Air in Syringe - Good or Bad? - AnabolicMinds.com

Air in Syringe - Good or Bad?

  1. Blesum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    167
    Rep Power
    203

    Reputation

    Air in Syringe - Good or Bad?


    From Spotinjections.com:
    Get all bubbles out of the needle - flick it until they rise to the top and then push them through the needle - make sure you get them completely out of the needle as well
    It makes it sound like there should be no air whatsoever being injected.

    Yet a nurse (this is prescribed HRT from a doctor) advised adding about .1 cc of air into the top of the syringe so that it's the last thing to come out of the needle. She said the purpose was to help minimize testo from oozing back out. I also figured it would be a good way to get every last bit of testo out of the needle as well.

    Good or bad?

    Need to inject later today, hope to know the answer by then.

    -Blesum

  2. Luke667's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    88
    Rep Power
    140

    Reputation

    as far as i know....air in a syringe will lead to a blood clot...and death!
  3. Blesum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    167
    Rep Power
    203

    Reputation

    I've had IV's hooked up several times where there were air bubbles going right into my vein and every time I pointed this out, the doctors and/or nurses said not to worry about it.

    I used to think it would kill me but that hasn't happened yet...

    -Blesum
    •   
       

  4. gogo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    642
    Rep Power
    427

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Luke667
    as far as i know....air in a syringe will lead to a blood clot...and death!
    That is only if you are injecting into a vein.
    You inject steroids into muscle tissue, so a little bit of air bubbles will not be a problem.
  5. Blesum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    167
    Rep Power
    203

    Reputation

    Should I, or should I not be purposefully adding a little bit of air to the end of the injection?

    Still wonderin'.

    -Blesum
  6. 800mrunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    103
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    its nothing to worry about....

    its only dangerous when a certain amount is injected directly into the vain.
  7. jomi822's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,419
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    a little air wont kill you, .1 CC is fine
  8. HellTownPlaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    114

    Reputation

    i would think it woud cause more irritation in my opinion
  9. Iron Warrior's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,328
    Rep Power
    13068

    Reputation

    No biggie bro, I always get a tiny bit of air after I aspirate but I'm still alive
  10. meowmeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    548
    Rep Power
    385

    Reputation

    BUT don't purposefully fill the syringe w/ air. You may end up hiting a vein and you probably want to minimize the injected air that enters the vein in such a case.
  11. Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    Aspiration essentially 'packs' the compound into the tissue, and a very small amount is beneficial. It would take an exorbinant amount of air to cause any damage, oil embolisms are what you should worry about.
  12. Ubiquitous's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  231 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,462
    Rep Power
    1848

    Reputation

    The air bubbles would be absorbed quickly in the bloodstream. Air is nothing to worry about unless you took a 5cc barrel full of air and jacked it right in.. The case is out on exactly how much air it takes to kill you, but it ranges from 5cc to 30cc to give you an idea how much people differ in opinion.

    Mullet is right.. oil in the vein is more hazardous than the air.
  13. jdahlum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    38
    Posts
    86
    Rep Power
    155

    Reputation

    A small air bubble near the plunger used to be a recommended practice in order to empty the syringe completely and keep any gear from rising to the surface after you withdraw the needle. Nothing wrong with doing that. You would need a LARGE amount of air directly into a vien before it would be a problem.
  14. Blesum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    167
    Rep Power
    203

    Reputation

    Thank you everybody for chiming in. I will continue this practice then. I want to get every single drop of my cyp into me, and not have any of it leak out.

    :bb2:

    -Blesum
  15. bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,697
    Rep Power
    513131

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jdahlum
    A small air bubble near the plunger used to be a recommended practice in order to empty the syringe completely and keep any gear from rising to the surface after you withdraw the needle. Nothing wrong with doing that. You would need a LARGE amount of air directly into a vien before it would be a problem.

    Like really large I am discovering. On an IV, it takes several feet of air in the lines to pose a threat. That would translate to several CC's in the veins to get an air embolism going.

    The bigger threat...infection. 70,000 to 100,000 people die each year from "line" infections acquired at the hospital from IV's and injections. Be clean..be real clean!
  16. getreal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    135

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bioman
    Like really large I am discovering. On an IV, it takes several feet of air in the lines to pose a threat. That would translate to several CC's in the veins to get an air embolism going.

