T3, all at once or spread out

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
I'm going to start my T3 tommorrow, I'm doing 50mcg per day as oppossed to the ramping. My question is: at that dose should it still be spread out through the day or would it matter if it was taken all at once?

I just dont care to bring this in to work if I can at all help it.

Thanks

bigjay00

Banned
Awards
i don't BELIVE it typiclly matters.....but i take mine throughout the day.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
All at once is fine.

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i've done both, makes no difference. I have to spread my clen out over the course of a day because i start shaking real bad if i take too much at once.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Kow

Awards
I've seen a lot of recommendations for a twice-a-day dosing schedule, just as I've seen lots of spreading-out suggestions. Even seen a few all-at-oncers.

I don't think I have a point with this post...but I'd say whatever's most convenient for you really. I prefer twice a day personally...right when I get up and right when I go to bed.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd take it all unless its over 50mcg....SOme people don't like that high a dose at once but the half-life is so long that spreading it out really doesn't make a difference. Its more of a tolerance thing.

raybravo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
bobo , i think the half life is like 10 hrs or so ??

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If I could find that actual time, that would be great. I have anywhere from 10 hours- 3 days....

EDIT: I've found numerous sites saying its 48 hours+

"Since liothyronine sodium (T3) is not firmly bound to serum protein, it is readily available to body tissues. The onset of activity of liothyronine sodium is rapid occurring within a few hours. Maximum pharmacologic response occurs within 2 or 3 days, providing early clinical response. The biological half-life is about 2-½ days."

Rhapsody

Awards
Most of the people I know take clen and T3 at the same time.

you can take it all at once or spilt it up.

Just remember at 50mcg it's gonna take awhile for the thyroid to kick back in after you stop taking it........so keep up the cardio and eat clean.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Taking it together is perfectly fine since both have long half-lives. If your worried about post cycle get som L-tyrosine and 7-keto. Its the closest thing to a "clomid" or "nolva" for post T3 cycle. You will bounce back rather quickly though. 50mcg is not that high of a dose..

raybravo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
yeah , ive hardly seen anywhere where the half life of t3 was stated with authority , and i thought the longer half life was for t4 ....

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
I take both at the same time and it seems to be working well, I even trashed my diet one day and I continue to lose fat (visible results). L-tyrosine I have, ordering 7-keto now. For a simple question I got some damn good info, Thanks.

Rhapsody

Awards
yeah , ive hardly seen anywhere where the half life of t3 was stated with authority , and i thought the longer half life was for t4 ....
Half life:

T3 (liothyronine) 1-2 days ( I think it averages around 24 /26 hours)

T4 (thyroxine) 6-7 days

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Massive triiodothyronine intoxication: efficacy of hemoperfusion?

Sola E, Gomez-Balaguer M, Morillas C, Garzon S, Garcia S, Morcillo EJ, Hernandez-Mijares A.

Endocrinology Department, University Hospital Dr. Peset, University of Valencia, Valencia, Spain.

A case of massive accidental triiodothyronine intoxication (1000-fold the usual therapeutic dose, for 8 days) is reported with important disturbances of cardiovascular and central nervous systems that required intensive care support. Serum free triiodothyronine levels were 4789 pmol L(-1) on admittance (normal values, 3.5-6.5 pmol x L(-1)). In the absence of a specific treatment, hemoperfusions were performed but failed to accelerate significantly the decay of blood levels of free triiodothyronine (apparent half-life 25.9 hours; 95% confidence interval: 19.8-37.4 hours). The patient, a young woman, made a satisfactory recovery, in spite of important clinical complications.

I also found studies saying its dose dependent which makes since. The more you increase your metabolism the quicker leaves from your system.

raybravo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
ahh , lol , i dont want sisters , i see only brothers , and THEIR sisters :D lol . so hello lady :) .
bobo , thanx for that , that clarifies quite a bit .