Abscess Please Help!!!!

BOVEY

Awards
Gentlemen

I think I have the beginnings of an abscess on my right butt cheek!! (well that’s what the doctor said)

On the final week of my 13th week of test e / deca and my second to last shot was on Sunday, jab was fine, but butt felt really bruised quite bad afterwards, last night my gf was having a look cause I mentioned it hurt quite bad, she pointed out what looks like red swelling over almost the whole cheek, she insisted I went down the hospital to get it looked at…

The doctor said it was either an infection or the beginning of an abscess but there was nothing they could do yet as there was no puss to cut out, he prescribed me with antibiotics

He said it will probably progress to this stage tho even with antibiotics

I am going to finish off the course tonight (obviously using left cheek)

My question is this a common problem (the doctor reckons this is a common side effect of injections), has my mate been injecting the wrong area? or any ideas why this has happened, i didnt have any problems on my first cycle or with any of the other jabs in this current one

Thanks guys

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
have you been rotating sites? or just rotating glutes?

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Gentlemen

I think I have the beginnings of an abscess on my right butt cheek!! (well that’s what the doctor said)

On the final week of my 13th week of test e / deca and my second to last shot was on Sunday, jab was fine, but butt felt really bruised quite bad afterwards, last night my gf was having a look cause I mentioned it hurt quite bad, she pointed out what looks like red swelling over almost the whole cheek, she insisted I went down the hospital to get it looked at…

The doctor said it was either an infection or the beginning of an abscess but there was nothing they could do yet as there was no puss to cut out, he prescribed me with antibiotics

He said it will probably progress to this stage tho even with antibiotics

I am going to finish off the course tonight (obviously using left cheek)

My question is this a common problem (the doctor reckons this is a common side effect of injections), has my mate been injecting the wrong area? or any ideas why this has happened, i didnt have any problems on my first cycle or with any of the other jabs in this current one

Thanks guys
there is no reason you should have had to gone to a doctor or let the abscess progress. you can pick up 100 doses of penicillin for about $8 if you search vetrinary websites. 3 or 4 days of 2cc shots (thats 200,000 units) is enough to knock out just about anything except a resistant staph infection.

if you have been using only your glutes for all injections, its likely that is the cause of the abscess, inflammation from constant injections increases the risk of an abscess.

do the injections yourself from now on and make sure you are generous with the rubbing alcohol.

2RIIPPED

Awards
Are you sure you had one? I've gotten very red and swollen from injections and thought I had an abscess. It took 7 or so days for it to finally go away. I've sat there and contemplated going to the doctor but realized eventually that it wasn't an abscess. If you have an abscess you wouldn't be able to sit down.

BOVEY

Awards
just been rotating glutes, only doing 2 shots per week

The doctor has given me pencillion and Flucloxacillin

I can sit down, but its very painful, im limping when i walk also

I had a fever last night also, but its gone now which its strange, don’t know whether its down to the possible infection or the antibiotics

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
you really really have to add more sites .. the build up of scar tissue aside .. the constant inflammation ups the chances for an abcess

delts are WAY too easy not to do .. bis and lats i find painless .. many love quads

tattoopierced1

start adding in other sites like glen said. I started to get build up in my glutes due to the same type injects you do, so I left them alone and started in with quads and delts and my glutes are starting to "soften up" instead of the hard small lump that was starting to form from before.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
outer bis and lats baby .. try them out .. the first one or two times they will be sore as they are virgin muscles .. but any muscle would be like that .. after that 2nd time though its like butter

BOVEY

Awards
Thanks for all the input guys, i dont think its an abscess now,

the swelling has started to go down, its a lot more comfortable and im able to walk properly now

i think it was inflammation from the buildup

for my next cycle i will use my delts too

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Also, when you feel like that get some theragesic, and some advil, 800mgs does the trick.

Glen bi's huh? not ever again!!!

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Lats shots are nice..just hard to reach sometimes.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Inner it was, and I cringe thinking about not being able to brush my hair, nor really bend my arms. The only good thing about it was my arms were pumped all the damn time!!!

glg

glg

Awards
  • Established
Question....
Is one more prone to the potential of an abscess when pinning ones self or is there still a potential if being pinned by a professional (DR/Nurse etc)/

How do the people who are on TRT/HRT avoid it since they pin evry week for very long periods? Is it the volume, the purity, the pinning location?

B4n3 0n3

How many inject sites do you recommend for a 2 shot a week schedule?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
The key to avoiding abcesses is to scrub your injection site for a good 20-30 seconds with the alcohol pad. Use a seperate pad to clean the bottle top and always follow up the injection with another round of swabbing. I have pinned many different things and still continue with B12 shots and have never developed an abcess..knock on wood.

I would rotate using the lower body for one week, then the upper for the second. There are lots of inject spots on either half of the body...spotinject.com or something like that is a good place to look.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
Question....
Is one more prone to the potential of an abscess when pinning ones self or is there still a potential if being pinned by a professional (DR/Nurse etc)/

How do the people who are on TRT/HRT avoid it since they pin evry week for very long periods? Is it the volume, the purity, the pinning location?

its a combination of factors but if you use safe and sterile pinning procedure i can almost guarantee you'll NEVER get an abcess from REAL pharma gear ... with that said most people get abcesses from unsafe and/or unsterile pinning ... i.e. not rotating sites, reusing pins or syringes, using alcohol and cotton balls as opposed to alcohol prep pads etc.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
I hit my short head on bis all the time.. majority of the time without complications.. never tried the long head like you Glen.. I do however sometimes get massive bruising if I pass through a large vein. ;)

bump on at least 4 sites for a 2X week schedule.

ryano

Awards
  • Established
I always move the needle around too much for delts. Do you guys usually push the pin all the way in to the base when doing delts. I usually just buy 1.5 inch pins but usually just push the pin in about an inch ...I really have to apply alot of steady pressure to the plunger when using a 25 guage.

Also wanted to always try bis but ..how much oil can your bicep hold?

Sorry didnt mean to hijack.

Doesnt getting some of the oil under the skin instead of all of it going IM lead to an abcess as well?

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
if you inject into the adipose, it will result in a tremendous inflammation that many could misdiagnose as an abscess.. I had one of those in my tricep and it swelled up into freakish proportions.. I told people i got stung by a bee... haha

The most I put in my bicep is about 2cc.

I buy 25g 1" for anywhere other than my glutes.. for my glutes, it's 23g, 1.5".

ryano

Awards
  • Established
Thanks ubi...I thought Im going pick up some 1" next time as well.
I should be able to put it in all the way to the base and just use one hand.

That just doesnt sound right for some reason..

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Oils will also spurt out of the depot in the muscle and into the adipose tissue..particularly if you excercise or flex that muscle hard after an inject. This happened the one and only time I did calf injects and I thought I'd never walk again, lol.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Injury / Rehab 5
Anabolics 31
AntM1564 Anabolics 21
Fit4LifeMike Pro Bodybuilding 3
Anabolics 3