Mega-Zol/Phera-plex Cycle

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Upon further consideration, maybe this should have gone in the Steroids forum..could a mod kindly move it? Thanks.

Hey everyone,

Just wondering if some of you could comment on my plan for an upcoming Mega-Zol/Phera-plex cycle.

I had originally planned a clean bulk with Phera for 4 weeks. However, I have not been able to achieve the level of bodyfat, specifically 12%, that I was hoping I could get to prior to the start of the cycle. Because circumstances are such that I can not drastically delay the start of the cycle, to try to get my bf levels down a bit I am contemplating the following:

Week One: 150mg Mega-Zol
Week Two: 150mg Mega-Zol
Week Three: 150mg Mega-Zol/10mg Phera-plex
Week Four: 150mg Mega-Zol/20mg Phera-plex
Week Five: 20mg Phera-plex
Week Six: 20mg Phera-plex

My current stats are:
Age 37
Wt. 184
Bf% 16 (approx.)

My goal is to gain anywhere from 10 to 15 pounds of lean body mass on this cycle while staying as lean as possible. My only PH experience is with a four week standalone 1-AD cycle last summer.

All post cycle therapy supps are on hand and diet/training is dialed in.

All comments are welcome and appreciated.

Last edited:
Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
bump...c'mon guys, i need some input...set to start the cycle next weekend!

btw...thanks for moving the thread Yeahright

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds good. I read that Mzol is weak and sometimes cant be felt at 150mg but I would start out your first week of Zol @ 100mg then just keep bumping up until you find a comfortable dose.

Its up to you whether or not you want to use Zol first or Phera first, most use phera first and Zol to "clean up the gains" But you can do it the way you have planned. Phera was great and since you have only done one PH cycle then you should reach your goal of 10-15lbs.

Do you have AX's PheraPlex or a knockoff?

I would run more like this:

100mg zol 10mg pp
100mg zol 20mg pp
150mg zol 20mg pp
150mg zol 20-30mg pp
200mg zol
250mg zol

but ive done a few more cycles and am +200. You dont have to have a set dosing schedule IMO you have to be able to adjust, bump up or down dependant on the sides and gains ratio you observe.

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds good. I read that Mzol is weak and sometimes cant be felt at 150mg but I would start out your first week of Zol @ 100mg then just keep bumping up until you find a comfortable dose.

Its up to you whether or not you want to use Zol first or Phera first, most use phera first and Zol to "clean up the gains" But you can do it the way you have planned. Phera was great and since you have only done one PH cycle then you should reach your goal of 10-15lbs.

Do you have AX's PheraPlex or a knockoff?

I would run more like this:

100mg zol 10mg pp
100mg zol 20mg pp
150mg zol 20mg pp
150mg zol 20-30mg pp
200mg zol
250mg zol

but ive done a few more cycles and am +200. You dont have to have a set dosing schedule IMO you have to be able to adjust, bump up or down dependant on the sides and gains ratio you observe.
Thanks for the input PP. I hadn't really considered starting with both and finishing with ZOL but that sounds like an interesting protocol. I will definitely consider it.

I have genuine AX phera-plex and GL Mega-Zol on hand.

I had planned the following post cycle therapy:

Week one: 40mg Nolva/Restore/Alpha Drive
Week two: 30mg Nolva/Restore/Alpha Drive
Week three 20mg Nolva/Restore/Alpha Drive
Week four: 10mg Nolva/Restore/Alpha Drive

Do you think the above will be sufficient for this cycle? Thanks again.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like your PCT simple but looks effective. Restore has a cortisol blocker in it too doesnt it? Well i like the PCT except i like to run Nolva 60mg for the first few days. Dont know how effective that is but I do it because i feel it does more good then harm :] Add in a good creatine product if you dont have one already.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
For your goals, I would choose Pistonpump's dosing schedule. Running ZOL at the beginning of the cycle doesn't make too much sense to me. Throught or at the end would work best.

As long as you have the anncillaries down, and I already see your PCT is planned out well, and your diet and training is together, I see no reason you shouldn't achieve those goals.

Best of luck,
PI

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ninjo, what ancillaries are you going to be taking during cycle?

Im curious to what kind of training style/routine you use?

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like your post cycle therapy simple but looks effective. Restore has a cortisol blocker in it too doesnt it?
Yep, I believe Restore has the same cortisol blocker that is in AX Retain (mbaet if i'm not mistaken)...only thing is, i don't know how much is in each cap because it is a "proprietary blend"...i'm hoping it's dosed properly but i have some Retain on hand if i really want to be sure.

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For your goals, I would choose Pistonpump's dosing schedule. Running ZOL at the beginning of the cycle doesn't make too much sense to me. Throught or at the end would work best.

As long as you have the anncillaries down, and I already see your post cycle therapy is planned out well, and your diet and training is together, I see no reason you shouldn't achieve those goals.

Best of luck,
PI
thanks PI..appreciate the feedback.

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ninjo, what ancillaries are you going to be taking during cycle?

Im curious to what kind of training style/routine you use?
I will be taking AI's Cycle Support during the cycle and throughout post cycle therapy. When not cycling, I use the following products year round anyways:

Fish Oil
Flax Oil
Hawthorn Berry
CoQ10
Saw Palmetto
Milk Thistle
GNC Mega-men multi
Vitamin C and E

Oh and i will be using some CEE at the start of my post cycle therapy as you suggested..forgot to include that originally.

As far as training style, i have been using my own modified version of 5x5 for the last couple of months...i liked it but gains have definitely leveled off. For the cycle, i am planning to ramp up the volume (both sets and reps) using a 4-day split with heavy emphasis on compound movements. When i get the time later, i can type it all out if you're interested.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will be taking AI's Cycle Support during the cycle and throughout post cycle therapy. When not cycling, I use the following products year round anyways:

Fish Oil
Flax Oil
Hawthorn Berry
CoQ10
Saw Palmetto
Milk Thistle
GNC Mega-men multi
Vitamin C and E

Oh and i will be using some CEE at the start of my post cycle therapy as you suggested..forgot to include that originally.

As far as training style, i have been using my own modified version of 5x5 for the last couple of months...i liked it but gains have definitely leveled off. For the cycle, i am planning to ramp up the volume (both sets and reps) using a 4-day split with heavy emphasis on compound movements. When i get the time later, i can type it all out if you're interested.
looks like a good list of regular supps. I dont see how you can afford to take COQ10 year round tho.

Any CEE you are looking at particularly or just generic/bulk CEE? Personally I think Im going to go with some O.G. creatine mono during my PCT, most likely primaforce creaform, great price on 1 kilo! and its been a while since ive done mono.

I was on my own modified 5x5 routine as well but i experience the same as you, gains leveled off and so did strength so for my cycle Im sticking to 3-4 sets 8-12 rep range for most exercises.

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
looks like a good list of regular supps. I dont see how you can afford to take COQ10 year round tho.
When not cycling, i only take 60mg of CoQ10/day...i get a bottle of 120 caps from Costco for about $20 Cdn. that lasts 4 months.

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any CEE you are looking at particularly or just generic/bulk CEE? Personally I think Im going to go with some O.G. creatine mono during my post cycle therapy, most likely primaforce creaform, great price on 1 kilo! and its been a while since ive done mono.
I will likely use up the bulk CEE i have left over. Alternatively, i have a 300g bottle of Prolab Creatine Mono (Creapure) that will be expiring in late 2007 i could use. Would like to try USP's Cialabol or Controlled Labs' Green Bulge someday though.