Thinking about taking steroids.

Fun2Train

Awards
Recently I have been thinking of about taking steroids. I been working out for a few years, have a pretty solid diet, weigh in at about 220. First and foremost though im more concerned about my health. I would love some gains little faster then normal but not at the cost of risking my health. I plan on ordering some books on anabolic substances and doing some research into it. I just want to make sure if I decide to take something I know what it is, the risk and all the info I need for my post cycle therapy and make it safe as I can with little risks as possible. I found this community here is very nice and very helpfull and im learning allot here, so ill keep ya informed if I start a cycle and look forward to some feedback. Thanks all.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Your doing the right thing but educating yourself first. Well done.

Recently I have been thinking of about taking steroids. I been working out for a few years, have a pretty solid diet, weigh in at about 220. First and foremost though im more concerned about my health. I would love some gains little faster then normal but not at the cost of risking my health. I plan on ordering some books on anabolic substances and doing some research into it. I just want to make sure if I decide to take something I know what it is, the risk and all the info I need for my post cycle therapy and make it safe as I can with little risks as possible. I found this community here is very nice and very helpfull and im learning allot here, so ill keep ya informed if I start a cycle and look forward to some feedback. Thanks all.

ludacris007

ludacris007

Awards
  • Established
I am happy to see that there are people who are willing to do research before they put these substances into their bodies. I think that with the books u buy and the real world feedback found here you will find the answers to most of your questions. Karma for educating yourself and making a decision that works for you. BTW what are you trying to accomplish by taking steroids?

rafter

Awards
Save some money on the books for now and use the web and the boards. Then go to the books if you think you need to.

Fun2Train

Awards
I am happy to see that there are people who are willing to do research before they put these substances into their bodies. I think that with the books u buy and the real world feedback found here you will find the answers to most of your questions. Karma for educating yourself and making a decision that works for you. BTW what are you trying to accomplish by taking steroids?
Well I'll tell you what I was hoping to accomplish. I have been bulking lately, and well to be honest I dont really have a terribly hard time bulking because of my super slow metabolism. I was just hoping to speed it up a bit. I can put on weight fairly easy eating 4000 calories a day of lean food. I was hoping to take some supplement for a 4-6 weeks and put on some lean mass and size and some strengths gains. Afterwards hopefully I would be able to keep some of it and have shaved a few months off of my bulking and be done with it. I dont really want to be huge because im kinda big anyway naturally , Im 6' 1" 220 with 16% bf so I just want to put on some nice size and then cut down start working on my cardio and health and energy levels. Hopefully this can help me bulk allot faster and get into better shape quicker.

BTW off topic a bit. From what I have been researching I understand how damaging some anabolic steroids are to your liver and cholesterol levels. I understand that after your cycle your Test levels will drop because you have been using a Pro Hormone and this can cause estrogen to increase to high because your Test. balances it out but with Test. not high enough you need a good estrogen blocker. I have heard nolva is good enough. My question is what can you take during your cycle with anabolic steroids that can increase your body's good cholesterol and help you liver out? Hopefully decreasing some of the damage done to your body. I guess I was just wondering for like some suggestions for supplements you can take while your on your cycle of steroids that is similiar to your post cycle therapy. And for post cycle therapy I assume you would be just taking Nolva and some supplements that will help your liver lipids/cholesterol? Well Thanks in advance for your help as it is very much appreciated.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
don't bother with any books .. a lot of them have some very erroneous information .. read around here for a few months (yes months) .. steriods are a little complicated at first and there really is a lot to learn .. you will be MUCH better off in the long run .. i researched for well over a year before ever starting

gators52

gators52

Awards
  • Established
BTW off topic a bit. From what I have been researching I understand how damaging some anabolic steroids are to your liver and cholesterol levels. I understand that after your cycle your Test levels will drop because you have been using a Pro Hormone and this can cause estrogen to increase to high because your Test. balances it out but with Test. not high enough you need a good estrogen blocker. I have heard nolva is good enough. My question is what can you take during your cycle with anabolic steroids that can increase your body's good cholesterol and help you liver out? Hopefully decreasing some of the damage done to your body. I guess I was just wondering for like some suggestions for supplements you can take while your on your cycle of steroids that is similiar to your post cycle therapy. And for post cycle therapy I assume you would be just taking Nolva and some supplements that will help your liver lipids/cholesterol? Well Thanks in advance for your help as it is very much appreciated.
Do research on the difference between AI's like a-dex, and SERM's like Nolva. There is a big difference on how these kinds of compounds work. I see many people on these boards still not understanding what roles each of these plays. Also search the word liver on here and you should find a bunch of threads in regards to liver damage and liver supps.

Fun2Train

Awards
don't bother with any books .. a lot of them have some very erroneous information .. read around here for a few months (yes months) .. steriods are a little complicated at first and there really is a lot to learn .. you will be MUCH better off in the long run .. i researched for well over a year before ever starting
Even though I just started posting I have been researching for about 3-4 months now off and on. By no means have I learned enough but then again thats why im here posting. I plan on doing some research for a good while longer. I basiclly plan on starting to supplement with some stuff like celery seed, red yeast rice, coq10, garlic extract etc. etc... before I start a cycle , kind like pre cycle therapy I suppose. Next month I plan on going to the doctor and getting a full workup physical, bloodwork and ekg. If by then all my bloodwork and test comes back good then I think ill consider starting a small 4-6 week cycle if im comfortable by then. thanks for your advice and input.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
sounds great man although in all honesty i wouldn't bother with a 4-6 week cycle .. you'll just go through hormone yo-yoing

