Air in Syringe - Good or Bad?

Blesum

Blesum

Maestro
Awards
From Spotinjections.com:
Get all bubbles out of the needle - flick it until they rise to the top and then push them through the needle - make sure you get them completely out of the needle as well
It makes it sound like there should be no air whatsoever being injected.

Yet a nurse (this is prescribed HRT from a doctor) advised adding about .1 cc of air into the top of the syringe so that it's the last thing to come out of the needle. She said the purpose was to help minimize testo from oozing back out. I also figured it would be a good way to get every last bit of testo out of the needle as well.

Good or bad?

Need to inject later today, hope to know the answer by then.

-Blesum

Luke667

Awards
as far as i know....air in a syringe will lead to a blood clot...and death!

Blesum

Blesum

Maestro
Awards
I've had IV's hooked up several times where there were air bubbles going right into my vein and every time I pointed this out, the doctors and/or nurses said not to worry about it.

I used to think it would kill me but that hasn't happened yet...

-Blesum

gogo

gogo

Awards
  • Established
as far as i know....air in a syringe will lead to a blood clot...and death!
That is only if you are injecting into a vein.
You inject steroids into muscle tissue, so a little bit of air bubbles will not be a problem.

Blesum

Blesum

Maestro
Awards
Should I, or should I not be purposefully adding a little bit of air to the end of the injection?

Still wonderin'.

-Blesum

800mrunner

Banned
Awards
its nothing to worry about....

its only dangerous when a certain amount is injected directly into the vain.

HellTownPlaya

Awards
i would think it woud cause more irritation in my opinion

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
No biggie bro, I always get a tiny bit of air after I aspirate but I'm still alive :D

meowmeow

Awards
  • Established
BUT don't purposefully fill the syringe w/ air. You may end up hiting a vein and you probably want to minimize the injected air that enters the vein in such a case.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Aspiration essentially 'packs' the compound into the tissue, and a very small amount is beneficial. It would take an exorbinant amount of air to cause any damage, oil embolisms are what you should worry about.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
The air bubbles would be absorbed quickly in the bloodstream. Air is nothing to worry about unless you took a 5cc barrel full of air and jacked it right in.. The case is out on exactly how much air it takes to kill you, but it ranges from 5cc to 30cc to give you an idea how much people differ in opinion.

Mullet is right.. oil in the vein is more hazardous than the air.

jdahlum

Board Supporter
Awards
A small air bubble near the plunger used to be a recommended practice in order to empty the syringe completely and keep any gear from rising to the surface after you withdraw the needle. Nothing wrong with doing that. You would need a LARGE amount of air directly into a vien before it would be a problem.

Blesum

Blesum

Maestro
Awards
Thank you everybody for chiming in. I will continue this practice then. I want to get every single drop of my cyp into me, and not have any of it leak out.

:bb2:

-Blesum

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
A small air bubble near the plunger used to be a recommended practice in order to empty the syringe completely and keep any gear from rising to the surface after you withdraw the needle. Nothing wrong with doing that. You would need a LARGE amount of air directly into a vien before it would be a problem.

Like really large I am discovering. On an IV, it takes several feet of air in the lines to pose a threat. That would translate to several CC's in the veins to get an air embolism going.

The bigger threat...infection. 70,000 to 100,000 people die each year from "line" infections acquired at the hospital from IV's and injections. Be clean..be real clean!

getreal

Awards
Like really large I am discovering. On an IV, it takes several feet of air in the lines to pose a threat. That would translate to several CC's in the veins to get an air embolism going.

The bigger threat...infection. 70,000 to 100,000 people die each year from "line" infections acquired at the hospital from IV's and injections. Be clean..be real clean!
Im sticking with orals, much safer than having to worry about "did i inject properly, did any oil or air pass through my vein, did i inject too much into a certain muscle, did i stick the pin in deep enough to hit the muscle?" If the injection procedure does't kill me, the anxiety would.

I don't know why iv'e got these amps, i was gonna do i test only cycle as it was the "safest" to do, but instead im gonna do a dbol only instead. And yes I have been to ***********.com and it say's injecting is child's play , yeah right like i'm gonna take the chance.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Once I got past the first injection..I realized how silly my fears were (I was really nervous). Just imagine how many minor puncture wounds you have gotten over your lifetime..cactus, nails, staples, thorns et cetera are all more damaging than a well controlled, ultra sharp syringe.

Not trying to influence anybody one way or another, just giving some perspective.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I always pull back on the plunger to make sure I get all the oil out of the first needle for when I switch the needles out. There is always a little air in the syringe; after 12 weeks of ED injections, I still never had a problem.

getreal

Awards
I always pull back on the plunger to make sure I get all the oil out of the first needle for when I switch the needles out. There is always a little air in the syringe; after 12 weeks of ED injections, I still never had a problem.
I so want to a test e cycle this summer, im ready to go as well.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I so want to a test e cycle this summer, im ready to go as well.
you just said in the post before that you were going to use orals only.You dont got the balls and if you dont want to inject then you must not need to imo. Not tryin to egg you on btw.

I do the same as Irish Cannon.

After injecting all of the oil does leaving the needle in for 10 seconds or so help keep the oil in the muscle or would it do the opposite? I thought i read somewhere that it keeps more of the oil in the site but im wondering what your guys take is on that....anyone?

Blesum

Blesum

Maestro
Awards
Pistonpump,

I've never had any oil seep back out so I don't think leaving the needle in helps at all. In fact, I would think leaving the needle in would be counter-productive because it's a foreign object and the body doesn't like foreign objects. Possibly more inflammation and scar tissue buildup by doing that.

What I've heard helps, and what I do is I pull my skin to the side for the injection so that afterwards when I pull the needle off and let go of my skin, there's no longer a straight path back to the surface for the oil to travel.

-Blesum

getreal

Awards
you just said in the post before that you were going to use orals only.You dont got the balls and if you dont want to inject then you must not need to imo. Not tryin to egg you on btw.

I do the same as Irish Cannon.

After injecting all of the oil does leaving the needle in for 10 seconds or so help keep the oil in the muscle or would it do the opposite? I thought i read somewhere that it keeps more of the oil in the site but im wondering what your guys take is on that....anyone?
I am going to use orals only, that don't mean to say i don't wanna do a test cycle, I know deep down that a test cycle is safer becase your blood levels are more stable than using orals. What would happen if i just rubbed the test into my skin rarther than injecting I wonder?

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pistonpump,

I've never had any oil seep back out so I don't think leaving the needle in helps at all. In fact, I would think leaving the needle in would be counter-productive because it's a foreign object and the body doesn't like foreign objects. Possibly more inflammation and scar tissue buildup by doing that.

What I've heard helps, and what I do is I pull my skin to the side for the injection so that afterwards when I pull the needle off and let go of my skin, there's no longer a straight path back to the surface for the oil to travel.

-Blesum
Ive heard of that method, i believe its the z-track method. I like to use both hands, one on the plunger and one to hold the barrel steady, unless im shooting delts or something.