ATD Postive Drug Tests and 6-OXO

1. Registered User

ATD Postive Drug Tests and 6-OXO

I have read where ATD causes a postive drug test for Boldenone because it has metabolites that are the same as the boldenone metabolites that they test for. I am going into my first natural contest and that would suck to get busted for taking a "natural" supplement. For this reason I am avoiding ATD but would like to run an Anti-E to dry me out. Does anyone know the metabolites of 6-OXO and 6-bromo (Rebound Reloaded)? I obviously wouldn't choose Jungle Warfare because one of its compounds in a metbaolite of ATD.

Dr. D and others? Any insight here?

Thanks - MH

2. Gold Member

As far as I know, I don't think these show up on drug tests? I'm not sure though so I'll let someone who does answer your question, but my guess would be no.

Here's some logic. Eating bagels with poppy seeds was thought to prove positive drug tests. Turns out you have to eat an unreal number bagels/poppy seeds to come out positive.

I'd figure it'd be the same with these compounds.
  3. Registered User

I found this press release about ATD.....this is why I was curious about 6-OXO and 6-bromo. Would they also cause a false positive?

"The OCB/IFPA underwent an experiment to see if the over the counter supplement known as ATD would cause a subject to fail a urinalysis. ATD is marketed as a “naturally occurring testosterone booster” and acts as an anti-estrogen. ATD is an aromatase inhibitor, in other words, it binds to and inhibits the enzyme that converts testosterone to estrogen.

The subject submitted a sample that was clear of any banned substances. After taking ATD for 2 weeks, the subject resubmitted a urine sample. This time, the sample came back positive for metabolites of the anabolic steroid boldenone (1,4-androstadiene-3-one,17b-ol). (The metabolites were 5beta-androst-1-en-17beta-ol-3-one and 5beta-androst-1-en-3beta-ol-17-one)

It is believed that ATD shares similar metabolites as 1,4-androstadienedione, a prohormone of boldenone. ATD products may also contain contaminants containing this prohormone, which would result in the positive test for boldenone.

ATD’s chemical name is 1,4,6-Androstatrien-3,17-dione (ADT), but natural athletes need to be very vigilant in selecting their supplements. ATD is often referred to using deceptive names such as 3,17-keto-etiochol-triene or 3,17-dioxoetioallocholan-1,4,6-triene, for example. ATD is found in many over the counter supplements including, but not limited to Rebound XT (Designer Supplements), Novedex XT (Gaspari Nutrition), Inhibit-E (SNS), and Attitude (SAN)"
    •   

4. Banned

interesting. just use arimidex...but not formestane (can test positive for hydroxytest as it converts right to it)

not sure about aromasin....or 6OXO, but it's is related to ATD so i might avoid that.
  5. Registered User

Arimidex is banned. I want to stay legal. 6-bromo and 6-OXO are legal. Thanks.

MH
  6. Registered User

I help the OCB with their banned substances list. I do not know the answer to this question. Just be sure you do before you choose to use anything as a positive result is a positive result.
  7. Registered User

wow
  8. Registered User

You also need to beware of Testostrone to Estrogen ratio if 4:1 is disqualification. 6:1 is hard to get using most AIs, but 4:1 is possible.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

I don't know what kind of testing is used for OCB/IFPA, but some of you may recall that radioimmunoassay (RIA) testing on ATD can result in false-positives for testosterone:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7...ubmed_RVDocSum
  10. Registered User

Knowing this, anyone know the clearance/detection time for ATD? Searched around but nothin. Appreciate it, thanks!
  11. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf View Post
    You also need to beware of Testostrone to Estrogen ratio if 4:1 is disqualification. 6:1 is hard to get using most AIs, but 4:1 is possible.
    Isn't the T:E ration they use actually Testosterone:Epitestosterone, not Test:Estrogen. I don't think an AI would mess with that.
  12. Registered User

Being on NHA stack, just wanna bump the question of clearance time/detection for ATD, would really appreciate it, thanks!
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Needle**** View Post
    Being on NHA stack, just wanna bump the question of clearance time/detection for ATD, would really appreciate it, thanks!
    Bump, does anybody know the answer to this, thank you.
  14. Registered User

ATD can be shown as D-bol I heard.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  199 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Suryoyo View Post
    ATD can be shown as D-bol I heard.
    What's the detection time on this? I would assume that since ATD is oral it practically has no detectable metabolites after a few days. I'm no expert though.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. 1,3-dimeth, drug testing and jobs.
    By kingdong in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-08-2011, 07:32 PM
  2. Drug Testing and PL Competing
    By Erik2003 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-20-2008, 08:44 PM
  3. drug testing and cycle advice
    By burnstacp in forum Anabolics