Orals : Time need for Anti-Catabolic effects?

solarize

solarize

191cm, 98kg (6'3, 215lb)
Awards
  • Established
I've searched but haven't been able to find a clear answer, even from some of the books I have.

Does anyone know how long it takes an oral steroid, say Dbol or SD, to show anti-catabolic effects in humans?

This is related to a scenario I was thinking about.. If I was hyperthetically to have a long distance run say, that was going to be highly catabolic, perhaps taking an oral compound 1-2 days prior may be enough to provide some anti-catabolic relief?

Also, Bill Lewleyn has stated that benzo's in general have anti-catabolic effects. Does anyone know if this is dose dependant, or instant upon digestion?

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I'd personally stay away from benzo's. As far how quick the effects are seen depends on the compound. I wouldn't use Superdrol on a cut either because it will make you feel like sh!t during low carb phases. I'd opt for anavar as an anti-catabolic oral, or winstrol.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
I've searched but haven't been able to find a clear answer, even from some of the books I have.

Does anyone know how long it takes an oral steroid, say Dbol or superdrol, to show anti-catabolic effects in humans?

This is related to a scenario I was thinking about.. If I was hyperthetically to have a long distance run say, that was going to be highly catabolic, perhaps taking an oral compound 1-2 days prior may be enough to provide some anti-catabolic relief?

Also, Bill Lewleyn has stated that benzo's in general have anti-catabolic effects. Does anyone know if this is dose dependant, or instant upon digestion?

I don't think a benzo would be too beneficial for a long-distance run. It might help keep your muscle, but you'd lose your focus, motivation, and energy.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't see why you would want to use a steroid. Unless one is already malnurished I see no reason to expect that one would become catabolic in a long distance run. A quality pre, during and post run nutrition plan should suffice to stave off catabolism during this period. JMHO.

BigMattTx

BigMattTx

Awards
  • Established
Don't use benzos!

Benzos are not good if you plan on doing any type of exercise. They relax your muscles, make you less coordinated and generally lazy. Eating a lot of benzos and exercising are two polar extremes. Also, benzos will hinder your breathing. I used to eat them a lot for recreation. My workouts suffered because of it. The biggest way it hurt me was the loss of endurance/breathing I experienced.

If you want to stay anti-catabolic, drink a nice whey shake before and after with some low GI carbs that will stick with you like oats.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
Don't use benzos!

Benzos are not good if you plan on doing any type of exercise. They relax your muscles, make you less coordinated and generally lazy. Eating a lot of benzos and exercising are two polar extremes. Also, benzos will hinder your breathing. I used to eat them a lot for recreation. My workouts suffered because of it. The biggest way it hurt me was the loss of endurance/breathing I experienced.
Not to mention that they are extremely addictive, and regular use will lead to dependence and withdrawal upon discontinuation.

BigMattTx

BigMattTx

Awards
  • Established
Yup. I know a few guys that have had seizures because of withdrawals. They were taking EXTREME amounts and were unhealthy but it is still a factor.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
The problem is that tolerance can build relatively quickly with regular use. So "normal" doses can escalate to extreme doses in just a few months... and benzo withdrawal is not only life-threatening (due to the seizures that you mentioned), but I've heard that it's hell.

solarize

solarize

191cm, 98kg (6'3, 215lb)
Awards
  • Established
Ok, so far no one has been able to answer any of those questions, cool.

No I didnt plan on using a benzo during running. It was a hyperthetical.
Yes I am aware of post / pre / during nutrition.
Yes I am aware of benzo's other effects.

If anyone has anything to state on the Q's posed, great, thanks reps, otherwise, this thread should die along with the

"Dont do the bro"!
and "Your crazy" comments.. Jesus, this board used to be about talking about issues, just not some personal jab when a word like 'benzo' pops up and you get all uppedy about it.

BigMattTx

BigMattTx

Awards
  • Established
To be honest, your original question could have been easily answered with a search or even common sense.

Steroids are obviously anti-catabolic and they will exert these properties once they kick in. With orals, the half-life is short and they will kick in within a few days.

Why someone would want to use steroids for the sole purpose of preventing catabolism in a long-distance run boggles my mind.

ripped22

ripped22

Awards
  • Established
man you board mods are the ones that need to chill out. Internet tough guys. I have not been on here in a while and the stuff i have been reading you guys write in some these threads is borderline rediculous. You are going to start chasing people away soon enough.................

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So is this your answer to his question or is it your rant on moderator internet tough guys. I have been here a long time and I have read what some of members post. You are scaring me now.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
Ok, so far no one has been able to answer any of those questions, cool.

No I didnt plan on using a benzo during running. It was a hyperthetical.
Yes I am aware of post / pre / during nutrition.
Yes I am aware of benzo's other effects.

If anyone has anything to state on the Q's posed, great, thanks reps, otherwise, this thread should die along with the

"Dont do the bro"!
and "Your crazy" comments.. Jesus, this board used to be about talking about issues, just not some personal jab when a word like 'benzo' pops up and you get all uppedy about it.
well B5150 is right, the diet will have more to do with this then anything. but to answer your question (at least with dbol) 2 to 4 days would start showing a strong anticarbolic effect. it however takes about 2 weeks for the full effect to set in. I don't know how how much you know about these componds but nether SD or Dbol would be my choice before a run. I know the dbol would work for what you wanted but given the sides (water retention and pumps, both bad for a long run)

to be honest I would start loading creatine before I used the dbol. I think that and the diet would actually work better for what you want.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
what about taking retain the day of the run and before running? retain will reduce cortisol and help keep your test levels high.

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
what about taking retain the day of the run and before running? retain will reduce cortisol and help keep your test levels high.
Agreed.

OR- if you WERE to use a steroid, why not use something that is not a methyl....

Honestly, insulin or something like that would be more effective I would think. But then again, that just means that you need to eat or "load" before the run. There are other more realistic options I would use (IMO).
BCAA's for starters.
Actually, anything that spikes insulin or that type of response (LR3).
A few doses spaced out a day or two of Cialabol, or something like that, while carb loading w BCAA's would be the Safest bet. (and I mean "safe" as in provide anticatabolic results buy whording glycogen in muscle tissue)..

What you were looking for??

-sigh- not exactly, but really I think the anticatabolic effects of MY idea would work better then 1 pill of SD, or D-bol or an anabolic the morning before a long distance run

solarize

solarize

191cm, 98kg (6'3, 215lb)
Awards
  • Established
Thanks xtra.

It was completely hyperthetical, but there are some 'situation's like an all night dance pardy, or VERY long runs and swims where I had wondered a little, "What would happen if I took this etc.. ".

Yes I agree with the use of BCAA etc, but I was looking for a pure anti-catabolic response in regards to oral steroids, if anyone knew.

So far, no one does, and thats probably because studies havent been done, nor will be.

Thanks for all replies.

As for Retain.... I dont find much use for it. It has never done much for me at all, however I have friends that have used it and its been great. I guess I just dont respond at all to that particular compound.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SatishOG Anabolics 0
Anabolics 89
AntM1564 Anabolics 4
50Magnum Anabolics 5
Anabolics 1