injecting fast or slow?

boti420

Awards
Medical manuals says that for IM injections the needle should quickly be darted into the muscle, whereas i've read o these forums that the needle is pushed in slowly into the muscle for test injections. WHich is the correct procedure, i would think that it should be darted quickly into the muscle as this will prevent pain and swelling, but i have no experience with this so help me out. thanks.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
well you dont want to inject in a vein or hit any nerves that is the reason for injecting slower. I believe most people on this board go slow and steady. I started a poll on this if you SEARCH.

xxtruxx1

xxtruxx1

Awards
  • Established
SLOW! Take it from me, even in medicine you want to go in slow. You aren't giving yourself a piercing here.

You should also look into the z-track method of IM administration so that oil doesn't leak out of the muscle into the epidermis, or worse completely out of the injection site.

It hurts the same whether you jab it in or go slow, which is not much at all. Go slow, aspirate, push the oil in slow, keep the needle in for a little, then pull out slow (remember to use z-track).

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
pardon me but why do you leave it in for a while?

xxtruxx1

xxtruxx1

Awards
  • Established
Well, I don't leave it in & walk around my apartment & do the laundry or anything while it's poking out of my lat or anything, but you shouldn't pull the pin out within seconds of the last cc or some of the oil will follow the pin's track out of the muscle, epidermis, & skin all together. If you leave the pin in for about 5-8 seconds after the barrel is empty, it gives the muscle more chance to contain the oil so when you pull the pin out it doesn't follow. Of course if you use z-track method then this isn't an issue because when you let go of the skin, the track the pin left is broken so the oil can't follow.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
im sorry but is that what your using(ztrack) on your current cycle?

xxtruxx1

xxtruxx1

Awards
  • Established
For the sites I can, yes. It's difficult to use z-track on all sites because I am pinning myself. A girl I was hooking up with who is a nurse at the hospital I work at loved giving injections (don't ask me why) so sometimes she'd do it for me. I don't see what kind of pleasure you can really get out of it besides that she was pinning spots I'm sure she doesn't regularly pin on patients (lats, traps, tris, pecs).

But to answer your question, yes, for most pins I use z-track except for glutes & ventros because I do those laying down & use 2 hands on the pin & barrel due to the awkward positioning.

EDIT: piston you know what's funny? I just realized you're in Hawaii, so the time difference between you and me (Florida) is quite a few hours. It's 4:41am here. AM really is crack lol.

Actually I'm up because I'm an insomniac & I have a lab report to write. I just check in here every now & then to take a break.

boti420

Awards
thanks for the info, i plan on using the z-track method, i did make a search for this before i posted but all my searches ended up talking about the rate of actually injecting the oil not the speed of pushing the needle in and any injection i got at the doctors office was always a quick dart so i was a little confused a while back when i saw a video of someone juicing and doing it real slow into the muscle, if you look at my join date and my # of posts i think you'll see that the search function has been serving me quite well, i just wanna do this cycle right so i've been looking for input, once again thanks for the help, believe it or not i've been trying to find the answer to this simple question for a while now across several boards but none of the inject faq seem to address this. on a side note do you guys prelube the needle with a drop of the oil? if so does it really make a difference in your opinion?

boti420

Awards
awesome, that was what i was looking for, if i could give reps you would get one.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks its the thought that counts. maybe you can catch me later.

xxtruxx1

xxtruxx1

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the info, i plan on using the z-track method, i did make a search for this before i posted but all my searches ended up talking about the rate of actually injecting the oil not the speed of pushing the needle in and any injection i got at the doctors office was always a quick dart so i was a little confused a while back when i saw a video of someone juicing and doing it real slow into the muscle, if you look at my join date and my # of posts i think you'll see that the search function has been serving me quite well, i just wanna do this cycle right so i've been looking for input, once again thanks for the help, believe it or not i've been trying to find the answer to this simple question for a while now across several boards but none of the inject faq seem to address this. on a side note do you guys prelube the needle with a drop of the oil? if so does it really make a difference in your opinion?
I don't lube the pin. I usually just give it a quick swipe with an alcohol pad (before cleaning the pin site). Honestly, I don't see how much easier the oil could make it to go in. Pins are sharp & go in very easily (unless you have a dull pin).

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't lube the pin. I usually just give it a quick swipe with an alcohol pad (before cleaning the pin site). Honestly, I don't see how much easier the oil could make it to go in. Pins are sharp & go in very easily (unless you have a dull pin).
do you let the alcohol dry before penetrating? I wish i could remember everything i read:blink: :yawn:

xxtruxx1

xxtruxx1

Awards
  • Established
Well it doesn't get much on it. I'm assuming by the time I pin it's already dry. Pinning goes like this. I get everything ready. Open the alcohol pad, rub down the top of the vial, rub down pin, rub down area to be pinned, pin. By the time I pin I'm sure the alcohol is dry.

Haven't had any issues yet.

xxtruxx1

xxtruxx1

Awards
  • Established
Z-TRACK BABY!!!!!! THAT'S HOW WE DO!!!

sorry for yelling, but mullet excites me....

not like that sicko. lol

EDIT: USP labs rep!!! Mr. Big Time over there. lol