Advice needed (Halo/Methyl 1-D/Nova) - AnabolicMinds.com

Advice needed (Halo/Methyl 1-D/Nova)

Advice needed (Halo/Methyl 1-D/Nova)

Almost done with first 4 week Halo clone cycle. No weight gained but lots of strength and noticeable recomposition. Considering going straight to M1D for 2 or 3 weeks before starting Nova. I know everyone's trashing M1D but has anyone tried it? Will it help or hurt this cycle?

Looking for as much size as possible legally. Tried PP clone before and gained 12lbs. I have another bottle of Halo clone for next cycle. What should I stack it with for maximum size?

Any and all suggestions welcome.

age 45 / 5'10" / 245lbs. / BF too high

workout:

1 chest/triceps
    2 back/biceps
    3 off
    4 shoulders/abs
    5 legs
    6-7 off

diet: (needs work)

1 (preworkout) NOXplode or Superpump, oatmeal, fruit, coffee
    2 (postworkout) protein shake
    3 chicken breast, salad
    4 protein bar
    5 chicken or beef, vegs, rice or pasta
    6 protein shake

I don't measure calories or protein. Just eat clean and as much protein as possible. Also as much water as I can drink.

Thanks

Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Work on your diet before you try another cycle. If you already know that it needs work, then spend more time researching a better diet.

Thanks Rodja. My diet has always been an issue. My problem is sticking with it. Any diet suggestions are welcome. However I am looking for as much size as possible. At my age it's very hard to grow. Therefore I need as much help as I can get from supps.

Anyone have any advice on my original question?
    •   

Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I would go into PCT for now instead of running two methylated products back to back. A week or more into PCT look into starting some sort of non-hormonal stack: Powerfull w/Symmetry or Anagen w/Fenotest or Activate w/Rebound Reloaded or Jungle Warfare w/Restore or Hyperdrol w/MassFX or...well, you get the idea.

In the mean time work on the diet and get it zoned in for your next cycle. A conservative estimate for time off between cycles is equal to time on cycle + time on PCT.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I hear the name Methyl 1-D is misleading. I have heard that it is NOT methylated and not a PH. Mostly lackluster reviews on effectiveness.

Do Jungle Warfare for eight weeks and get a clean diet. Do not combine oatmeal with the pre-workouts. The fiber gets in the way of complete absorption. Use a whey/dextrose or whey/waxy maize mix upon awaking, then 1/2 later do the pre-workout supp. I would wait unitl after the workout for the fruit. Have the pasta closer to the workout and use it at lunch (I assume you are trying to cut with this meal plan as there is no real carbs here). Use vegetables as the carb source later in the day. Add more waxy maize or dextrose tro the protein post workout or better yet use Regeneration-X during the workout to keep cortisol levels in check and have the shake 1/2 hour later. Have some slow buring carbs (good time for oatmeal here) and whole food protein (such as 4 egg whites) 1 hour after the shake to keep insulin levels even and continuosly feeding muscle instead of reversing to store as fat. This is a start
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

I'm going to say what everyone else is agreeing on: Your diet needs major rennovation. You should also consider changing up your workout routine as well and adding cardio at the proper time if your BF% is indeed too high. Doing the one bodypart per day while resting and relaxing in between sets (like I see most people doing at the gym) and not doing cardio will keep you fat. Eating too much protein and salads will just keep you bloated and tired. Eating the wrong carbs such as white rice or pasta at the wrong time will just cause an unwanted insulin response and store carbs as fat. Relying in protein shakes more than whole foods will screw up your GI tract and lower your metabolism. Eat a protein bar as a snack if there's nothing else available. Protein content in bars has poor bioavailability and has a lot of fillers and crap calories from sugar alcohols and such. I'll only eat a protein bar if I'm in a moment of desperation and am going catabolic. I've tried Methyl 1-D out of curiosity and because I have a problem spending money on supplements. It is expensive and mundane (ATD + DHEA) but it did help a little bit as a standalone product. It should not be used to bridge a cycle and PCT. If I were you, I would go to the library and read up on different theories of proper nutrition and just keep reading and reading. Look up articles and read user feedback on different strategies. IMO the best thing you can do is stick to a balance of 50/30/20 or 40/40/20 (protein/carbs/fats) and stick to whole foods and complex carbs for your meals except the post workout feed which should consist of a whey isolate shake immediately after and then a meal with refined carbs to get into the bloodstream as quickly as possible using the insulin to shuttle the aminos and sugars into the muscle. Read up on different workout programs that are better and more challenging than the one or two part a day crap that is boring as hell and won't really do it for most. Don't take anymore prohormones/prosteroids again. Relying on those stupid things to gain weight is ridiculous when everything else is entirely out of whack. Don't rely on too much caffeine to get you through a workout. The NO Xplode plus coffee is about 400 mg caffeine at once. With a good diet and sufficient sleep, considering your dopamine, nor-epinephrine, and seratonin levels are balanced, you should have all the energy you need and maybe use a little caffeine which has been proven to recruit more muscle fibers to perform a given movement. Good luck!
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by slecaz
    Do Jungle Warfare for eight weeks and get a clean diet. Do not combine oatmeal with the pre-workouts. The fiber gets in the way of complete absorption. Use a whey/dextrose or whey/waxy maize mix upon awaking, then 1/2 later do the pre-workout supp. I would wait unitl after the workout for the fruit. Have the pasta closer to the workout and use it at lunch (I assume you are trying to cut with this meal plan as there is no real carbs here). Use vegetables as the carb source later in the day. Add more waxy maize or dextrose tro the protein post workout or better yet use Regeneration-X during the workout to keep cortisol levels in check and have the shake 1/2 hour later. Have some slow buring carbs (good time for oatmeal here) and whole food protein (such as 4 egg whites) 1 hour after the shake to keep insulin levels even and continuosly feeding muscle instead of reversing to store as fat. This is a start
    This dextrose and waxy maize crap with protein powder for breakfast and post workout might be logical and all, which is cool for some people, but IMO if you have your pantry filled with more supplement jars and jugs than actual food, you're a little slow in the head. Make your diet easy and flexible. The human body is very adaptive and your results will quickly plateau if you don't have some variability and you really should be eating more whole foods. Your mind also gets tired of having your body fed the same crap.

