ATD Postive Drug Tests and 6-OXO

dmilhouse

Awards
I have read where ATD causes a postive drug test for Boldenone because it has metabolites that are the same as the boldenone metabolites that they test for. I am going into my first natural contest and that would suck to get busted for taking a "natural" supplement. For this reason I am avoiding ATD but would like to run an Anti-E to dry me out. Does anyone know the metabolites of 6-OXO and 6-bromo (Rebound Reloaded)? I obviously wouldn't choose Jungle Warfare because one of its compounds in a metbaolite of ATD.

Dr. D and others? Any insight here?

Thanks - MH

xxtruxx1

xxtruxx1

Awards
  • Established
As far as I know, I don't think these show up on drug tests? I'm not sure though so I'll let someone who does answer your question, but my guess would be no.

Here's some logic. Eating bagels with poppy seeds was thought to prove positive drug tests. Turns out you have to eat an unreal number bagels/poppy seeds to come out positive.

I'd figure it'd be the same with these compounds.

dmilhouse

Awards
I found this press release about ATD.....this is why I was curious about 6-OXO and 6-bromo. Would they also cause a false positive?

"The OCB/IFPA underwent an experiment to see if the over the counter supplement known as ATD would cause a subject to fail a urinalysis. ATD is marketed as a “naturally occurring testosterone booster” and acts as an anti-estrogen. ATD is an aromatase inhibitor, in other words, it binds to and inhibits the enzyme that converts testosterone to estrogen.

The subject submitted a sample that was clear of any banned substances. After taking ATD for 2 weeks, the subject resubmitted a urine sample. This time, the sample came back positive for metabolites of the anabolic steroid boldenone (1,4-androstadiene-3-one,17b-ol). (The metabolites were 5beta-androst-1-en-17beta-ol-3-one and 5beta-androst-1-en-3beta-ol-17-one)

It is believed that ATD shares similar metabolites as 1,4-androstadienedione, a prohormone of boldenone. ATD products may also contain contaminants containing this prohormone, which would result in the positive test for boldenone.

ATD’s chemical name is 1,4,6-Androstatrien-3,17-dione (ADT), but natural athletes need to be very vigilant in selecting their supplements. ATD is often referred to using deceptive names such as 3,17-keto-etiochol-triene or 3,17-dioxoetioallocholan-1,4,6-triene, for example. ATD is found in many over the counter supplements including, but not limited to Rebound XT (Designer Supplements), Novedex XT (Gaspari Nutrition), Inhibit-E (SNS), and Attitude (SAN)"

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
interesting. just use arimidex...but not formestane (can test positive for hydroxytest as it converts right to it)

not sure about aromasin....or 6OXO, but it's is related to ATD so i might avoid that.

dmilhouse

Awards
Arimidex is banned. I want to stay legal. 6-bromo and 6-OXO are legal. Thanks.

MH

dam225

Awards
I help the OCB with their banned substances list. I do not know the answer to this question. Just be sure you do before you choose to use anything as a positive result is a positive result.

Werewolf

Werewolf

Awards
  • Established
You also need to beware of Testostrone to Estrogen ratio if 4:1 is disqualification. 6:1 is hard to get using most AIs, but 4:1 is possible.

NeedleDick

Awards
Knowing this, anyone know the clearance/detection time for ATD? Searched around but nothin. Appreciate it, thanks!

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
You also need to beware of Testostrone to Estrogen ratio if 4:1 is disqualification. 6:1 is hard to get using most AIs, but 4:1 is possible.
Isn't the T:E ration they use actually Testosterone:Epitestosterone, not Test:Estrogen. I don't think an AI would mess with that.

NeedleDick

Awards
Being on NHA stack, just wanna bump the question of clearance time/detection for ATD, would really appreciate it, thanks!

brudman

Awards
ATD can be shown as D-bol I heard.
What's the detection time on this? I would assume that since ATD is oral it practically has no detectable metabolites after a few days. I'm no expert though.