Pre-contest Cycles

Rocky82

Awards
  • Established
I wasn't sure where to put this thread because it encompasses many aspects of training/lifestyle so I put it here becaue above else it will contain (hopefully) info for competitive BB'ers on the board. I just wanted to open the forum for sharing info on any pre-contest anabolic steroids/GH/slin/IGF cycles that anyone has used. I also wanted it to include cardio schedule, diet (basics), etc. I'll start:

Personally this is what I used last time and I was pleased.

started 12 weeks out (next time will start earlier)

coming off of post cycle therapy, this was the 12 week cycle:

GH was 2 iu EOD continuing from past 6 months through pre-contest prep (9 months total)
test enan 1000 mg/week weeks 1-4
test prop 100 mg ED weeks 5-12
tren ace 100 mg ED weeks 5-12
IGF-1 50 mcg ED (PWO) weeks 1-4 and 9-12
Masteron 100 mg ED weeks 7-12
Winstrol 100 mg ED weeks 7-12
(was going to use Halo instead but did not have enough for 6 weeks)

Diet was a carb cycle of 4 depletion days (<120 g carbs) followed by a carb-up day (500+). Calories on depletion day are 2500-3000 and about 5000 on carb-up day. Also of note, on depletion days, most if not all of the carbs are delivered immediately PWO. I know a lot of guys that like to use slin pre-contest but I am in no way a natural ecto or even mesomorph so slin is strictly off season for me. I know that if you keep your fats nill up to 5 hours post injection you have a very low risk of storing fat but I still have not been able to stay lean enough while using it off season to justify using it pre-contest.

My training remained pretty much the same as off season. Simple, compund movements with about 80% of the weight as I use off season. I dont believe in this pre-contest sissy workout crap that I see so man guys doing. All of the Mr O's since and including Arnold never let up on their training intensity pre-contest and I believe it showed in their successes. As far as cardio, the first month was 30-45 mins daily, and the final 2 months were 2 session of 45-60 mins daily, cutting it at 5-7 days out.

I guess I'll leave it at that for now. I don't want to go off in too many directions by getting into sodium loading, water restriction and all that business. I'm mainly interested in what others have to share about different compounds used pre-contest and their successes (or lack thereof).

P.S. I used an ECA stack throughout. No T3/T4, no clen. I dont have a tolerance for hardcore stims...

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
NICE! I'm definitely getting you help me with my prep when i make the plunge.

Rocky82

Awards
  • Established
No problem. TBH the real deal breaker is being a pin cushion for the last 5 weeks or so. You're doing 3 IM pins daily and it becomes a real pain (literally). I find it helpful to log the inj sites so I can keep rotating them as much as possible, all the while paying EXTRA close attention to cleanliness/sterile technique (not really "sterile" but you get my point).

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
test prop 100mg eod 12-1 week out
tren ace 75mg eod 8-3 days out
masteron 100mg eod 7-3 days out

i hate orals and feel GH at my age just isn't worth it

there are SO many different approaches to dieting that work its impossible to pinpoint one

i like the keeping protein high carbs moderate and fats low .. lowering carbs as i go .. with a huge cheat meal saturday night as long as i'm on schedule (restarts my metabolism from the last 8-10 weeks anyway)

cardio i think a combo of high intensity and low intensity is optimal .. frequency depends on your conditioning

Rocky82

Awards
  • Established
test prop 100mg eod 12-1 week out
tren ace 75mg eod 8-3 days out
masteron 100mg eod 7-3 days out

i hate orals and feel GH at my age just isn't worth it

there are SO many different approaches to dieting that work its impossible to pinpoint one

i like the keeping protein high carbs moderate and fats low .. lowering carbs as i go .. with a huge cheat meal saturday night as long as i'm on schedule (restarts my metabolism from the last 8-10 weeks anyway)

cardio i think a combo of high intensity and low intensity is optimal .. frequency depends on your conditioning
I agree on what you said regarding dieting. I think the whole art of pre-contest prep is finding the balance between carb intake and cardio and how it effects your physique. I've been experimenting a little recently with my diet and I find that I do a little better with higher carbs and more cardio (especially while using IGF-1). I really can't stand guys like Dexter Jackson and Dave Henry that reach sub-5% bf WITHOUT CARDIO!! They should be shot!! LOL that's just my endomorphic roots hatin on them. Regardless, the diet and cardio aspect can be debated until the end of time, but it seems that there's only so many tricks you can use cycle-wise, and I'm interested in what anyone else who's competed has to share.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
you'll hate me rocky but my last contest i did cardio maybe 4 times a month hehe

i do cardio more often while not "dieting" so i can have a little more latitude in what i eat

when i'm eating strictly i don't really find i have to diet much

i love my metabolism haha

Rocky82

Awards
  • Established
yeah you suck lol...For me it depends on the time of day. If I get to the gym later afternoon and do cardio after weights my appetite goes through the roof. If I get the cardio out of the way in the morning before work and then train later in the day then my appetite stays in check. But the balance for me is key. I always watch the mirror and if I start to look flat I'll back off the cardio.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
What is everyone's thoughts on T4? I wanna add this into my cutter, which i have posted on another thread but here it is:

Weeks 1-18 825mg Andropen 275
Weeks 1-15 300mg tren acetate
Weeks 12-20
Weeks 1-20 100mcg Clenbuterol/Ketotifen
Weeks 1-20 .5mg Cabergoline x2
Weeks 2-18 250iu's hcg x2