can clomid be used to stop gyno?

neverstop

Awards
  • Established
i know nolva is best but was reading in BTPB that sometimes clomid can be used mid cycle and was just wondering what dosing one would use clomid in mid cycle as a preventative measure against gyno with the added possibility of helping reduce shut down.

i always like clomid more anyway for pct that is....

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
I do not believe it is any good for reducing gyno.

neverstop

Awards
  • Established
i was always under the impression that it was maginal for that use but wanted to check the consensus here

thanks!

anyone else?

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
It's a Serm that has antagonistic activity in the breast tissue, but not as strong as Nolvadex, or Raloxifene..

So yes, it could, but there are better choices.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I've always liked the Nolva/Clomid combo. They seem to be complimentary to each other.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
I've always liked the Nolva/Clomid combo. They seem to be complimentary to each other.
They might not be.. I thought so before but Dr. D told me that they actually could compete. That's reason enough for me.

neverstop

Awards
  • Established
any of ya'll used Tor for gyno? correct me if i'm wrong but i always thought that was primarily a prolactin inhibiting chemical...

would be really cool to simplify a cycle (many chemicals work against each other, and i'm generally of the thought that less foreign BS in my body it takes, the better) and use something that cures gyno and also gives a good PCT.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
Toremifene is a Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator (SERM), much like Tamoxifen and Clomiphene. It is used for the same purpose clinically, which is the treatment of Estrogen receptor positive (or receptor unknown) breast cancer in post menopausal women.

From a bodybuilding standpoint, people can use it for the same reasons, but I think Nolvadex or Raloxifene are stronger antagonists in breast tissue.. and Toremefine is more suited for HPTA recovery in post cycle therapy ... although, it can do both much like the other SERMs.

I've never heard anything about Toremifene inhibiting Prolactin.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
As Ubi stated, Nolva has a higher affinity than Clomid for the receptors in breast tissue, so Nolva is superior. But Clomid would still work in a pinch.

neverstop

Awards
  • Established
thank for learning me guys!

cant imagine how many people this board has helped.....