sleeping.

EctoMorphius

EctoMorphius

Awards
Most things Ive read and hear people say is you need at least 8 hours of sleep during a cycle(for best muscle recovery adn take advantage of more GH released in body?) . For some one who had everythihg in check for thier cycle, diet, routine, post cycle therapy, would sleep be that crucial of a factor?

max 6 hours of sleep a night... sometimes 4 due to insomnia.

has anyone tried melatonin?
if i took that, and if it worked for insomnia, then 6 hours would be enough..right?

do you guys think sleep length is that important?

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sleep length is important but so is undisturbed sleep. You want to be in a REM state for the best muscle recovery and GH release.

You ever heard of USP labs' REM ? Look into it although im not sure if they still sell it...

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sleep is essentially your body's self-regulation system through which hormonal and enyzmatic homeostasis is maintained. While not obtaining enough sleep will have a detrimental effect on protein synthesis and glycogen replenishment in skeletal muscle, it will have a far more detrimental effect on hormonal balance, which because you are so knowledgeable on steroids, you know is very important.

I have seen a few studies stating that Testosterone may disrupt sertogenic rhythms, so dosing 5-HTP as well as Melatonin may be a beneficial step whilst on cycle.

meowmeow

Awards
  • Established
has anyone tried melatonin?
if i took that, and if it worked for insomnia, then 6 hours would be enough..right?

do you guys think sleep length is that important?
Deep sound sleep w/ uninterupted REM cycles is extremely important to the bodies ability to recover and grow.

I take Valerian Root every night in raw nasty smelling bulk form which I grind myself. Three 1/4 tsps makes me drowsy. You can also buy it capped. There is no after-effects when I wake after taking it. It never loses its effectiveness.

I rotate Melatonin in and out at 3mg to 6mg for three weeks straight only and then come back to it perhaps a month later. I take it 15 minutes before bed. Melatonin loses its effectiveness after a while. It promotes deep sleep.

I replace Melatonin with GABA powder at 3 grams 15 minutes before bed. You can buy it capped. It promotes deep sleep and vivid dreams. I really feel well rested after using it.

Often a sleep aid looses effectiveness over time and needs to be replaced and then reintroduced later. Other sleep aids to consider:

5-HTP
L-Theanine
Bacopa
Ashwaganda
Passionflower
PGHt (basically GABA effect)

Also effective but be careful with:

Kava Kava
Tryptophan

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
What is causing your insomnia? Is it anxiety? I used to become anxious while trying to go to sleep and I'd count the hours that passed as each time I rolled to the left, the numbers would increase; 1:00AM, "Okay, I can still salvage 7 hours," 2:30AM, "Okay, well 6 and a half ain't so bad," 5:00AM,"Christ! 3 hours... should I just not even go to sleep?!"... Ultimately, I just needed a better routine. The body loves routine. Try herbal sleep solutions and/or a decent sleep formula without melatonin. I really do not care for melatonin and to be quite honest, I take Ambien when I really need it and would rather stay away from the other.

Get your body ignited the minute you wake up. Get out of bed, put on some inspiring, loud, upbeat music and rip through 5 minutes of balls-to-the-wall high intensity training. Ex. pushups, body weight squats, jumping jacks, stepping, etc. and then go make a good breakfast. Don't workout too late and you'll reduce your chances of having yourself wide awake at bedtime. Some people are so sluggish during the day and operate like a golf cart @ 10% battery power and it takes all day to propel. These people are usually dubbed as 'night owls'. It's not that these people's body are more fit for nighttime tasks, it's more common that they are lazy pieces of crap that would rather stay up then get on a good circadian rythm. If herbal/supplemental solutions don't work, maybe see a therapist. Also, meditation is great for all around relaxation and tranquility. It works for almost everyone who tries it and virtually everyone who performs meditation properly.

Also, stay away from stimulants. Regardless of what time you take them, some of the new formulas can keep you up even if you take them first thing upon wakening (esp. Venom, Stim X, Methyl Ripped). Avoid taking cortisol blockers (7-keto) at night as I can account with many others that I've had problems sleeping when taking these before bed.

Phase out carbohydrates towards the end of the day. After my afternoon workout, my post workout meal has simple carbs like white rice, potatoes,etc., but then the meal after will have complex carbs that should burn me through the rest of the night. The meals thereafter usually have just lean meat, a little bit of healthy fats, and vegetables. Avoid junk before bed at all costs.

Good luck!

EctoMorphius

EctoMorphius

Awards
lack of sleep due to being very busy, and stress. I work full-time and go to school full time, and my 19 yr old gf demands attention from me all the freakin time as well. the few hours that i do lay down, and should be sleeping - i usually cant fall asleep cause i think about and worry about stupid **** that I shouldn't be. Ive always have insomnia problems, but they seem to come and go from week to week, and i always feel like a zombie when i wake up, its serioulsy like the hardeest thing in the world to do

thanks for all the info guys, you more than answered my question and gave me additional knowledge. I might hold off my cycle a few more months, when i can get more sleep regularly, but I'm still gonna try a few of these supplements you suggested to see how well they work for me

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
lack of sleep due to being very busy, and stress. I work full-time and go to school full time, and my 19 yr old gf demands attention from me all the freakin time as well. the few hours that i do lay down, and should be sleeping - i usually cant fall asleep cause i think about and worry about stupid **** that I shouldn't be. Ive always have insomnia problems, but they seem to come and go from week to week, and i always feel like a zombie when i wake up, its serioulsy like the hardeest thing in the world to do

thanks for all the info guys, you more than answered my question and gave me additional knowledge. I might hold off my cycle a few more months, when i can get more sleep regularly, but I'm still gonna try a few of these supplements you suggested to see how well they work for me
It sounds like you've tallied up a lot of points on the stress factor scale and you'd definitely be borderlined for a mental breakdown. Bro, I feel you about all the stress adding up and the girlfriend alone (even if the relationship is good) can be enough to drive a person with certain personalities to the edge. Find a hobby that relaxes you. Whatever it may be. Weightlifting is a stress-reliever to many, and it is a stressor to some. Judging from that you're considering cycling anabolic goodies says that you are demanding accelerated progress upon your physique, so weight-lifting can not be relied on as a stress relieving tool. Take a deep breathe, relax, and know that a lot of people let the stress take them to certain places that are hard to get out of. Don't let your girlfriend rule your life either. You need attention too and your problems/issues need proper attention. Start taking control of your life little by little and you'd be surprised how good you will feel. You will never sleep a better night in your life than the first night of making some important life changes!