Thanks guys. I will do my best to take your advice. I'll start by changing my diet.

Everyone else please keep the comments coming.
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by p5sky
    I hear the name Methyl 1-D is misleading. I have heard that it is NOT methylated and not a PH. Mostly lackluster reviews on effectiveness.
    My mistake...I still stand by the rest of my post. Thanks for the correction though. I must have been thinking of another one of the LG products.

Quote Originally Posted by p5sky
    It is not methylated. Haven't heard anything postitive about it either.
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

I took a quick look at it and off the top of my head it looks like it might be another DHEA product. I didn't research it though and just took a look at the main ingredient. I could be wrong...again
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by stxnas
    I took a quick look at it and off the top of my head it looks like it might be another DHEA product. I didn't research it though and just took a look at the main ingredient. I could be wrong...again
    Bro, I verified that the main ingredient is another way of writing the chemical formula for DHEA, ok? Would you like the reference? It is DHEA and ATD. The logical cause for this product would be to combine a hormone that converts to testosterone and some estrogen and add enough of an AI to minimize aromatization; Thus we have DHEA and ATD. It's a cheap formula and they tried labelling it differently to deter many from knowing what it actually is. I've tried it and it does boost your sex drive, mood, and workouts a little bit, but so would straight DHEA and one cap of rebound XT at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green
    Bro, I verified that the main ingredient is another way of writing the chemical formula for DHEA, ok? Would you like the reference? It is DHEA and ATD. The logical cause for this product would be to combine a hormone that converts to testosterone and some estrogen and add enough of an AI to minimize aromatization; Thus we have DHEA and ATD. It's a cheap formula and they tried labelling it differently to deter many from knowing what it actually is. I've tried it and it does boost your sex drive, mood, and workouts a little bit, but so would straight DHEA and one cap of rebound XT at night.

He's 100% right. I seen many peopleon other forums say the exact same thing.

Thanks guys. I already have the M1D so I will save it for my next H-clone cycle. Right now I'm just doing Nova with some Fizogen Offcycle I found in the discount bin. I know Fizogen gets trashed alot but it was very cheap. I don't know how you guys can spend so much on supps!

As for my diet, I will research the diet forums so let's leave that out if this thread.

What else can I stack with H for maximum size?

I would go into post cycle therapy for now instead of running two methylated products back to back. A week or more into PCT look into starting some sort of non-hormonal stack: Powerfull w/Symmetry or Anagen w/Fenotest or Activate w/Rebound Reloaded or Jungle Warfare w/Restore or Hyperdrol w/MassFX or...well, you get the idea.

In the mean time work on the diet and get it zoned in for your next cycle. A conservative estimate for time off between cycles is equal to time on cycle + time on PCT.
    Which one of these stacks has given you the most growth? Or are they about the same? I see the AX stack is pretty expensive while the Scivation is the most economical.
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Bro, I verified that the main ingredient is another way of writing the chemical formula for DHEA, ok? Would you like the reference?
    Hey, my bad bro...if you posted that in this thread I must have missed it (I browse AM at work and get interupted a lot). No references needed, I believe you

Zak,
    I've never tried any of them, but have seen good to great feedback about all of them. Planetary Nutrition has the Powerfull/Symmetry stack on sale ~$36 and if you enter aminds as a discount code while checking out you will get 10% off that order...mine should arrive today or tomorrow

Hey, my bad bro...if you posted that in this thread I must have missed it (I browse AM at work and get interupted a lot). No references needed, I believe you

Zak,
    I've never tried any of them, but have seen good to great feedback about all of them. Planetary Nutrition has the Powerfull/Symmetry stack on sale ~$36 and if you enter aminds as a discount code while checking out you will get 10% off that order...mine should arrive today or tomorrow
    Thanks for the info. I just ordered the Powerfull/Symmetry stack from PN. What a great deal!
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.

Legal Gear just pisses me off. "Legal Gear has done it again! Revolutionary breakthrough ingredients only by Legal Gear will unleash the alpha male in you!" It's the same crap, over and over again. The prices are sky high, and the results aren't enough to motivate you to pop the pill. LG better get their act together before they hit the floor.

Legal Gear just pisses me off. "Legal Gear has done it again! Revolutionary breakthrough ingredients only by Legal Gear will unleash the alpha male in you!" It's the same crap, over and over again. The prices are sky high, and the results aren't enough to motivate you to pop the pill. LG better get their act together before they hit the floor.

They are local to me, would you like me to go whoop their asses??????
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by FitnFirm
    They are local to me, would you like me to go whoop their asses??????
    Smack them a few times and tell them to quit the tomfoolery.

Similar Forum Threads

1. 5th week of Halo cycle.. ADVICE NEEDED!!
    By K561r in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 06-11-2014, 05:18 PM
  2. Need advice on Halo-Tren 400 / Epistane stack?
    By heartofmetal in forum Pheromones
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-20-2008, 07:41 PM
  3. Halo/Epi 6 weeker,Serm inverse to ATD, PCT advice needed!
    By abuleh in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-02-2008, 03:49 PM
  4. Advice needed (Halo/Methyl 1-D/Nova)
    By zakchange in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-12-2006, 01:29 PM
  5. M4OHN Advice needed
    By Dump1567 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-03-2004, 06:42 AM