IMO you should run test enan or cyp at 500mg/week for 14 weeks ... i know it sounds like a long time but it will give you nice gains and give your body time to adapt to the extra weight

Fun2Train

Awards
sounds great man although in all honesty i wouldn't bother with a 4-6 week cycle .. you'll just go through hormone yo-yoing

IMO you should run test enan or cyp at 500mg/week for 14 weeks ... i know it sounds like a long time but it will give you nice gains and give your body time to adapt to the extra weight
Ok, thanks. Im currently reading some articles on bodybuilding.com about steroid profiles now, actually im trying to soak in any information possible so im fully aware of what im getting into to. I was actually thinking of trying a Test Suspension first since its effects are not as long as a Test. Enap and are easier to control negative side effects since you have to inject every few days instead of once/week. I figured if I reacted well to Test Susp. then I might try Test enap which I realize is more effective and injected only once per week since it last so much longer. Thanks for you help. Iv heard that although you can get gains with oral steroids , orals will be much more harsh on your body and liver in general. I understand that injectables are a bit safer and more potent but most of the safest are illegal and thus hard to find. I know some orals like tren extreme are popular lately from reading around several forums, its seems those are very hard on you liver. And im worried about buying some product from some blackmarket website because I dont want to get some gear cooked in someone's bathtub that can cause half my flesh to rot out when I inject it from and infection! And although im learning more about different steroids and there uses and risks im going to have to put a large amount of time invested into finding a safe place to get my hands on a safer type of steroid. I dont mind using orals I suppose if I can get gains but again I just want to be safe and keep my health my primary concern, thats why im using so much precautions. Again thanks again for your insight and advice, its much appreciated.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
My question is what can you take during your cycle with anabolic steroids that can increase your body's good cholesterol
fish oil, niacin, red yeast rice (mostly lowers LDL), Sesamin, oatmeal

and help you liver out?
milk thistle, N-acetyl-cysteine, ALA, green tea, Liv.52

Many of these can be found in an all-in-one product by Anabolic Innovations called Cycle Support.

And for post cycle therapy I assume you would be just taking Nolva and some supplements that will help your liver lipids/cholesterol?
An anti-cortisol (LXT or Retain) is a must during P.C.T., IMO.

Search and you'll find tons of info on all of the above.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
i wouldn't use TNE (suspension) on a first cycle .. it requires injecting at least once a day ... you really shouldn't have too many issues with the long esters and you'll only have to pin 2x a week ... i highly recommend this route

i personally stay away from orals as they are very toxic to one's liver

as for getting gear .. i can't help you with that but there are boards that can .. just look around and read reviews

Fun2Train

Awards
Example stack I was considering.

From my research this is kinda what I was considering trying during a stack.

Stack
Equipoise (Boldenone) 30mg/day for 8 weeks
Testosterone Enanthate 75mg/day for 10 weeks
Dianabol to help kickstart gains 30mg/day for 4 weeks
Nolvadex 10mg/day during cycle just for safety even though iv heard it can slow down gains a I would rather just be safe then sorry then follow post cycle therapy with 40mg/day for 4 weeks
Also before,during and after cycle I would supplement with of course a good multi-vitamin, Sesathin,Garlic Extract,Allicin,Anabolic Innovation's Cycle Support , coq10, and a good anti-cortisol.

Before cycle like I said I plan on getting full physical, blood work, and ekg done and just let the doctor know I plan on doing some intense workouts for the next few months. If everythings is a green light then I would consider starting my stack. How does this sound to you? Do you think I can keep most of my gains after stopping? And realisticly do you think If I do this stack and im happy with the gains I have gotten and im able to keep the gains I was hoping not to have to run another stack. Do you think this is realistic?

My only other concern is that from what I have read and even though I have never had my Testosterone . levels checked( which I plan on doing soon) I think I might have naturally high testosterone levels. I seem to already put on mass fairly easy. Iv put on about 20 pounds of mass in past year, I have M.P.B. and high amounts of body and facial hair, and also I have to work on controlling my rage. So I suppose my only concern is too much Testosterone causing ill wanted side effects. Anyway thanks to everyone for the advice and suggestions.

800mrunner

Banned
Awards
DONT DO IT!!!! unless you want to grow a third leg and have the balls of a hampster.

no, go for it. grow! thats how all the big guys got big...do you think they are never taller than 6foot for a reason!? except a select few who are gients to begin with... they start steroids younger than many think.

ripped22

ripped22

Awards
  • Established
i wouldn't use TNE (suspension) on a first cycle .. it requires injecting at least once a day ... you really shouldn't have too many issues with the long esters and you'll only have to pin 2x a week ... i highly recommend this route

i personally stay away from orals as they are very toxic to one's liver

as for getting gear .. i can't help you with that but there are boards that can .. just look around and read reviews
listen to this bro. keep it nice and simple for your first cycle. 500 test E for 12-14 weeks will net you all you want. EQ will be a waste and you won't really need d-bol. i gained 17 pounds off straight test for 16 weeks for my first cycle. when your ready for round two you can add dbol for 6 weeks and round three add the EQ. Don't throw the kitchen sink at it your first go! you won't need it.

good luck

Fun2Train

Awards
listen to this bro. keep it nice and simple for your first cycle. 500 test E for 12-14 weeks will net you all you want. EQ will be a waste and you won't relly need d-bol. i gained 17 pounds off straight test for 16 weeks for my first cycle. when your ready for round two you can add dbol for 6 weeks and round three add the EQ. Don't throw the kitchen sink at it your first go! you won't need it.

good luck
Thanks allot for the input, I really just want to keep it simple and didnt realize just straight Test. is all I need. Appreciate the info.