Anyone here take or know anything about Methyl Predinsone

1. Registered User

Anyone here take or know anything about Methyl Predinsone

I was given a prescription from the Doc for 8 mg a day methylpred which is a methyl steroid. I have some problems with some of my backbones and its suppose to help heal them. I was just wondering if there was any other benefits that comes from this drug that would be beneficial while weight lifting?

2. Gold Member

Prednisone is a corticosteroid. It's completely different than androgenic/anabolic steroids used for weightlifting. If anything, it would be counterproductive for weightlifting since it will have cortisol-like effects in the body. (Not a big deal with short-term use, but something to think about with long-term use.) Perhaps an MD can explain further.
  3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSavage
    Prednisone is a corticosteroid. It's completely different than androgenic/anabolic steroids used for weightlifting. If anything, it would be counterproductive for weightlifting since it will have cortisol-like effects in the body. (Not a big deal with short-term use, but something to think about with long-term use.) Perhaps an MD can explain further.
    What do you mean by cortisol type effects? Just curious what these would be.
    •   

4. Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fun2Train
    What do you mean by cortisol type effects? Just curious what these would be.
    Cortisol is a catabolic hormone. Search.
  5. Banned

your not going to get anything from this. the only people that benifit from cortisteroids are those like a biker or someone who is trying to lose muscle to better endurence.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

they answered this question perfectly.
    just because it says steroid doesnt mean you would benifit from it in weight lifting
  7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fun2Train
    I was given a prescription from the Doc for 8 mg a day methylpred which is a methyl steroid. I have some problems with some of my backbones and its suppose to help heal them. I was just wondering if there was any other benefits that comes from this drug that would be beneficial while weight lifting?
    Solumedrol will do nothing for growth as far as muscular growth. It will most likely elevate your blood glucose levels. Tendency is for fat gain opposed to LBM. It won't heal your bones but help with inflammation.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-04-2007, 12:28 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-15-2005, 07:03 AM
  3. DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE CO. IBE
    By elgallotapout in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-19-2005, 07:00 PM
  4. Anyone used or heard anything about this?
    By KingMeso in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-31-2004, 08:33 AM
  5. Anyone know anything about OSCommerce?
    By custom in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-02-2003, 11:02 PM