HCG Storage

BigMattTx

BigMattTx

Awards
  • Established
I've read a lot of places that HCG needs to be stored in the refridgerator. Whats the consensus on this?

I know with IGF-1 people used to think this but there was a recent study that shows that its ok for up to a year at room temp.

So whats the deal with HCG. I mixed mine last night and didnt put it in the fridge.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
it will be okay but not for to long. It goes "bad" after i believe 4 weeks (off the top of my head). Keeping it cool just helps insure the shelf life.

BigMattTx

BigMattTx

Awards
  • Established
cool thanks for the info. The ****ty thing is, I'm using it over a ten week span -- 5000 iu @ 500iu/week. Id be willing to bet its a little more stable than people think. Ive read varying things ranging from a month to 70 days.

People used to think you had to refridgerate IGF-1 LR3 to keep it stable but turns out its good for a year at room temp.

I put it in the fridge last night so I'm just gonna use it and not worry.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
I believe most people say it goes bad after 60 days in the fridge. But it's not like HCG or anything else degrades overnight... 100% potency at 59 days and 0% potency at 61 days. In reality, it is degrading the entire time from day 1.

In all likelihood, the degradation is minimal during the first 60 days but then becomes significant enough to effect the potency. For example, the 60-day "expiration" may refer to the point when it drops below 70% of its original potency (I just pulled that number out of my ass). So I'm guessing it will still have some effect even after 60 days, just not as much as initially.

I really know nothing about HCG stability, though, just my 2 cents.

BigMattTx

BigMattTx

Awards
  • Established
I believe most people say it goes bad after 60 days in the fridge. But it's not like HCG or anything else degrades overnight... 100% potency at 59 days and 0% potency at 61 days. In reality, it is degrading the entire time from day 1.

In all likelihood, the degradation is minimal during the first 60 days but then becomes significant enough to effect the potency. For example, the 60-day "expiration" may refer to the point when it drops below 70% of its original potency (I just pulled that number out of my ass). So I'm guessing it will still have some effect even after 60 days, just not as much as initially.

I agree with that postulation. I guess I'm just gonna use it and not worry about it. I'm sure it will work fine

gators52

gators52

Awards
  • Established

Say you had some left over after 2.5 months would you just have to up the dosage a bit since it wont be as potent till you finish it off? Or would this not even be worth the hastle and just throw it away after 2 months?

G

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
it really does actually need to be in the fridge after its mixed ... if you absolutely cannot do your best to store in a cool place below 50 degrees

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
^^exactly, you can't liken HCG to IGF-1 in this regard. Store it in a fridge after mixing as per many manufacturers' recommendations.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Anabolics 5
ironyogi Anabolics 2
GreenEarth Anabolics 9
Castor87 Anabolics 4
grngoloco Anabolics 5