before, but eventually you will realize it is a particular steroid you are taking and at that point it becomes an issue of self control.

unless you have a mental predisposition to violence and/or anger issues, recognizing and controlling this possible side effect wont be a problem.
^^^ Agree. I have not used Tren (yet) but M1T turns me into a prick. My wife will vouch. :D

papa G

Awards
Superdrol can be pretty bad for temper. (At least for me)

Fun2Train

Awards
Superdrol can be pretty bad for temper. (At least for me)
Well hopefully I will not have much problem with just 500mg Test E. and maybe a little Deca, but more then likely just Test E. Thanks again everyone, very much appreciated.

size

Awards
  • Established
"Roid rage" may occur in the sense that individuals have a shorter fuse or reach an agggressive state more quickly. However, this can be the case with any sort of hormonal manipulation.
The best way to avoid the situation would be to understand that an individual has choices in how one behaves.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
I had a lot of iritability when I had low T, I did lash out sometimes but didnt have enough energy to call it rage.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
MY wife gets it pretty bad every 25 days

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well hopefully I will not have much problem with just 500mg Test E. and maybe a little Deca, but more then likely just Test E. Thanks again everyone, very much appreciated.
You might experience an overall "good feeling" when on Test...at least that's what I have read (not being sarcastic....never tried it but a lot of people talk about a feeling of well being on Test).

MY wife gets it pretty bad every 25 days
Ha ha...mine too...they both must be on roids!

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
Many MANY people go the other way. When I'm ON almost nothing can get me mad. I pretty much feel high the whole time and never ever lose my temper. Craziness..... depends on the person and probably the timing of their life too. If you're in stressful situations, I don't think you're going to snap, but perhaps you'd get a little more annoyed quickly.

Personally I love being on... I feel awesome.

GFH

Awards
read Legal Muscle... he does a good job of covering the majority of myths that come with gear use. I believe its a combination of your personality (type a), a self-fulfilling prophecy, and to some degree an increase in aggressiveness from gear. Tren is supposed to be pretty bad for anger issues.

b dad

Awards
i know a lot of people on stuff that are the nicest people in the world. it depends on who you are when you are not on. i have i big problem with men in general, a very bad temper. i can control myself most of the time, but it is work for me.but when i am on a cycle my temper and my irritability is that times 100. that is why i have never taken any hard juice. believe it or not winny makes me a complete ****.....go figure

SecretOfSteel

Awards
Basically, its an excuse for someone who's already a jerk to act like an even bigger jerk

Now, don't get me wrong - any androgenic drug is going to shorten your fuse - I notice it a lot especially in traffic, but I never went balls out ape**** like Jimmy on South Park

I HAVE experienced one really bad instance where my girlfriend did something while I was on and I literally saw red and felt my blood just burning . . . but I took a deep breath and calmed down and it passed.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Basically, its an excuse for someone who's already a jerk to act like an even bigger jerk

Now, don't get me wrong - any androgenic drug is going to shorten your fuse - I notice it a lot especially in traffic, but I never went balls out ape**** like Jimmy on South Park

I HAVE experienced one really bad instance where my girlfriend did something while I was on and I literally saw red and felt my blood just burning . . . but I took a deep breath and calmed down and it passed.
"You leave me, I'll kill you *****!...(While beating his girlfriend) Why couldn't you have just done what you were told, huh?! Why did you make me do it?!"

Or how about that homosexual on MTV's True Life: I'm on Steroids - "If they want me to roid rage on their ass, I'll roid rage on their ass!"

bigred869

Awards
  • Established
You might experience an overall "good feeling" when on Test...
That's exactly how I feel. When I'm on test I always have a surge of confidence, but the only time I ever "raged" was my very first test cycle of human grade Cypionate only taking 250mg/wk and that wasn't even really a rage. What happened was, a couple hours after my work-out, I'd just be chillin watching TV or something and all of a sudden, I'd get this surge of energy in my pecs and the only way to relieve it was to stretch and flex, start punching my mattress, or do like 30 push ups. I'd pay double to get that feeling back again.

Fun2Train

Awards
......something while I was on and I literally saw red and felt my blood just burning . . . but I took a deep breath and calmed down and it passed.
This happens to me now sometimes. I used to never have a temper but in the past few years it has gotten worse and seems to be peaking now and im fixing to turn 29. I can sometimes just feel my blood boiling over something completely stupid and ridiculous, I have to stand back and take deep breath to calm down. So you can see why im a little concerned about taking some Test-E. I think ima stick with just 500mg /week for now. Im really hoping I get some of those "good feelings" from it and not the anger, actually hoping maybe I have a better fuse not a shorter one, but either way I will make a concerned effort to watch how I feel and react to stuff. Thanks for tips everyone.

gators52

gators52

Awards
  • Established
bumping this.

My theory on "roid rage" is that it's a myth for most compounds. With me I think it's more of the fact that i got bigger and I sometimes tend to think i can take on the world.

Example. Tonight at a resturant I got attitude from the manager. (my dad is a manger at another branch and i get free food but this guy thought he was God and wouldnt let me use my card that I have which allows me to get free food). I was with two girls (both good friends), and this guy was a complete ****, and a short fat bald guy. I gave the dude a little attitude right back but I almost blew a fuse and was this close to standing up and getting in the guys face. When i get mad it's not so much as my actions but my facial expression which tells it, I think the girls got a little scared when they saw my face as this guy gave me attitude. We get back in the car, and one of the girls says did you have a little "roid rage". I thought it was kinda funny. (i'm not even on cycle i'm one week into pct)

P4D2A022

P4D2A022

Awards
  • Established
^ haha.. maybe some test still in ur system?

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
Trenbolone and Miberolone are the only compounds I have used that have heightened my aggression enough for me to take note.

I feel fine, if not better, on other compounds.

gators52

gators52

Awards
  • Established
Plus I think most guys would of lost a fuse in my situation, getting called out by a **** while out to dinner with two girls. Just goes to show you that people dont just get angry b/c they are on AAS. I was never close to this mad while on cycle.

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established
Just for a different context: For guys with low T, they find little irritations very frustrating and can then be angry about little things. When they get on TRT and get their hormones balanced, they do not have problems like that. So with low T they cannot cope well and with T they are fine.

gators52

gators52

Awards
  • Established
Just for a different context: For guys with low T, they find little irritations very frustrating and can then be angry about little things. When they get on TRT and get their hormones balanced, they do not have problems like that. So with low T they cannot cope well and with T they are fine.

I've heard low T/starting pct is more of a PMS feeling rather than a rage feeling. I know when i took some natural test booster (rebound reloaded) a while back and my test went up and estrogen went down, I was PMS'ing, and i'm definitely not getting that feeling right now.

dead_i_katid

dead_i_katid

Awards
if your normally a a little *****y , i believe having a **** load of test in you will make it come out more and more often, not everyone gets it tho

brugalou

brugalou

Awards
  • Established
I was taking a natural t-booster called viraloid for about 5 wks and when I use to lose my temper it would take me 30-45min to calm down. I usually have a temper but not that bad but I do deal with *******s when I bounce at the club. I hope that halo-50 doesn't get me the same way.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
many good points here....my experience is this....like with alcohol if your a jag before a drink, altering your brain chemisty might make you a BIGGER jag, when i used to drink beer i was fine but something in whiskey made me more aggitated....sounds like the same thing here, certain compounds make some people more easily pissed than others. try and determine which one doesn't get to you in that way and your good to go......trial and error is in order

gators52

gators52

Awards
  • Established
It's also important to note there is a difference between rage and getting irritated via PMS like.