where do stem and satelite cells hang out?

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
just want to know where in the body do stem/sat cells stay dormant in the body in relation to site specific growth?If I take AAS and it causes muscle growth to happen,the new muscle will be made from stem/sat cells -so are those cells everywhere in the body or do they travel to repair muscle where needed?Theres a report in the IGFsection that says if you use t3 while on AAS or IGF that the t3 will go after the cells that cause muscle growth and I was wondering if it realates to systemic or site specific?

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
Don't they lay dormant in the outer layer of muscle fibers?

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
just want to know where in the body do stem/sat cells stay dormant in the body in relation to site specific growth?If I take anabolic steroids and it causes muscle growth to happen,the new muscle will be made from stem/sat cells -so are those cells everywhere in the body or do they travel to repair muscle where needed?Theres a report in the IGFsection that says if you use t3 while on AAS or IGF that the t3 will go after the cells that cause muscle growth and I was wondering if it realates to systemic or site specific?
actually from what we know most of steroids' muscle building effects come from stimulation of intracellular igf-1 stimulation (not the systemic version we take), direct stimulation of protein synthesis by the steroid/recptor complex recruiting ribosomes after DNA expression, and an upreguation of satellite cell activity.

most people will just tell you "steroids increase protein synthesis", and its a little more complex than that. when you factor in the increased satellite cell activity and the upregulation of intracellular igf-1 the possibility of steroids creating new muscle cells over time doesnt sound to brotelligent.