Test replacement

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
I was wondering if anybody could give me some advice.

I have been diagnosed as hypogonadal and my doctor has started me on some testosterone replacement thearapy. Transdermal testosterone solution (75mg/ml in a base of (urea/uric acid cann't remember without the bottle in front of me)) - 2 ml 2x daily. And aramosin( either 25 or 50mg, I really have bad short term memory) 1 tablet 2x a week. I have been under the assumtion that transdermal androgen delivery increases DHT and estrogen levels in the body, any thoughts???

My doc says that the aramasin is also acting as the cycling drug ???? I thought that aramosin was to block the aramotase enzyme to cut down the conversion of test to estrogen and had nothing to do with stimulating/restimulating the natural production of test in the body???

Given that I have been thinking about getting some novalex from liquid research or some 6oxo.

I have also been considering some stacking with then next round of transdermal test (if I am going to use this stuff I might as well get as much out of it as I can) What would you guys recommend as a stack, another transdermal, pills(1,4 diol), lymphatic delivery(19 nor or 4AD from meso labs)..........

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Actually if I am not mistake, the estrogen levels don't really increase but the test levels decrease enough for the estrogen effects not to be masked and so you see their nice little effects. aramasin? Personally, I have never heard of it. Now if you are talking about amiridex or liquidex, then that is used to help keep the bloat down and it is considered by many as a excellent anti-E. Also, if you can, you might want to see if you can convince your doctor to go with the injection form of HRT. I have had some good luck with that and I have heard some very negative reports on the test patch.. just my .02 on this..

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
sorry I misspelled the drug. It should have been aromasin
here is the description.
http://www.fda.gov/cder/foi/label/1999/20753lbl.pdf

I was going to see if the doc would do the injectable, I have too small children and I am kind of paranoid about not washing my hands well engough and getting some on them.

thanks for the info

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
I appreciate the link I will look at it.. don't worry about the spelling I am the world's worst speller :D

Apparently, it is much like A-dex.. and that would anti-E

wardog

Awards
  • Established
Aromasin is a newest generation anti-E. From what I understand it knocks out close to 100% of estrogen, which is not the healthiest IMO. In your situation, considering it is long term, I would suggest the doc give you some armidex, which knocks out about 80% of E, allowing some to still do the jobs it is supposed to do in the body.

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
aromaisin

Hey thnks for the info, I'll talk to him about it when I go for my next draw. He has been keeping track of my E levels and the are now in the normal range thanx to the aromasin, He has me on a very low dose 25 mg 2 x a week.

goes4ever

Awards
  • Established
I am on HRT, and my doc just prescribes me several vials of test cyp, and on my way i go, do all my own shots, when and where I want. I only have to see him once a yr for checkups, bloodwork, and of course to get my REFILLS....;) he is a real liberal doc too, easy to talk too, understands my needs and listens to what I want, not just what some med book says

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Wish my doc was that liberal with my HRT.. main reason I stopped going to see him was that he would only give me 200 mg/month and then only do the shots in the office. Didn't do much good.. but I have since then corrected that problem :D

pigfarmer

Awards
Wish my doc was that liberal with my HRT.. main reason I stopped going to see him was that he would only give me 200 mg/month and then only do the shots in the office. Didn't do much good.. but I have since then corrected that problem :D
I have the same problem with the MD i go to. I'm afraid he won't help me any more than the bare min treatment. I have some mood swings that seem to follow severe work out weeks, when I don't seem to get enough sleep, and have to work a lot of stressful hours. When on my cycle, NO MOOD SWINGS until I was well into the clomid...then I felt like my wife is 7 days/mo:p

Old Guy

Old Guy

Awards
  • Established
aramasin? Personally, I have never heard of it. Now if you are talking about amiridex or liquidex, then that is used to help keep the bloat down and it is considered by many as a excellent anti-E.
Aromasin(exemestane) is a strong anti-aromatase.
It is reportedly effective at doses as low as
2-3 times per week.

Also, if you can, you might want to see if you can convince your doctor to go with the injection form of HRT.
Agreed

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
I finanlly got my doc to give me the injectable instead of the cream. The only concern that I have is that I still get my perscription from a compounding pharm, so it is kind of a 'home brew' cypionate. My dosage on the cream was 150mg/day now with the shot I get 150mg/week. Does that sound right, was that much of the cream being wasted that I had to take 7x as much to get the same effect, or does he just have me on a real low dose?

Jcc

Awards
  • Established
150mg/week is a pretty good HRT dose. Most give 100/week or less.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I prefer to self-medicate my HRT :D

ManBeast