    The bigger threat...infection. 70,000 to 100,000 people die each year from "line" infections acquired at the hospital from IV's and injections. Be clean..be real clean!
    Im sticking with orals, much safer than having to worry about "did i inject properly, did any oil or air pass through my vein, did i inject too much into a certain muscle, did i stick the pin in deep enough to hit the muscle?" If the injection procedure does't kill me, the anxiety would.

    I don't know why iv'e got these amps, i was gonna do i test only cycle as it was the "safest" to do, but instead im gonna do a dbol only instead. And yes I have been to ***********.com and it say's injecting is child's play , yeah right like i'm gonna take the chance.
  17. Blesum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    167
    Rep Power
    203

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by getreal
    Im sticking with orals, much safer than...
    That's for another topic...

    -Blesum
  18. bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,697
    Rep Power
    513131

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Once I got past the first injection..I realized how silly my fears were (I was really nervous). Just imagine how many minor puncture wounds you have gotten over your lifetime..cactus, nails, staples, thorns et cetera are all more damaging than a well controlled, ultra sharp syringe.

    Not trying to influence anybody one way or another, just giving some perspective.
  19. Irish Cannon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,615
    Rep Power
    74317

    Reputation Reputation

    I always pull back on the plunger to make sure I get all the oil out of the first needle for when I switch the needles out. There is always a little air in the syringe; after 12 weeks of ED injections, I still never had a problem.
  20. getreal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    135

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon
    I always pull back on the plunger to make sure I get all the oil out of the first needle for when I switch the needles out. There is always a little air in the syringe; after 12 weeks of ED injections, I still never had a problem.
    I so want to a test e cycle this summer, im ready to go as well.
  21. pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,105
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by getreal
    I so want to a test e cycle this summer, im ready to go as well.
    you just said in the post before that you were going to use orals only.You dont got the balls and if you dont want to inject then you must not need to imo. Not tryin to egg you on btw.

    I do the same as Irish Cannon.

    After injecting all of the oil does leaving the needle in for 10 seconds or so help keep the oil in the muscle or would it do the opposite? I thought i read somewhere that it keeps more of the oil in the site but im wondering what your guys take is on that....anyone?
  22. Blesum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    167
    Rep Power
    203

    Reputation

    Pistonpump,

    I've never had any oil seep back out so I don't think leaving the needle in helps at all. In fact, I would think leaving the needle in would be counter-productive because it's a foreign object and the body doesn't like foreign objects. Possibly more inflammation and scar tissue buildup by doing that.

    What I've heard helps, and what I do is I pull my skin to the side for the injection so that afterwards when I pull the needle off and let go of my skin, there's no longer a straight path back to the surface for the oil to travel.

    -Blesum
  23. getreal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    135

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump
    you just said in the post before that you were going to use orals only.You dont got the balls and if you dont want to inject then you must not need to imo. Not tryin to egg you on btw.

    I do the same as Irish Cannon.

    After injecting all of the oil does leaving the needle in for 10 seconds or so help keep the oil in the muscle or would it do the opposite? I thought i read somewhere that it keeps more of the oil in the site but im wondering what your guys take is on that....anyone?
    I am going to use orals only, that don't mean to say i don't wanna do a test cycle, I know deep down that a test cycle is safer becase your blood levels are more stable than using orals. What would happen if i just rubbed the test into my skin rarther than injecting I wonder?
  24. pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,105
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Blesum
    Pistonpump,

    I've never had any oil seep back out so I don't think leaving the needle in helps at all. In fact, I would think leaving the needle in would be counter-productive because it's a foreign object and the body doesn't like foreign objects. Possibly more inflammation and scar tissue buildup by doing that.

    What I've heard helps, and what I do is I pull my skin to the side for the injection so that afterwards when I pull the needle off and let go of my skin, there's no longer a straight path back to the surface for the oil to travel.

    -Blesum
    Ive heard of that method, i believe its the z-track method. I like to use both hands, one on the plunger and one to hold the barrel steady, unless im shooting delts or something.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. is my progree in a year good or bad
    By IAmTheDream in forum General Chat
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: 06-13-2010, 10:56 PM
  2. Tuna in a can, Good or bad ?
    By Jim Mills in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-17-2005, 11:38 PM
  3. good or bad diet for m1t cycle?
    By DumbRussian in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-18-2003, 01:07 PM
  4. UCP1 pre-contest. Good or bad idea?
    By FullyBuilt in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-09-2003, 08:06 AM
  5. Cortisol: Good or Bad?
    By YellowJacket in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-02-2003, 07:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in